Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
rickey939 said:
Hendersonfan said:
rickey939 said:
Hendersonfan said:
Yes I am. Mine is 38/938 (I think) but the seller didn't have the photo. I've just always wanted it to have.

I can hook you up with a copy, but I don't think it's a 8 x 10 if I recall. I'll need to dig it out and keep you posted.

Thank you very much. It may not be 8x10, I always just assumed it was.

Okay, so I found my framed certificate and picture. I didn't realize that they are pretty well encapsulated within the framing and I'm not sure I can get the picture out easily to scan. However, do you want me to take some digital pictures and send them over to you? That way you can copy them off and get something printed (assuming the quality isn't complete crap - I'm no photographer - fair warning!)....let me know your thoughts. Oh, and the picture is a 4 x 6.

Thats fine. Better than nothing.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
RL24 said:
Which one is worth more? That's the real question. The fakes are probably the rarer of the two. :eek: :lol:

I kinda thought you only had to worry about the really valuable ones like Nolan Ryan or Griffey Jr.

Does anybody have a fake Rickey? Seems like a good collectible!

After looking them over I think my AS 391 might not be legit. The stamp is a little thick in some spots and looks gold. The regular issue looks more clean and more of a silvery gold. Does PSA do authentic quick checks or anything?

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Hendersonfan said:
RL24 said:
Which one is worth more? That's the real question. The fakes are probably the rarer of the two. :eek: :lol:

I kinda thought you only had to worry about the really valuable ones like Nolan Ryan or Griffey Jr.

Does anybody have a fake Rickey? Seems like a good collectible!

After looking them over I think my AS 391 might not be legit. The stamp is a little thick in some spots and looks gold. The regular issue looks more clean and more of a silvery gold. Does PSA do authentic quick checks or anything?

If they did, wouldn't it cost more than card is worth? :lol: In fact, if a PSA 8 popped up it would be minty and legit and probably run you less than this authentic quick check! But... I dunno really. I know they do it with autographs, but not sure about something like this...

rickey939

Feb 18, 2012
Kansas City
Hendersonfan said:
rickey939 said:
Hendersonfan said:
rickey939 said:
Hendersonfan said:
Yes I am. Mine is 38/938 (I think) but the seller didn't have the photo. I've just always wanted it to have.

I can hook you up with a copy, but I don't think it's a 8 x 10 if I recall. I'll need to dig it out and keep you posted.

Thank you very much. It may not be 8x10, I always just assumed it was.

Okay, so I found my framed certificate and picture. I didn't realize that they are pretty well encapsulated within the framing and I'm not sure I can get the picture out easily to scan. However, do you want me to take some digital pictures and send them over to you? That way you can copy them off and get something printed (assuming the quality isn't complete crap - I'm no photographer - fair warning!)....let me know your thoughts. Oh, and the picture is a 4 x 6.

Thats fine. Better than nothing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/r ... _COA_2.jpg (Closeup)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/r ... _COA_1.jpg (Full Image)

Sorry - I hope this works....

DavidEich

Dec 23, 2011
Riverside, CA
rickey939 said:
Hendersonfan said:
So I'm curious to find out if my Desert Shield cards are legit. I always thought they were, and read the articles on them. How do I go about finding if they are? The mad rush of them flooding eBay has me worried, although I've had mine for years.

This may help....

http://sportscardinfo.wordpress.com/200 ... eld-cards/

That is helpful its just to bad the writer doesnt know his left from his right. In the 1991 section of my site I have a picture of a real 670 as well as a counterfeit 670. plus a real 391. If you look at all 3 you will see 3 different looking stamps. The fake one is far more yellow than the other two. The 2 real ones were both purchased right after they were issued and before ebay so I believe they are real. The most obvious difference to me is the fake has the best stamp of all 3 of them. If you know Topps at all that makes perfect sense.

ManOfSteal

Oct 7, 2009
Sacramento, CA
It's been pretty quiet around here lately. I just came across the sell sheet for the next Sportkings release, and one of the images caught my eye:

12SportKings1.jpg

There's more info here: http://www.rickeyhendersoncollectibles. ... ies-e.html

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Don't forget about the Mirror Purple prototype . . . . just kidding! It's complete. Nice accomplishment!

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
henderson939 said:
I thought there was a mirror black.

Only in 1997 . . . so we assume, until 1 surfaces from 1996 as an unheard of backdoored card, but they are only supposed to be in 1997. Now, there are a few of the Mirror Gold's without the players name on them. Someone around here has a Jeter.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
clarkfan said:
henderson939 said:
I thought there was a mirror black.

Only in 1997 . . . so we assume, until 1 surfaces from 1996 as an unheard of backdoored card, but they are only supposed to be in 1997. Now, there are a few of the Mirror Gold's without the players name on them. Someone around here has a Jeter.
I have only seen the NNOF errors on Rookie cards. I own 8 or so and once owned the Jeter.

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
rickey939 said:
rickeyfanatic said:
I've been waiting for 17 years to taste the rainbow, and man, it's delicious!

Yep, I felt the same way! And then I had to do it all over again for the '97 edition - fun stuff!
I still need the platinum gold 97 and that will be complete. Anyone got one? :D

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Great stuff! Nice rainbows gentlemen!

Hope you guys are all doing absolutely terrific.

I miss DLP. But it's a good thing, I would be really sad to watch things like a 2012 LCM Mirror Gold #24/25 go cruising past me...

2004 LCM was great, even the non mirror portions...

04LC24s.jpg

Members online

Latest posts