Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

"Rare" 90s inserts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Brett Keith said:
[quote="Philip J. Fry":3coery6m][quote="Brett Keith":3coery6m][quote="Philip J. Fry":3coery6m]I completely forgot about the International version of 1997 Bowman's Best Atomic Refractors...

f389_1_sbl.jpg

More preview cards! :)[/quote:3coery6m]

Interesting, did not know that!

I'll throw my hat in for the short lived Fun Packs cards. There was insert in there that would change color based upon the body heat of someone's finger/hand that touched the front of it. I know that's not exactly the best description, but does anyone else remember those?

Edit: Here's an example...
Before:
1994+Fun+Pack+F+S2a.jpg
After:
1994+Fun+Pack+F+S2.jpg[/quote:3coery6m]

There were also Hot Shots. I couldn't find a pic besides on Beckett.com, but it said that secion was down. There were also the Glow Stars, where you had to expose them to light, then they would glow! :)[/quote:3coery6m]

93uggws.jpg

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Do you have all the Jose Canseco's from these sets? I still need most of them for my PC and they never come up for sale.
George_Calfas said:
1996 Select Certified, personally I own a Masters set Mirror Red, Blue, Gold, Certified Blue and red (rarity underrated) and Artist Proofs.
Tinos.jpg

1997 Totally Certified Platinum Gold, serial numbered to 30. I have the #1 PSA registry set and I am missing 11 cards, VHTF. Set grades mostly PSA9 or 10!.
jr1.jpg

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
1st4040 said:
Do you have all the Jose Canseco's from these sets? I still need most of them for my PC and they never come up for sale.
George_Calfas said:
1996 Select Certified, personally I own a Masters set Mirror Red, Blue, Gold, Certified Blue and red (rarity underrated) and Artist Proofs.
Tinos.jpg

1997 Totally Certified Platinum Gold, serial numbered to 30. I have the #1 PSA registry set and I am missing 11 cards, VHTF. Set grades mostly PSA9 or 10!.
jr1.jpg

PM me with the exact ones you need.

EricChavezCollector3

Aug 7, 2008
A couple of my favorites

1999 Upper Deck Forte (One of my favorite sets)
img462.jpg

1999 Bowman Chrome Gold Refractors
1999BCGoldRef.jpg

1997 Bowman Chrome International Refractors
img945.jpg

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
1997 Leaf Limited Counterparts. Not as highly collected as the Crusades from 1998, but the same technology was used to create them.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Philip J. Fry said:
1997 Leaf Limited Counterparts. Not as highly collected as the Crusades from 1998, but the same technology was used to create them.

thomasstar.jpg

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
This insert isn't rare due to production numbers, but it's rare because the set size is huge and not a whole lot of people busted the product

38_1_b.jpg

1998 Donruss Collections Prized Collections (refractors). If you want a challenge, try building a complete set.

EDIT: If you're a player collector or starting a 90's insert collection, this is a good place to start. The Ripken pictured is in an ebay store for only ten bucks, and that's probably on the expensive side

DocGoodenCollector

Aug 11, 2008
Here are few more that were not mentioned.
1992 donruss super diamond kings
ultra platinum medallions
1998 online winners
1999 ud exclusives level 1
1999 ud exclusives level 2
I have never seen the dwight gooden's for any of these sets.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
DocGoodenCollector said:
1998 online winners

Level 2 was 1/1 parallel.

As for the Online Winner, I've never even seen an example of the card.

DocGoodenCollector

Aug 11, 2008
nevermore said:
DocGoodenCollector said:
1998 online winners

Level 2 was 1/1 parallel.

As for the Online Winner, I've never even seen an example of the card.

Well i can scratch off the level 2 then.There were a few online winners pop up on ebay last year.But not the one i was looking for. :(

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
JoshHamilton said:
This insert isn't rare due to production numbers, but it's rare because the set size is huge and not a whole lot of people busted the product

38_1_b.jpg

1998 Donruss Collections Prized Collections (refractors). If you want a challenge, try building a complete set.

EDIT: If you're a player collector or starting a 90's insert collection, this is a good place to start. The Ripken pictured is in an ebay store for only ten bucks, and that's probably on the expensive side

The hardest of the Prize Collections Refs were the Preferred series. They made only 40 sets (not numbered), so the likely hood of finding your player is VERY slim.

I found the biggio this past year and it cost me about $25 at auction. It was the first one I had seen in years.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
JoshHamilton said:

38_1_b.jpg

Nice looking set but can be extremely hard for a player collector: Andruw had to cards in the Prized Collections SP /55
1998DonrussCollectionsPCSetFront.jpg

Here's a pic of the 1999 ud exclusives level 1

There is a guy on eBay who was buying all these up, He even offered me double what I paid after I outbid him on this. I think it cost me in the neighborhood of $50.

1999UpperDeckExclusives100made.jpg

These are a couple of my favorites:
98 is /50 - I would personally love to see the refractor version of this but with only 5 copies I doubt I ever will.
99 is /25
GoldRefractors.jpg

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
EricChavezCollector3 said:
A couple of my favorites

img462.jpg

Thats nice, Personally I think it looks better with the purple :lol:

1999UpperDeckForteRainbow.jpg

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Fandruw25 said:
JoshHamilton said:

38_1_b.jpg

Nice looking set but can be extremely hard for a player collector: Andruw had to cards in the Prized Collections SP /55
1998DonrussCollectionsPCSetFront.jpg

Here's a pic of the 1999 ud exclusives level 1

There is a guy on eBay who was buying all these up, He even offered me double what I paid after I outbid him on this. I think it cost me in the neighborhood of $50.

1999UpperDeckExclusives100made.jpg

dang

EricChavezCollector3

Aug 7, 2008
Fandruw25 said:
A couple of my favorites

img462.jpg

If I had the option of ANY card that Chavez has that I don't already have. The Purple Forte would be the one I would take above any other (Except MAYBE 2003 LCM Mirror Black Auto) but I really do want that purple Chavez.

What did that one cost you? I saw a Juan Gonzalez I believe it was or Mo Vaughn one of the two go for $175 or so

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Fandruw25 said:
A couple of my favorites

img462.jpg

If I had the option of ANY card that Chavez has that I don't already have. The Purple Forte would be the one I would take above any other (Except MAYBE 2003 LCM Mirror Black Auto) but I really do want that purple Chavez.

What did that one cost you? I saw a Juan Gonzalez I believe it was or Mo Vaughn one of the two go for $175 or so

I was able to pick up all 4 for $100. It was only listed on ebay for 2 minutes when I found it and hit the BIN.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
magicpapa said:

Somebody was pimping this set early on these (or the temp) boards. The auction was for a complete set for $200. Since you seem to have the set do you think it is worth $200?

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
darthtampon said:
magicpapa said:

Somebody was pimping this set early on these (or the temp) boards. The auction was for a complete set for $200. Since you seem to have the set do you think it is worth $200?

i dont have a set, picked up a griffey single, he threw in the other 2

as for price, im not sure, i know theres a few members that have looking along time for their guys tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts