Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
BTW Ken I'm only kidding about the time. You allowed me time to get the money together when you could have sold to someone else sooner. I appreciate that more than you know.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Hi guys! Long time!! Except, of course, for those of you on Facebook. :) Just wanted to drop in and say "Hi!" A lot of big things happening in my life right now... Looks like my last post came a couple months after I moved to Bella Vista, Arkansas. It is really nice here- peaceful and quiet. The jobs have sucked though! I've been through a few temp gigs, and decided if you can't beat 'em join 'em. I was (and still am) doing a terribly crappy job- employee relations. I have to call our miserable employees who work in a chicken plant and a plastics factory and encourage them not to quit their miserable jobs. :D I do get to talk to lots of cool people though, but they sure are miserable. After all, standing in a refrigerator giving yourself carpal tunnel for $7.35 an hour isn't that great of an experience! On the bright side, I'm making much more than that, and I'm pretty much my own boss. The hours suck though- 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM (but I've pretty much NEVER been able to leave at 7 because I'm on a phone call; so it's more like 7:30). Then my lovely daughter is supposed to be in bed at 8:30, and it's a half an hour commute, so I get to spend about an hour a day with her max. The great news though, I accepted a demotion on Friday! w00t! I will be the receptionist at the local office I work out of (I work for the home office, but it's 2 hours away so I work at the location closest to my home). I will be doing 73% less work (most of the job is sitting there watching HGTV and waiting for the phone to ring or somebody to walk in the door) and the best part is I will be working from 7:30-4:30, and I'll really get to leave at 4:30 94% of the time! AND... they are not reducing my wage! Which is pretty awesome, because I'll be making more than the guy who is leaving even though he worked there for a few years, muahahahaa. So I'm pretty excited about that! He just put in his 2 week notice so it will be a couple weeks I suppose, but I'm pumped. I will be able to eat dinner with the family instead of having leftovers every single night of my life. That part really sucked.

Anyway, some other really big news too. Ken and I finally finished up the trade we've been working on for the last, what, 4 years? 5 years? Completely my fault, I'm a terrible trading partner, absolutely the worst. Thank you Ken for your patience and kindness. So I added a crapload of jersey #'s to my collection, my first additions to my collection in literally years. Speaking of new additions, we are expecting our second child! Anybody remember how last time her due date was August 4th, so it messed up the trip to Cooperstown I had been planning for like 15 years? Well, this time the due date is August 3rd. And, we'll be having a boy! So I'm pretty excited about that. I always told myself I absolutely did NOT want a boy, but there was a deep down part of me- likely the self destructive part- that really wanted a boy, apparently, because I am so excited about having one. I am not allowed to name him Rickey, since you are probably all wondering. :D We are stuck with an R name, because we have Ryan, Rebecca, Renée, Roskoh the dog, Rex & Reggie the guinea pigs... so we don't want the peanut (that's the name we have given to the fetus) to feel left out.

Well, I'll quit boring y'all now. I am considering popping in here more often (What, more than once every two years? Really?) OK a lot more often and hanging out with you guys. I miss ya! And I hope that you are all doing fantastically well yourselves.

Ryan

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
About dang time you showed your "face" around here. Thought you fell off the planet. Show pics of the new additions! (Not the peanut, the cards!) The peanut will be in many of your posts, if history holds true. Glad you are back!

rickeyfanatic

Aug 15, 2008
MA
Welcome back Ryan, glad to hear life if starting to settle down and allow you more family time. Thats what it's really all about.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
That hint makes me think I need to donate and start buying Ramen. Regardless, I'm most likely interested and will say yes. Damn you Ken! Stop offering me cards I can't say no to! Don't stop, I'm just kidding.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
I almost bought one. Then a second wss listed, so I waited. Both ended within the hour. BIN. Should have pulled the trigger then. I think one was $25 and one was $30? This was about 8 years ago.

Last edited:

Members online