Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Race to Thanksgiving 1989 Topps Project>>>>>>

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
[MENTION=3275]Lancemountain[/MENTION] - This was a BLAST! I hadn't done TTM since I was younger and learned a lot about the process now.

I'm in for another game if others are. Obviously a new set would be preferred and I'd spice up the rules for the points - having a bonus point if they put your name on the auto (ex. "To Mac") or a bonus point if you get a HOFer. Just a stupid idea I guess.

Anyways, I'm in. Looking forward to it.

Mac

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

aekdb535

Jun 26, 2010
I'd be interested in joining if you guys will allow it. Loved following this thread and while I haven't done TTM before I'd love to get started!

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
So for next round I am thinking maybe the 1976 SSPC set? There are 630 cards, I'll shuffle them on camera and team bag them up? Start it around Christmas and race till Easter. That'll give us ST.

If you don't knnow what SSPC cards are, you are in for a treat lol http://www.baseballcardpedia.com/index.php/SSPC

1990 Fleer is a nice choice as Ben said. I can get rack packs cheap, maybe we each start with 5 or so rack packs?

thoughts? I think the SSPC would be a great time

SSPC sounds interesting, but whatever everyone wants I would be cool with. Thanks for running this!! Even tho my returns were a tad disappointing I had a great time doing it!

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
So for next round I am thinking maybe the 1976 SSPC set? There are 630 cards, I'll shuffle them on camera and team bag them up? Start it around Christmas and race till Easter. That'll give us ST.

If you don't knnow what SSPC cards are, you are in for a treat lol http://www.baseballcardpedia.com/index.php/SSPC

1990 Fleer is a nice choice as Ben said. I can get rack packs cheap, maybe we each start with 5 or so rack packs?

thoughts? I think the SSPC would be a great time

Thank you again. Had a great time with this!

I'm down for whatever. SSPC would be really cool.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
I am good with either the 76 SSPC or 90 Fleer. Those SSPC cards look nice signed as do the 90 Fleer.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
SSPC set is en route so that's the next set.

Had a thought though. Perhaps after the signups I hit random.org and we draft teams? Just thinking here.....these cards are hilarious and most of us are team collectors anyway. Like dany can have the yanks I'll take Phil's Mac the tribe, joe the reds and so forth. Then left over teams we just draft.

Or shuffle the while stack.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
The team idea sounds like fun, if everyone is in agreement. Then you could randomly shuffle the remaining cards to complete each person's allotment.
DANNY

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Yea, the team idea sounds excellent. As you said, Tribe for me of course lol... anything would be fun... cards do look hilarious.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Yea, the team idea sounds excellent. As you said, Tribe for me of course lol... anything would be fun... cards do look hilarious.

Sounds good to me, I'll take the Yankees...wait what? Those are Danny's? Ok, ok, I guess I'll get the Mets then....

aekdb535

Jun 26, 2010
I might fight for the Indians. They have Frank Robinson AND Rick Manning ;-). My first choice would be the Braves but I'm just excited to taking part so any team would be okay with me.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA

Had a thought though. Perhaps after the signups I hit random.org and we draft teams? Just thinking here.....these cards are hilarious and most of us are team collectors anyway. Like dany can have the yanks I'll take Phil's Mac the tribe, joe the reds and so forth. Then left over teams we just draft.

Cubs for me then if we do that.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
I might fight for the Indians. They have Frank Robinson AND Rick Manning ;-). My first choice would be the Braves but I'm just excited to taking part so any team would be okay with me.

I'm going to go ahead and grandfather in team collectors unless there is an uproar. It looks like you are a Braves guy anyway so let's let Mac have the Tribe. Although Manning's card is truly great haha #tearingup

aekdb535

Jun 26, 2010
I was just joking about taking the tribe. I've been a long time lurker few time poster so I kinda know who collects what.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN

Sounds good to me. I would appreciate getting the Reds. I am really looking forward to this.

Members online

Latest posts