Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Razor Oval office #4 235 pm central

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Warren of Oz said:
Looks to me like you lost $3k on two boxes tonight. Sorry, but that is crazy.

Each spot was 125 and they lost about 75. Not good at all but just the same as buying a high end box and getting a dud. Not really that bad if u think about it per person

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Yea 75 is not bad to lose only when it starts adding up does it start to hurt. I guess the only good thing about buying a dud box is that you lose 75 bucks but you atleast have dud cards to show for it as with the cuts you just lose. I have to say that the breaks have been very exciting and the person running this who deal is doing a very good job. Good luck as I would like to see you guy pull that Abe :) .

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
Warren of Oz said:
Keep breaking them, how many boxes were made?

we got 2 of the bottom 20 cards w/ our first two.

we've got 3 more coming in the next week. I've got access up to another 10 or so after that pretty easily.

A roosevelt / truman was opened the other day. that's a pretty damn good card. If you are saying that Razor is a fraud, which is what you are alluding to, then stop being a ***** and just say it.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Warren of Oz said:
[quote="Warren of Oz":11khrbug]Keep breaking them, how many boxes were made?

Ill bet the big hits dont come out early. Then nobody would buy the rest. Gonna be all duds early, just watch...[/quote:11khrbug]

That would mean razor knows the boxes and then would have to tell the distributors NOT to sell certain boxes. Yeah I cant see any holes or leaks in that fairy tale.

Warren of Oz

Aug 23, 2008
justinmandawg said:
[If you are saying that Razor is a fraud, which is what you are alluding to, then stop being a ***** and just say it.

Youre all class man.

I said you're nuts for busting these, that you're loosing a bunch of cash on each pack you open. I told it straight up, Im not alluding to anything.

btw Roosevelt & Truman are both very common Presidential sigs, no way that goes for over $2k.

Warren of Oz

Aug 23, 2008
nyc3 said:
Warren of Oz said:
[
That would mean razor knows the boxes and then would have to tell the distributors NOT to sell certain boxes. Yeah I cant see any holes or leaks in that fairy tale.

Youre assuming that the distributors have all the product, arent you?

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Warren of Oz said:
nyc3 said:
[quote="Warren of Oz":3kqd00if][

Youre assuming that the distributors have all the product, arent you?[/quote:3kqd00if]

This product sold out back in August. Where would the product be if it is not in the hands of distributors/dealers?

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
Warren of Oz said:
justinmandawg said:
[If you are saying that Razor is a fraud, which is what you are alluding to, then stop being a ***** and just say it.

Youre all class man.

I said you're nuts for busting these, that you're loosing a bunch of cash on each pack you open. I told it straight up, Im not alluding to anything.

btw Roosevelt & Truman are both very common Presidential sigs, no way that goes for over $2k.
Dude, do you really not understand that each person is only losing about $75? I can afford to lose $75 for the chance to see breaks like this and the potential to hit an insane card.
Either way, this bickering is ridiculous. Grow up everyone.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Warren of Oz said:
justinmandawg said:

Youre all class man.

I think we are all enjoying the hunt for the big one and if that's what we like instead of collecting Tall Boy hockey cards (or whatever your hobby pleasure is), then so be it. Why do you have to tell us we are losing cash. It's like telling me I should stop at a red light - friggin obvious. Should we thank you for the wisdom and insight you are providing us? Should we be happy you think we're nuts? It's what we enjoy. A "Hey, good luck guys!" would be much more appreciated than telling 30-50 people who have participated in these breaks that they are nuts. These packs are a new high to the ceiling of high end in the card market and we wanted to be a part of breaking them. I've enjoyed it. Just like I enjoyed the thrill of opening an Exquisite basketball box for $800 and finding out luck wasn't with me and losing $700 of it. I'd much rather take a $75 loss a few times and still enjoy being part of something fun and exciting.

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
An old friend of mine opened 2 03-04 Exquisite BB boxes(at 2008 price, paid around 6K!! total) and got nothing good at all! I think the wood boxes sell for more than his cards.

Warren of Oz

Aug 23, 2008
coltsnsox07 said:
An old friend of mine opened 2 03-04 Exquisite BB boxes(at 2008 price, paid around 6K!! total) and got nothing good at all! I think the wood boxes sell for more than his cards.

Lol, i sold mine for $500 each, and I was relieved to get it!

Weatherwarrior

Aug 7, 2008
NE Georgia
Well I paid $200 for boxes of UD Premier and $200 x2 for boxes of Topps Sterling x2

The Premier

yielded:

Adam dunn Auto
Reggie Jackson Angels patches Blah!
Tom Glavine Met Patches
and those were the big cards for those two boxes

My two Sterling boxes yielded a Yaz Triple G/U Auto Sold $45 dlvd
and a Nolan Ryan 5x g/u that i trade cause frankly it wasn't worth selling!

So what is crazier Taking a shot at the washington/ Abe Dual or spending $240 for and Adam Dunn auto?

I recouped $75 on the contents of those two boxes(Premier) and $45 on the Sterling so I lost a lot more than I lost on a $240 Chance with this break!

That is the difference and I will turn whatever we make off these into paying for my next slot! That is the Difference! if the Regan makes my part of the money back then I am happy! that will go toward the next break!

This is what some fail to realize!

kentuckyderby

Aug 7, 2008
was Chicago now Glendale AZ
I am NOT NOT NOT trying to start any problems here.
I read what Andrew AIC said about all 99 cards being sold out in August

My question is somewhat related to that.

We have seen Razor CS (BG) replace some of our board members' cards with awesome /25 cards. Some thought it was wrong that such awesome cards were sitting at Razor HQ instead of in some box in Topkea Kansas, Hell Michigan, or Montgomery Alabama. Others mentioned that all companies keep a certain % unpacked just in case and that nothing is wrong with not packing all the /25 or /5.

My question is this ---- Are ALL /99 sent out to distributors OR have 3-5 been kept back in case of some damage or other oddball reason why people return product?
Again, I am not trying to start a conttroversy. This is a legit question. I am not sure if a company keeps a certain % back when you are dealing with such unique items.

If someone could cut and paste this or rephrase it in other Razor forum I would appreciate it. (If so, can someone please give the answer over here for those that don't read the posts over at the other Forum?)

Good luck to those who break

I still see a Roosevelt or Johnson sign coming up really soon (maybe box 7?)

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
kentuckyderby said:

We have seen Razor CS (BG) replace some of our board members' cards with awesome /25 cards. Some thought it was wrong that such awesome cards were sitting at Razor HQ instead of in some box in Topkea Kansas, Hell Michigan, or Montgomery Alabama. Others mentioned that all companies keep a certain % unpacked just in case and that nothing is wrong with not packing all the /25 or /5.

My question is this ---- Are ALL /99 sent out to distributors OR have 3-5 been kept back in case of some damage or other oddball reason why people return product?
Again, I am not trying to start a conttroversy. This is a legit question. I am not sure if a company keeps a certain % back when you are dealing with such unique items.

If someone could cut and paste this or rephrase it in other Razor forum I would appreciate it. (If so, can someone please give the answer over here for those that don't read the posts over at the other Forum?)

I believe the checklist shows 100 autos. I believe the boxes were #'d/99. I believe they released 99 autos and perhaps held one back for an NPN or a replacement card or something along those lines. I don't believe the company is sitting on a bunch of autos from this product in the factory. I'd be shocked if they held back more than one card from release.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
That is a practice that at least Topps employs, I am unsure about the other companies.
They were to be double blind packaged by a second party to ensure impartiality.

kentuckyderby said:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts