Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
That is awesome. Love it. BTW, I am putting some interesting (low serial numbered) Rickeys up for sale tonight on ebay. Hopefully I get some good prices for them. 🤞

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
WOW! I only have 14, many of which I picked up way back when they were $15-$20 each (yes, I am THAT old!) :) 🧓 One of my collecting crowning achievements was taking one of my most mint Rickey rookies and then building an entire 1980 Topps set around it where all the cards were well centered and had sharp corners. Each card in my hand-collated set would probably grade at an 8 or higher. It wasn't easy (lots of gum stains, printing flaws, etc. in those cards) and it took a while, but a sharp Enos Cabell finished it off!

Here's my mail day today: The pic doesn't do it justice. The Tim Brown and Rod Woodson swatches are sweet prime patches, and I'm fairly certain the Howie Long one is a number patch too. Happy hunting and stay warm out there everyone. Hopefully any Texas friends are surviving that mess.
20 leaf itg enshrined town oakland (4) 4fhave.jpg

rickey939

Feb 18, 2012
Kansas City
WOW! I only have 14, many of which I picked up way back when they were $15-$20 each (yes, I am THAT old!) :) 🧓 One of my collecting crowning achievements was taking one of my most mint Rickey rookies and then building an entire 1980 Topps set around it where all the cards were well centered and had sharp corners. Each card in my hand-collated set would probably grade at an 8 or higher. It wasn't easy (lots of gum stains, printing flaws, etc. in those cards) and it took a while, but a sharp Enos Cabell finished it off!

Here's my mail day today: The pic doesn't do it justice. The Tim Brown and Rod Woodson swatches are sweet prime patches, and I'm fairly certain the Howie Long one is a number patch too. Happy hunting and stay warm out there everyone. Hopefully any Texas friends are surviving that mess.
View attachment 121312

Sweet Leaf card Leffer! And yeah, I have never spent over $40 for any of my 48 Rickey RC’s to date. I will get to 50 eventually but those will be costly comparatively!

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
I have one cut, and one uncut (whole box). I'd probably part ways with the cut-from-the-box version. DM me with an offer. (and start getting some doubles of some good Rickeys so you can trade me for stuff :ROFLMAO:). (OH, and that base is sweet. If you could somehow position the green Mizuno gloves in a way that they are sliding into the base, that would be a wicked cool HOF museum-quality display)

rickey939

Feb 18, 2012
Kansas City
I have one cut, and one uncut (whole box). I'd probably part ways with the cut-from-the-box version. DM me with an offer. (and start getting some doubles of some good Rickeys so you can trade me for stuff :ROFLMAO:). (OH, and that base is sweet. If you could somehow position the green Mizuno gloves in a way that they are sliding into the base, that would be a wicked cool HOF museum-quality display)

DM sent! And I have some amazing ideas for the base and incorporating some Mizuno green! 🧤

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
I found it! All in all, for a card cut from a box, it is in pretty good condition. See the scans. The only noticeable wear is a scuff line down the left side, and in the bottom edge most noticeably the left corner. The cut lines are pretty good too. For some reason I can't upload pics in the DM, so putting it here.
88 fleer baseballs best display box card 2f.jpg
88 fleer baseballs best display box card 2b.jpg

rickey939

Feb 18, 2012
Kansas City
Took a few updated photos of the “Man-cave of Steal” this afternoon, moved some things around to make room for the next additions en route! Excited.
b919da3a340bb8a9ac6aeb1c5c8283ad.jpg

93cb9b879717aa1bb4070cbadad0569c.jpg

a3c7dafc287258023222b484d24d2d17.jpg

7f191084f389fd8a3af80ba1b6bbb165.jpg

41b2cf2d7c9c6c4141169d4c76ff8c70.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
I have something else that would look kind of cool in that room... this is an Oakley sunglasses in-store promo. It is 2 ft x 5 ft, flexible plastic. In addition to Rickey its got Lance Armstrong and Annika Sorenstam. I picked it up from Ken Cohan years ago. (no, its not currently for sale...plus it is buried behind everything in my Rickey closet...it would take days to get it out :) But every time I see photos of your room, I think it would be a cool talking piece.
Oakley Sunglasses Store Promo.jpg

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
I also have this cool 1988 NYC Metro Subway MTA poster -- sorry for the small pic, but it is also buried in the back of my closet behind the Oakley promo.
88 new york city transit auth subway poster.jpg

rickey939

Feb 18, 2012
Kansas City
I have something else that would look kind of cool in that room... this is an Oakley sunglasses in-store promo. It is 2 ft x 5 ft, flexible plastic. In addition to Rickey its got Lance Armstrong and Annika Sorenstam. I picked it up from Ken Cohan years ago. (no, its not currently for sale...plus it is buried behind everything in my Rickey closet...it would take days to get it out :) But every time I see photos of your room, I think it would be a cool talking piece.
View attachment 121412

Good ‘ole Kenderson Cohan! Love that guy. I have the mini Oakley display in my display case, it was a cool Oakley promo in the mail back in the day! Love that stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Latest posts