Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RIP eBay bucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Thank you for being a Bucks member, and a valuable part of our eBay community. We’re reaching out to tell you about upcoming changes to the eBay Bucks program.
After careful consideration, we’ve decided to retire the 1% earnings reward on everyday purchases starting April 1st, 2021.
Even though these rewards are ending, you can still enjoy savings and deals on the brands you love. Plus, all the exciting finds you’ve come to expect on eBay: from the rare to the retro to the right now.
Sincerely,
The eBay Bucks Team

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
I haven’t received an additional eBay bucks promotion in a long time- maybe a year? And I used to get them often.

Still surprised to see this go.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Translation: everybody is buying so much **** online, they’re going to buy it whether or not we have ebay bucks. Might as well save that 1%.

Id bet within a year, we see ebay bucks disappear all together. I’ve seen an uptick in coupons targeting specific categories, and as another poster mentioned, zero ebay buck bonus offers in many, many moons.

Aug 14, 2017
This is surprising to me because eBay is starting to face competition from places like Facebook, MySlabs, and Instagram where people more and more are selling and buying outside of Ebay to avoid their ridiculous fees. Now they give people just another reason to avoid them.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
Here, after careful consideration hopefully I've fixed this for them to add a little more context and understanding here for everyone....Randy.

The original email:​

Hello Randy,​
Thank you for being a Bucks member, and a valuable part of our eBay community. We’re reaching out to tell you about upcoming changes to the eBay Bucks program.​
After careful consideration, we’ve decided to retire the 1% earnings reward on everyday purchases starting April 1st, 2021. The good news is, you will continue to receive bonus Bucks offers, so you can keep earning.​
And, beginning April 1st, the Bucks you earn will have a 12-month redemption window, so there’s even more time to score those big savings.​

You can also earn extra rewards through the eBay Mastercard®, earning up to 5x points on eBay purchases.‡ Now through March 11th, 2021, open a new eBay Mastercard, spend $250 in the first 30 days and receive a $50 statement credit.* Click here to learn morelearn more.​
We hope you will continue to enjoy savings and deals on the brands you love. Plus, all the exciting finds you’ve come to expect on eBay: from the rare to the retro to the right now.​

Sincerely,​
The eBay Bucks Team​

The new and improved email:

Hello Randy,​
Thank you for being a Bucks member, and a valuable part of our eBay profits. We’re reaching out to tell you about upcoming changes to the eBay Bucks program that favor us and not you, the bread and butter of our eBay community.​
After careful consideration and understanding that you'll continue to use our site regardless of how much we change it to better support us than you, we’ve decided to retire the 1% table scraps that we reward you with for using our site on everyday purchases starting April 1st, 2021. This means more money for us which improves our bottom line even more. The pay out of multi-million dollar bonuses to corporate leadership will increase dramatically and they will continue to live their lives in ways that you silly little people can only ever dream about. The good news is, you will continue to receive bonus Bucks offers which we will now seldom ever offer, so you can keep earning chump change compared to what we earn.​
And, beginning April 1st, the Bucks you earn in the future, which won't be much, will have a 12-month redemption window, so there’s even more time for you to score those extremely tiny or non-existent savings.​

You can also earn extra rewards through the eBay Mastercard®, earning up to 5x points on eBay purchases.‡ Now through March 11th, 2021, open a new eBay Mastercard, spend $250 in the first 30 days and receive a $50 statement credit.*
We realize that a $50 statement credit is peanuts compared to those of you who will most definitely get behind on our Mastercard and then proceed to be hit with 30% interest rates. Fortunately though for us we'll be able to receive a sizable chunk of those high interest rates. Click here to learn more. Again, we're doing this to continue to increase our bottom line if you little ones didn't understand that the first time, and mainstream it along with our managed payments so we can continue to distance our lifestyles from little eBay buyers and sellers like you.​
We hope you will continue to enjoy the miniscule savings and deals on the brands you love. Plus, all the exciting things we continue to take away from you and a whole lot more for using eBay: So bend over, touch your toes and continue to be part of our Ream right now.​

Sincerely,​
The eBay Bucks Team​

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Exactly what Randy said...take away the "table scraps" just to improve their bottom line and reward their executives. Pathetic...

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
It is hard to knock a freebie program that was not required to be offered to begin with, but anything like that is designed with a dual purpose in mind of making the consumer feel rewarded in some small way for upping their spending amounts, yet benefiting the company much more. We all look at it as "I'm going to spend the money anyway, so why not collect 2%, er I mean 1% in the process. Ebay has been shrinking the benefits slowly for a while (remember it used to be 2% outside of larger, infrequent special offerings).

It's disappointing, but frankly, so many factors are swirling around right now that has me really questioning my dedication to this hobby any longer. This is just one more small reason of many that is pushing me away slowly. My ebay spending is down and I hope that continues.

It was OK while it lasted.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Yep, I got the 5% too today. Almost like a quick bone to settle the swelling anger.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I think they recognized that a constant 1% rebate gets ignored over time and eats into their margins. An occasional 5% rebate drives people to purchase items they are on the fence about.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Members online

Latest posts