Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Report: Mariners’ Jesus Montero on PED clinic list

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Be8el0ve

Aug 7, 2008
New Jersey
montero6s-1-web.jpg

They're dropping like flies...

Y! SPORTS - Report: Mariners’ Jesus Montero on PED list

Another day, another name. The New York Daily News reports that Seattle Mariners catcher Jesus Montero is listed in the records of Biogenesis, the alleged performance-enhancing drug clinic run by Tony Bosch.

The story comes on the heels of Tuesday's Yahoo! Sports report that named Ryan Braun as a client of Bosch and his Miami-area clinic. Also named in the Yahoo! Sports report: New York Yankees catcher Francisco Cervelli and Baltimore Orioles third baseman Danny Valencia. Like Braun, Cervelli and Valencia have denied using PEDs.

In the case of Montero -- a former top prospect for the New York Yankees -- the Daily News didn't report a specific PED listed, which is similar to the Braun news. We haven't heard from Montero yet, but his response may very well be along the lines of Braun's: that he paid Bosch as a consultant.

It's worth noting, however, that Montero is a client of Seth and Sam Levinson. They rep Melky Cabrera, Gio Gonzalez and Nelson Cruz, who were all named in the initial Miami New Times report about Biogenesis. All that circumstance, though, isn't going to get a guy a 50-game suspension.

Scandal aside, Montero, 23, is looking toward an improved 2013 campaign. His rookie year in Seattle was less than dazzling. But he said at the recent Mariners FanFest that he had worked on his speed in the offseason and felt more familiar with the Mariners.

"I feel great. I feel comfortable," Montero said. "Last year, I came here and I was like, 'What's going on? I don't know anything.' Now I know a little bit, I know what's going to happen."

Let's see what he's saying when training camp opens next week.

Last edited:

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Although it seems fairly obvious some players are in trouble, more facts need to come out. When the BALCO news broke out, pretty much every player on the denver bronco's was on their client list but that was because they ran a legitimate supplement business as well. Heard that story on ESPN radio last night, as told by mark schlereth. they were referred there by romanowski.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I think that already happened when he was traded to the Mariners. Unless he hits .300+ with 40+ homeruns, I don't think his stuff will ever reach past levels.

You are correct. I considered his card potential badly wounded. This is the coup de grace, if true. The cards of a known PED user have diminished hobby popularity.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.