Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Razor Oval office #4 235 pm central

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
mredsox89 said:
thats a sick card. I really hope the first two cards get some late action tonight

400 watchers. IF and it's a big if, we get back to 1250 per on these first two i'd be pleased. Above that, I'd be dancing live on ustream.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
justinmandawg said:
mredsox89 said:
thats a sick card. I really hope the first two cards get some late action tonight

400 watchers. IF and it's a big if, we get back to 1250 per on these first two i'd be pleased. Above that, I'd be dancing live on ustream.

1250 would be 50% of what it cost right?

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
welp, its an old guy but if you asked 100 people who John Tyler was how many of them would say...that he
was a president?

I am enjoying these breaks.

Kevin

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
schmidtfan20 said:
welp, its an old guy but if you asked 100 people who John Tyler was how many of them would say...that he
was a president?

Kevin

Ill admit that i didnt know who he was. But all you need is two people who do know who he is and want the card.

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
moxacaine said:
schmidtfan20 said:
was a president?

Kevin

Ill admit that i didnt know who he was. But all you need is two people who do know who he is and want the card.

Yeah, and the people bidding on these cards are generally going to know who they are bidding on.

Warren of Oz

Aug 23, 2008
I dont get it. You guys are loosing tons of cash on these things, why do you keep breaking it? Where's the thrill?

Open some baseball cards!

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Warren of Oz said:
I dont get it. You guys are loosing tons of cash on these things, why do you keep breaking it? Where's the thrill?

The chance at hitting a 10K+ card. And they haven't lost any money yet. There could be a ton of late action on cards like these

Warren of Oz

Aug 23, 2008
mredsox89 said:
Warren of Oz said:

The chance at hitting a 10K+ card. And they haven't lost any money yet. There could be a ton of late action on cards like these

Well I wish you luck but I dont see big bucks coming back on these, and never $10k.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
Warren of Oz said:
mredsox89 said:
[quote="Warren of Oz":3cvwvfro]I dont get it. You guys are loosing tons of cash on these things, why do you keep breaking it? Where's the thrill?

Well I wish you luck but I dont see big bucks coming back on these, and never $10k.[/quote:3cvwvfro]

Washington lincoln won't hit 10k? Washington, lincoln, etc

Stryk

Aug 7, 2008
Why does everyone think that you should make back all your money on each hit? If we get a combined 2400 on the first three, I will be alright with that. I mean if you were guaranteed 2400 on each cut, wouldn't the price per pack double? I would say in my life, I have opened 500+ individual boxes and 450+ would have gotten me back less than half of what I paid for it. Just because its higher dollar people seem to think it should guaranteed a higher resale value compared to other breaks.

twcbjr

Aug 8, 2008
Warren of Oz said:

I don't suppose your up for heads or tails - $20 - then???

highphat

Aug 18, 2008
Hey Justin...did you plan for your ebay seller feedback to be at 1776 for these sales! Pretty amazing!

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Warren of Oz said:

Because its our money.

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008
One nice thing about it is you guys can write your losses off on your income tax. But not till next year.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
bigalbert said:
One nice thing about it is you guys can write your losses off on your income tax. But not till next year.

we're losing the cost of a box of topps. we're all not losing a grand or more per person. hell i've done worse on cases of exquisite fb.

highphat

Aug 18, 2008
mredsox89 said:
highphat said:
Hey Justin...did you plan for your ebay seller feedback to be at 1776 for these sales! Pretty amazing!

No late action, I am really surprised. I believe the same person won both.
I was hoping for some movement as well. I've made less return on box of cards though. And at least we had some better odds at hitting real big. Still no known Abe or Washington pulls! Thats why I am in #7 :)

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Moonlight Graham said:
schmidtfan20 said:
was a president?

Kevin

Anybody that doesn't know who John Tyler is is an idiot.

Nobody knows or nobody cares? In this economy I doubt you are going to find someone with deep pockets
for John Tyler!

Members online

Latest posts