Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rockies' Nolan Arenado named MVP of AFL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
glewis22 said:
All The Hype said:
Believe that's a new all time high. I wonder where that puts refractors and whether or not this is the new norm.

They are only going to be trending upward as we get closer to ST and people realize how good of a prospect this kid is. Once MLB and BA start appearing with their lists and other sites talk about Rookies, this Rockie is going to be a popular Auto.

I agree, I'm actually a bit surprised he hasn't seen more of a jump already based on the huge numbers he put up this season and then again in the AFL. He has clearly become one of the game's best prospects. I'm not sure where he'll land on BA's list, but especially with all the talent that graduated to the Majors this past season, he's easily top 15 overall for me and probably top 10.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
I hope he tears up AA, and just gets the Nicasio treatment and skips AAA. No need to screw him over with a humidor-less environment.

He is the talk of the Rockies town; and we are all excited for his call-up. Especially me, to say the least.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Superfractor said:
I hope he tears up AA, and just gets the Nicasio treatment and skips AAA. No need to screw him over with a humidor-less environment.

He is the talk of the Rockies town; and we are all excited for his call-up. Especially me, to say the least.

No offense to your other superfractors...but If I were you I would absolutely have those Arenados in the sig for a long time!

I've heard from more than one person that he'll get a legitimate shot to make the team out of ST, although I think that's pretty unlikely coming straight from A+. More time in the Minors will serve him well, but it will definitely be interesting to see how the situation is handled and how he performs in ST.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
Ha! I will be popping those bad boys back up as we get closer to ST.

I definitely agree that he should stay put in AA, since I'm quite afraid of possibly rushing him up.

What does your stash consist of now?

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Superfractor said:
Ha! I will be popping those bad boys back up as we get closer to ST.

I definitely agree that he should stay put in AA, since I'm quite afraid of possibly rushing him up.

What does your stash consist of now?

Moved the red for a monster profit a couple months back. It may go higher at some point but I did so well on it in such a short amount of time that I don't really care. Now I have a few Ref autos, a blue gem, and an elite Gold auto #/5. I may have a couple base chrome autos too but without looking I can't remember. Most of the rest of that will be pure profit when it's time for it to go, so I already am extremely happy with how I've done and I'll be looking forward to following him again this season.

chompsmcgee

Jan 24, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Someone recently picked up 10 chrome autos for $27.50 each. [ebay:1719ppns]160721017003[/ebay:1719ppns]

I was second BO. Still a great deal for the winner.

glewis22

Jan 8, 2010
chompsmcgee said:
Someone recently picked up 10 chrome autos for $27.50 each. [ebay:1lfdflx8]160721017003[/ebay:1lfdflx8]

I was second BO. Still a great deal for the winner.

Im so ticked off I missed these, I bought 10 for $240 about a week and a half ago from the sale seller.

yrocks2001

Jan 24, 2011
I picked up a 2011 Topps Heritage autograph redemption of his awhile back which must be a super short print as there have maybe only been about 20-30 posted on eBay since the product came out. The last one sold for $82 but I have a good feeling these cards won't be fulfilled as I received the late notification from Topps. I think I'll ride it out though as opposed to taking the $15 bv I'm sure they're putting on the card.

Jenkinssssss

Nov 21, 2011
Arenado was the first guy I started buying into last fall when I got back into collecting after quitting in 1991 when I was 13.

Here's my current stash on hand (also have 2 more orange autos (1 being his number 12 of 25), 2 blue autos, 5 ref autos and 5 base autos at BGS) and 1 more blue 9.5 in the mail. Current investment $1710 :mrgreen:

mattyh311

Feb 22, 2009
Denver, Colorado
Superfractor said:
mattyh311 said:
I wish I started collecting his cards. I met him yesterday and he also a cool guy

Did you go to FanFest? Met him as well; it was a great time.

Yah I went yesterday. There was no one in Arenado's line downstairs and he was very nice to my kids. we hung out with him Chad Bettis and Rob Scahill for a few minutes

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
mattyh311 said:
Superfractor said:
mattyh311 said:
I wish I started collecting his cards. I met him yesterday and he also a cool guy

Yah I went yesterday. There was no one in Arenado's line downstairs and he was very nice to my kids. we hung out with him Chad Bettis and Rob Scahill for a few minutes
Rob Scahill?

I've never heard of him, or seen anything of him. Does he have any cards out? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
hail2thevictors said:
mattyh311 said:
Superfractor said:
mattyh311 said:

Rob Scahill?

I've never heard of him, or seen anything of him. Does he have any cards out? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wanted him to sign a few higher parallels of his Chrome, and he found his Gold-Refractor appealing- so I gave it to him. :p

Hey now, it is very possible he gets an ST bullpen spot. Not bad for an 8th-rounder?

Members online