Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

********* Saturday Morning Thread ******* 8/31

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
So gentlemen, I stopped by the card shop this afternoon and I decided to buy the case of Upper Deck Basketball All-Time Greats since it had been sitting in the display case for quite awhile..

Official Pants Warning!!!! :eek:

dual.jpg

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Congrats Kevin! That will either go great in your collection or bring a nice sale on eBay. Ether way, its awesome!

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
I find myself making sure Bagwell is in the set of each card I post - partially to see the cool Bagwell cards you'll post, but maybe to see if I will ever stump you. At some point i'm going to run out of different sets to post. Something tells me that our collections have a ton of overlap...

And i have been enjoying it! Dont stress about finding a set with Bags in it. If you post a card i dont have, then consider it a win :) Ive been just loving the game! My favorite part has been when you post a tek, and out of all the patterns that exist, i happen to have the same pattern you posted. Amazing!

the flea market was alright. I picked up some oddball ultra pro pages. Three pocket, four pocket, and two pocket sheets. I need to reorganize my odd sized card binder. Ive got cards sharing pockets and its been bothering me.

i did see those 90 donruss retail packs with three stacks of cards and a different player on top. I did see an Andre Dawson on top. They were asking 3 bucks. Hes there every week, so i think next week i will pay more attention to who is on top and make a list for you guys, since some of you seem to be collecting these retail packs. If they were at a much cheaper price i would have just picked them up in case you guys wanted them, but i didnt feel that they were a "pick up just in case" price.

I also saw a ripken and mcgwire power deck disc cards. The ripken was cracked though, so i didnt bother making an offer. A few shoeboxes of basketball and football, and a big box of mass produced late 80 junk. No bats to speak of. But one guy had ballstreet magazines with henderson, griffey, thomas, and others. Whenever i see stuff like that it makes me wonder if the player collectors here have these items. The sellers im speaking of are regulars, so next week ill take pictures and see if anyone needs me to pick anything up.

Last edited:

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
We decided today to cancel cable, and bought an antenna instead.

Should be a decent deal.

I cancelled cable tv long ago. Kept the internet and live on netflix. And picked up hulu plus for my wwe fix. I do miss mythbusters and baseball tonight. But tv is so dang expensive. They should really just charge by the channel. Espn, discovery, history, and tlc. Done!

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
I cancelled cable tv long ago. Kept the internet and live on netflix. And picked up hulu plus for my wwe fix. I do miss mythbusters and baseball tonight. But tv is so dang expensive. They should really just charge by the channel. Espn, discovery, history, and tlc. Done!

We have netflix, and I'll be getting hulu plus once I move, mainly so I can watch Naruto. I'll miss ESPN and FSN, but I can always watch those at school if there is an important event on or something.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
So gentlemen, I stopped by the card shop this afternoon and I decided to buy the case of Upper Deck Basketball All-Time Greats since it had been sitting in the display case for quite awhile..

Official Pants Warning!!!! :eek:

dual.jpg

Wow, just wow

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
And i have been enjoying it! Dont stress about finding a set with Bags in it. If you post a card i dont have, then consider it a win :) Ive been just loving the game! My favorite part has been when you post a tek, and out of all the patterns that exist, i happen to have the same pattern you posted. Amazing!

the flea market was alright. I picked up some oddball ultra pro pages. Three pocket, four pocket, and two pocket sheets. I need to reorganize my odd sized card binder. Ive got cards sharing pockets and its been bothering me.

i did see those 90 donruss retail packs with three stacks of cards and a different player on top. I did see an Andre Dawson on top. They were asking 3 bucks. Hes there every week, so i think next week i will pay more attention to who is on top and make a list for you guys, since some of you seem to be collecting these retail packs. If they were at a much cheaper price i would have just picked them up in case you guys wanted them, but i didnt feel that they were a "pick up just in case" price.

I also saw a ripken and mcgwire power deck disc cards. The ripken was cracked though, so i didnt bother making an offer. A few shoeboxes of basketball and football, and a big box of mass produced late 80 junk. No bats to speak of. But one guy had ballstreet magazines with henderson, griffey, thomas, and others. Whenever i see stuff like that it makes me wonder if the player collectors here have these items. The sellers im speaking of are regulars, so next week ill take pictures and see if anyone needs me to pick anything up.

Please pick up the Dawson for me. I would be happy to pay the $3 plus shipping and your time. I appreciate the thought! I am going to have to find some flea markets around here and see what I kind find.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Yeah, after seeing his collection table, and hearing of the thousands of doubles, im assuming if its got Dawson on it, he wants it. Even if hes already got one. Or two, or a dozen. :)

cardguy

Aug 24, 2008
OHIO
Anyone watching Georgia vs. Clemson game? Wow...what a game!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Freedom Card Board mobile app

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Had a great time at the game tonight! Brandon Phillips fell a single shy of the cycle, I was really pulling for him. The guy sitting next to us was mid 40s-50s and taking a few hits from a small bong every now and then, but that's Colorado for you right now. I was able to get a couple of sweet things at the Pro Shop though. They had 2012-13 MLB All-Star gear marked down. I grabbed 3 shirts, two for me and one for my girlfriend, a 2013 All-Star Game mini bat, a couple of keychains, and a poster that had ticket stubs from all of the All-Star games for a total of $34! And then towards the end of the game my dad and I got up to walk around to checkout the rest of the park and found the Game Used kiosk. They had some locker nameplates in the display case of visiting teams so of course I asked if they had any Nationals, and sure enough they had a Denard Span one. Talked him down from $75 to $50. My dad realized how much I wanted the nameplate so he offered to pay for half of it, and then he owed me $10 so I ended up paying $15 out of my pocket for the nameplate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online