Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Real Prospectors, Please Stand Up!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Ian Stewart said:
[quote="card-treasury":2ew1ryqw]Who is your sleeper in the 2009 draft?

Sleeper. For future reference.

Sorry folks, but we all (should) know who isn't a sleeper, so before you try it...nice try.

Give it up!

Me: Mychal Givens.

How is Givens a sleeper? Who doesn't know about him at this point?[/quote:2ew1ryqw]

Sorry Treasury but I have to agree with Ian & to be honest, at first I thought you were giving an example of a player "not" to list as a sleeper when I saw you posted M.Givens; right under the statement :"but we all (should) know who isn't a sleeper". Not knocking you for picking Givens as he's going to be a great toolsy prospect, but as far as sleeper's go I don't think he'd register (heck, after reading through this thread there are not many "sleeper's" listed, but many prospect's that I'd love my team to draft in the 1st or 2nd round- that's for sure)! :D

card-treasury

Aug 11, 2008
HoustonTeams4Me said:
Ian Stewart said:
[quote="card-treasury":2wc5jwz7]Who is your sleeper in the 2009 draft?

Sorry folks, but we all (should) know who isn't a sleeper, so before you try it...nice try.

Give it up!

How is Givens a sleeper? Who doesn't know about him at this point?

Sorry Treasury but I have to agree with Ian & to be honest, at first I thought you were giving an example of a player "not" to list as a sleeper when I saw you posted M.Givens; right under the statement :"but we all (should) know who isn't a sleeper". Not knocking you for picking Givens as he's going to be a great toolsy prospect, but as far as sleeper's go I don't think he'd register (heck, after reading through this thread there are not many "sleeper's" listed, but many prospect's that I'd love my team to draft in the 1st or 2nd round- that's for sure)! :D[/quote:2wc5jwz7]

I respect your opinion.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Forgot to name a "sleeper" (though I'm not 100% certain these guy's will be in this year's draft, as I'm not "hip" to all the qualification's jargin for prospect's to be eligible for the draft); but here goes nothin' :D

1) Keyvius Sampson
2) Brooks Pounders
3) Kyrell Hudson
(depending on the definition of "sleeper", even these guy's might not resgister as one...but I know they aren't as known as Givens, Maddox, or Leake so I'll throw em out)! :D

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
card-treasury said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:
[quote="Ian Stewart":2915nq3p][quote="card-treasury":2915nq3p]Who is your sleeper in the 2009 draft?

Give it up!

Sorry Treasury but I have to agree with Ian & to be honest, at first I thought you were giving an example of a player "not" to list as a sleeper when I saw you posted M.Givens; right under the statement :"but we all (should) know who isn't a sleeper". Not knocking you for picking Givens as he's going to be a great toolsy prospect, but as far as sleeper's go I don't think he'd register (heck, after reading through this thread there are not many "sleeper's" listed, but many prospect's that I'd love my team to draft in the 1st or 2nd round- that's for sure)! :D[/quote:2915nq3p]

I respect your opinion.[/quote:2915nq3p]

Thanks bud, as I do your's! Now let's set aside our disagreement & get over here! :grouphug: :lol:

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
theplasticman said:
All I know is that I stand poised to do very very well selling cards in about a month or so. :D
Me too :D

mattpurke.jpg

Pulled last summer

onehrk

Aug 7, 2008
San Diego, CA
ryanhoward06 said:
Just one? Tough to choose.

Nolan Arenado- El Toro HS, Lake Forest, California

I was just reading about him today and really liked what I read/saw.

I have others. :)

Nice, we played against them when I'm guessing he was a sophomore. Interesting.

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
onehrk said:
ryanhoward06 said:
Just one? Tough to choose.

Nolan Arenado- El Toro HS, Lake Forest, California

I was just reading about him today and really liked what I read/saw.

I have others. :)

Nice, we played against them when I'm guessing he was a sophomore. Interesting.

Sweet. There is a writeup on him on MLB.com. I really like his swing and power potential.

Brett- Williams was another one of my sleepers. Pretty good story too.

Here's another guy- Christian Walker, PA. He beat Harper in the homerun competition. He has a lot of power.

Looks like a last riser will be Billy Hamilton, Taylorsville HS, Miss. . Very Toolsy, but has tremendous potential.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Ian Stewart said:
[quote="card-treasury":2lashpr5]Who is your sleeper in the 2009 draft?

Give it up!

How is Givens a sleeper? Who doesn't know about him at this point?[/quote:2lashpr5]

i dont

card-treasury

Aug 11, 2008
HoustonTeams4Me said:
Ian Stewart said:
[quote="card-treasury":30c5og47]Who is your sleeper in the 2009 draft?

Give it up!

Sorry Treasury but I have to agree with Ian & to be honest, at first I thought you were giving an example of a player "not" to list as a sleeper when I saw you posted M.Givens; right under the statement :"but we all (should) know who isn't a sleeper". Not knocking you for picking Givens as he's going to be a great toolsy prospect, but as far as sleeper's go I don't think he'd register (heck, after reading through this thread there are not many "sleeper's" listed, but many prospect's that I'd love my team to draft in the 1st or 2nd round- that's for sure)! :D

I respect your opinion.[/quote:30c5og47]

Thanks bud, as I do your's! Now let's set aside our disagreement & get over here! :grouphug: :lol:[/quote]
That's the best emoticon ever.

For me a sleeper is someone who turns out better than expected.

The scouting consensus on Givens from a professional standpoint, per my conversation with Jim Callis, is that he has too many holes in his swing to be an every-day player in the big leagues. As a pitcher, although he throws gas, his fastball lacks movement and he has nothing much in the form of a secondary pitch. Many scouts tag him as a relief pitcher in the big leagues.

What do I expect out of him? Something similar to what Aaron Hicks did last year in his pro debut...which would stun most scouts that are currently predicting otherwise. So for me, he is a sleeper.

It's a word to be defined by the user, I guess. :grouphug:

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
card-treasury said:
The scouting consensus on Givens from a professional standpoint, per my conversation with Jim Callis, is that he has too many holes in his swing to be an every-day player in the big leagues. As a pitcher, although he throws gas, his fastball lacks movement and he has nothing much in the form of a secondary pitch. Many scouts tag him as a relief pitcher in the big league.

Really? I've heard he has a very promising changeup and a slider with potential. I have heard his fastball is a little too straight, but I've also heard his delivery needs some tweaking, as it lacks deception, allowing the batter to get a good look at the pitch. I think if he lands in a quality organization, especially one that develops pitching well, he could be very good. I read something, I think on PGCrosschecker.com, that his bat has improved this year and some opinions have switched back to him being a SS. He certainly is putting up better stats this year.

Members online

Latest posts