Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ryan Braun tests positive for PEDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lawhs89

Apr 3, 2011
How can you trust that anyone is NOT on it anymore? It's like Lance Armstrong. How did he win when everybody else was doping.

Y4NK335 said:
Well he tested positive during the playoff run, and MVP votes are submitted before the playoffs, so it wouldn't have swayed the voting.

The argument is that Selig should have given it to
The runner up because he knew Braun had tested positive.

The problem is Selig let him celebrate the MVP even
Though he knew he tested dirty.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Y4NK335 said:
Well he tested positive during the playoff run, and MVP votes are submitted before the playoffs, so it wouldn't have swayed the voting.

but you don't have to give him the reward and you can announce then why your giving it to the guy in 2nd place.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Damn. This is very bad for Braun and his hobby prices even if he in fact did nothing wrong. The stigma alone will linger.

When I first saw this thread, I was assuming/hoping it was the OTHER Ryan Braun.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Hopefully people will let this situation play out further before engaging in rampant speculation and/or applying their views of PEDs to what is known of the situation so far. Hopefully a mistake was made somewhere.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
I think a simple apology nips things in the buds and quiets down the criticism but I'm looking forward on the spin on this news story while others are condemned for their PED sins.

/10

Aug 1, 2011
I generally feel like the truth in these matters is not knowable to the public.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
How about we wait to hear the whole story before we draw conclusions? I know we like to watch successful people burn around here, but let's hold the torches back until it's a done deal...

ljw29

Feb 3, 2010
Not shocked at all welcome to Modern Baseball, where you hope you dont get caught

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
:shock:

MVP disappointment aside, I really hope this works out in Braun's favor. One of the more likable athletes out there - it'd be a shame to see his rep tarnished unfairly. On the other hand, if he knowingly took PEDs, then he needs to be held accountable.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
wow, did not see this one on brauny...

although i do hope that there were some type of error or mistake, man, just having your name pop up like this with PED will do lasting damage going forward for him imo...

dang..

dave

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Then look at it a different way, Braun knew he tested positive and was facing a suspension before he got his MVP and he accepted it.

and then tries to be cute with it:

MLB.com wrote that Braun then showed "a flash of his sense of humor and his well-documented self-confidence" by adding, "I would never do it because if I took steroids, I would hit 60 or 70 home runs."

More then likely the drug he was using was a crappy version of novadex.

pab00a

Dec 6, 2010
19braves77 said:
Why would the MLB give him the MVP if they knew a month before that he tested positive?
The Baseball Writers Association gives out the award not MLB. I don't think MLB could say anything about the test because of the CBA and Braun's right to appeal.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts