Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

RIP Hammerin Hank. What are your thoughts....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy Shields

Aug 20, 2008
OH-IO
It used to bother me quite a bit when I would see people quickly listing items as well as quickly jacking the prices up of someone who just passed away and I would completely stay away from attempting to sell anything myself when that happened. I looked at it as a matter of respect as well as the principle of honoring the person who just died.

However while I still maintain that rule of thought, (and I'm not beating my chest here at all btw), I also understand that there are a lot of honest folks who want to purchase items of someone when they pass away. Nothing wrong with that at all to me, so it kinda works both ways.

Yes some are in it to find something cheap and then flip it, but a lot of people may not have any particular items of whomever it may be who've just died, and they want to grab something before the prices really get jacked up.
And even then if they really want something some are still willing to pay the instant price increases if they want that bad.

And lastly for those of us who do sell on eBay or other places, what do most of us want when we sell?
1st, we'd all like to at least make a profit if that's possible on what we're selling and secondly, we'd like to get as much as we can for that item we have listed.
So while a lot of people won't practice selling to benefit themselves solely on the principal here, I cut people much more slack than I used too if that's their desire to do so for the reasons I've just mentioned.

I'm ok with just sitting back and not "throwing shade" at someone as the kids say today. It's not my place to do so and I never know what position people are in financially so they can go ahead and do what they want to do as far as I'm concerned.

That's just my .02 cents here. 🤷‍♂️

pootshwan

Jan 26, 2010
Connecticut
It used to bother me quite a bit when I would see people quickly listing items as well as quickly jacking the prices up of someone who just passed away and I would completely stay away from attempting to sell anything myself when that happened. I looked at it as a matter of respect as well as the principle of honoring the person who just died.

However while I still maintain that rule of thought, (and I'm not beating my chest here at all btw), I also understand that there are a lot of honest folks who want to purchase items of someone when they pass away. Nothing wrong with that at all to me, so it kinda works both ways.

Yes some are in it to find something cheap and then flip it, but a lot of people may not have any particular items of whomever it may be who've just died, and they want to grab something before the prices really get jacked up.
And even then if they really want something some are still willing to pay the instant price increases if they want that bad.

And lastly for those of us who do sell on eBay or other places, what do most of us want when we sell?
1st, we'd all like to at least make a profit if that's possible on what we're selling and secondly, we'd like to get as much as we can for that item we have listed.
So while a lot of people won't practice selling to benefit themselves solely on the principal here, I cut people much more slack than I used too if that's their desire to do so for the reasons I've just mentioned.

I'm ok with just sitting back and not "throwing shade" at someone as the kids say today. It's not my place to do so and I never know what position people are in financially so they can go ahead and do what they want to do as far as I'm concerned.

That's just my .02 cents here. 🤷‍♂️
Good post. Yea, I don't feel stongly about it one way or another. Just kind of seeing how other collector's out there feel about it.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
i will post a few extra of those players but not at high prices ---most of my collection is lower end anyway .

Members online

Latest posts