Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
OK, I've got another one for you... have you ever seen this card actually produced? There are several "Panini National Treasures NT Star Jumbo Materials Signatures Book #23" variations that I know do indeed exist. One with a large yellow jersey, one with a bat, one of each with a "Man of Steal" die cut, but this one was supposed to be a baseball (hence the "BB" in the card title) and it was supposed to be only serial numbered to 5. Anyone ever see one?

14 panini national treasures stars jumbo signatures materials redemption card (5) 2.jpg

rickey939

Feb 18, 2012
Kansas City
OK, I've got another one for you... have you ever seen this card actually produced? There are several "Panini National Treasures NT Star Jumbo Materials Signatures Book #23" variations that I know do indeed exist. One with a large yellow jersey, one with a bat, one of each with a "Man of Steal" die cut, but this one was supposed to be a baseball (hence the "BB" in the card title) and it was supposed to be only serial numbered to 5. Anyone ever see one?

View attachment 339211

Never seen that, just this one…7e883d21f8c3f6604edb27fdaf9ed580.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rickey939

Feb 18, 2012
Kansas City
Happy official ”RICKEY” Eve…the most complete book ever put together on Rickey Henderson written by the amazing Howard Bryant comes out tomorrow. I’m proud to say my collection and experiences with meeting Rickey are a part of it! It’s all still very surreal, but so honored to have been asked to be a small part in this man’s incredible career/story and captured forever…60ce3f93246654c7de7c1fb5d934a0ce.jpg
47803bae445ddc93ac63d67d9bee24a5.jpg
5db3e83c38cdcc58b6df0641ac52b5e8.jpg

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
Happy official ”RICKEY” Eve…the most complete book ever put together on Rickey Henderson written by the amazing Howard Bryant comes out tomorrow. I’m proud to say my collection and experiences with meeting Rickey are a part of it! It’s all still very surreal, but so honored to have been asked to be a small part in this man’s incredible career/story and captured forever…View attachment 339357
View attachment 339358
View attachment 339359

This truly is amazing/special/crazy/awesome. Next level. (BTW, that Ron Washington quote on the back of the book is fantastic :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
OK, another checklist mystery I'm trying to hunt down. 2015 Topps Five Star autograph #FSA-RH. The checklist says there exists the following variations:
  • Topps Five Star Autograph #FSA-RH (no serial number)
  • Topps Five Star Autograph #FSA-RH Emerald (SN5)
  • Topps Five Star Autograph #FSA-RH Five Star (SN1)
  • Topps Five Star Autograph #FSA-RH Gold (SN50)
  • Topps Five Star Autograph #FSA-RH Rainbow (SN25)
(There is also the "Topps Five Star Five Tools Autographs #FTA-RH (SN25)", but that's not what I'm trying to hunt down).

Relative to the list above, I can confirm that they all exist EXCEPT FOR these two:
Anybody got a picture of either of these two variations to prove their existence?

rickey939

Feb 18, 2012
Kansas City
OK, another checklist mystery I'm trying to hunt down. 2015 Topps Five Star autograph #FSA-RH. The checklist says there exists the following variations:
  • Topps Five Star Autograph #FSA-RH Emerald (SN5)
  • Topps Five Star Autograph #FSA-RH Five Star (SN1)
  • Topps Five Star Autograph #FSA-RH Rainbow (SN25)
(There is also the "Topps Five Star Five Tools Autographs #FTA-RH (SN25)", but that's not what I'm trying to hunt down).

Relative to the list above, I can confirm that they all exist EXCEPT FOR these two:
Anybody got a picture of either of these two variations to prove their existence?

Finding any 2015 Five Star Hendersons is difficult at best. Only a few have ever sold at auction. I have never seen the ones you ask above. I would be highly surprised if they exist especially any non-numbered and more /50 would have been seen by now IMO. I was tickled pink to score a /25 from another collector in the last 6 months.

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
Kent, those are awesome as usual. Is that "He's Back" an older advertisement poster, maybe from the 1998 timeframe?
Also, I need some help identifying this set or where it was issued. All it says on the back is "2017 Panini Day", but I have no idea what set this was in. Any ideas?

17 panini the national galactic jersey (25) 6f.jpg17 panini the national galactic jersey (25) 6b.jpg

rickey939

Feb 18, 2012
Kansas City
Thanks Scott! That Sacramento Bee newspaper stand card insert was from 1989 when Rickey came home! It’s super rare, I’ve only seen a few.

2017 Panini Day was an actual set name. I believe it was 100 cards with a few subset inserts like this one that are all #’d /25 and there is a 1/1 variation as well.

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
Thanks for the assurance. After some deeper dives into the Google search results, I finally found it on the Trading Card Database. But... they are missing Rickey in the checklist (?!?!?!!), so I submitted a missing card report to them to get him added. I'm still trying to find out how this set was issued...was it possible that these cards were only issued at the National Convention that year? Was it issued in boxes/packs and sold on shelves like normal product?

rickey939

Feb 18, 2012
Kansas City
Thanks for the assurance. After some deeper dives into the Google search results, I finally found it on the Trading Card Database. But... they are missing Rickey in the checklist (?!?!?!!), so I submitted a missing card report to them to get him added. I'm still trying to find out how this set was issued...was it possible that these cards were only issued at the National Convention that year? Was it issued in boxes/packs and sold on shelves like normal product?

I believe they were handed out to distributors and hobby shops as promotional packs.

Members online

Latest posts