Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Remedy for cards stuck together?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sruchris

Jun 30, 2010
Some cards that are have a glossy coating, such as '93 UD, '01 Topps, '99-'02 TSC, etc... tend to stick to each other over time. I noticed this when opening packs of these products long after they were produced (5, 10, 15-years later) and when storing these cards in a pile or in a box. Has anyone found a way to separate the cards without damaging them? I've tried bending them, carefully prying them apart, freezing them all with no luck.

If you haven't found a remedy, do you have any suggestions? Would steaming them with an iron work?

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
Everything I have tried damages the cards somewhat. The key is to find a technique that damages them the least. I bend the packs before opening them.

sruchris

Jun 30, 2010
Bending the packs (or cards) works when they are slightly stuck together. If the cards are in one big block, bending damages them. I've tried putting them into the freezer overnight, but it didn't help. I even tried the microwave for a few seconds which only made it worse.

Latest posts