Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Roger Clemens: "Not Guilty On All 6 Counts"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
As someone mentioned above, the point in prosecuting these guys is to prove a point that just because you are a celebrity, does not make you immune from the law.

It is completely worth the money to prove that point and as a Federal taxpayer, I approve of sending that message.

And just as is typical with a rich cat, he got off. So, exactly what message did we send again?

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
And just as is typical with a rich cat, he got off. So, exactly what message did we send again?

He got off because of a faulty prosecution attempt, not because he's rich.

As I said earlier, prosecutors were lucky they even got to retry the case.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
He got off because of a faulty prosecution attempt, not because he's rich.

As I said earlier, prosecutors were lucky they even got to retry the case.

I agree but I also don't think, had they had a stronger case, it would have been too bad for him either. You or I lie to Congress...we're in deep crap. Some people wouldn't be in that deep of crap.

Frow

If Clemens didn't go to trial there'd be tons of people saying that the law favors only the rich and powerful. It was obvious that there was enough evidence for him to go to trial but perjury is tough to prove.

Doesn't matter that he wasn't found guilty - - in that his trial will have cost him even more HOF votes which alone is sufficient punishment.

As a taxpayer and baseball fan, I'm happy to help pay for the cost of a trial... as I'm sure others are.

I'm not in the slightest happy to pay for the cost of the trial as a taxpayer or a baseball fan. I'm a fan of common sense, if you don't have more evidence than McNamee then either get more or don't take it to court. What good does "proving a point" make? That has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Yea we just proved to the world that we are incompetent and announced that he is innocent. Hell the how are we suppose to be proving a point when half the people can't even figure out what the damn case is about in the first place.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
If you have a lighter complexion and have the best lawyers money can buy - no one is going to be talking about this issue ever again in about a week.

Members online

Latest posts