Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rickey Henderson Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rickey939

Feb 18, 2012
Kansas City
You need to charge your phone. :ROFLMAO: This is a badass card. IMHO, one of the coolest Topps art cards yet.

Yes, Alex Pardee nailed it! Rickey is his favorite player as well growing up so he did it right! Can’t wait for it to arrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
🤯 That card needs to be a "top-shelfer" in the display case!! Those patches are some of the most stunning I've ever seen (and IMHO the Flawless designs are some of the nicest, clean designs of any of the newer card designs). Belated Christmas present to yourself? 😄

rickey939

Feb 18, 2012
Kansas City
That card needs to be a "top-shelfer" in the display case!! Those patches are some of the most stunning I've ever seen (and IMHO the Flawless designs are some of the nicest, clean designs of any of the newer card designs). Belated Christmas present to yourself?

Thanks man! Definitely made the top shelf, was lucky to come across this one! I think it found me vs. vice versa! Ha. And yes, Flawless is very nice stuff. The fact that this image doesn’t show logos doesn’t bother me since the angle is perfect. Made it a no brainer for me to grab it and those patches and colors are quite fun!

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
wooowwwwwwww, that is super cool. You always seem to be raising the bar. Someday you're going to have a life-size museum-quality marble sculpture of Rickey. 👏

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
Serious question that I'll probably never get an answer to:

Rickey only played in 30 games for the Dodgers. Maybe there were a few other games where he suited up but didn't get into the game. So let's say there were 40 total days that he wore a Dodgers jersey. And let's say they actually gave him a different jersey every day (never using laundry). And let's say that somehow ALL 40 jerseys found there way into the hands of Topps and/or Leaf/Panini. Between all of the Dynasty patch cards, 2005 Donruss Prime Patches cards, 2004 Leaf Shirt of The Back jerseys (etc.)... doesn't it seem like there's more Dodgers patches than there were actual Rickey game-worn jerseys? Maybe it is just the cynic in me, but it seems fishy to me.

rickey939

Feb 18, 2012
Kansas City
I live in the mindset of “no relics are really game worn or anything Rickey actually wore” camp, so nothing surprises me. It’s an unfortunate reality and it’s all about producing and buying patches and jerseys (or manufacturing them) to produce cards and profit.

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
Collection Milestone Brag:

I just picked up my 1,000th Rickey item that is serial numbered /30 or less. (more than half of them are serial numbered /20 or less!)

I'll have some other milestones coming up soon. (and one of these days I'll get around to posting some pics of good recent mail-days)

Leffer

May 20, 2010
New Jersey
Awww, some good ones in there. Here's some of my recent fun adds. 2021 Treasure Chest (49), 19 Panini Father's Day Hyper Plaid (5), 19 Panini Leather & Lumber Big Bats (10), 17 Topps Now Mini (print run = 13), and one of the new Leaf Art of Sport cards with Reggie. More coming. :)
21 panini national treasures treasure chest (49) 8a.jpg
19 panini fathers day hyper plaid (5) 1fhave.jpg
19 panini leather & lumber big bats (10) 6fhave.jpg
17 topps now mini series 2 1987 retro AS (13) 1.jpg
21 leaf art of sport retired remnants (30) 1fhave.jpg

Members online