Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*****************Saturday Morning Thread *********

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
Andrew, sounds like a good day! Now get over here and cook for me!

Sitting here watching the Turn of the Screw.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Good evening all!
Just got back from running some errands.
My wife bought a pair of shoes for the wedding and I picked up "11/22/63" by Stephen King for the plane ride.
We ate at Panera Bread for dinner. Once again, full as a tick.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Dave (w)- Every time I see your screen name, I am always glad you included "Mets" in there. It would have been TMI if it were just "69Fan". :lol:
I have that on my official redneck t shirt. The one I wear to the yard sales in the trailer parks so I can get a better deal on my velvet Elvis paintings.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I have that on my official redneck t shirt. The one I wear to the yard sales in the trailer parks so I can get a better deal on my velvet Elvis paintings.

That. Is. Awesome. Please tell me you have the mullet wig to go with it.

Funny story. Every year at Pensacola Beach, they have mullet tossing competitions. Crystal always thought they must be tossing wigs or something. She never understood the concept. I had to tell her they were tossing fish.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
That. Is. Awesome. Please tell me you have the mullet wig to go with it.

Funny story. Every year at Pensacola Beach, they have mullet tossing competitions. Crystal always thought they must be tossing wigs or something. She never understood the concept. I had to tell her they were tossing fish.

I go that one better. I have a rebel flag doo rag that has long blonde Hulk Hogan hair. That, my t shirt, cut off jean shorts and flip flops that are 4 sizes too small so my toes hang over in the dirt complete the look.

No biggie on the W/B slip up. You got the Dave part right.;)

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I have a question for my MT brethren. I have an opportunity to pick up some incredible stuff for my personal collection. Problem is, I do not have the money to do so. There is 1 specific card I have been dying to have in my collection since I saw it.

Here's the question. Should I sell my book signed by Mantle, Mays, Aaron, Musial, Branca, and Thomson? If I sell it, I should be able to pick up that card and maybe more. I'm torn. I love the book, but I want the card too. :lol:

Sjrmn91

Apr 29, 2009
Minnesota
Good evening all!
My wife bought a pair of shoes for the wedding and I picked up "11/22/63" by Stephen King for the plane ride.

GREAT BOOK!

I absolutely love Stephen King. I just finished Salem's Lot last week.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Good evening all!

You won't be disappointed in 11/22/63, Dave. Has tied for my favorite Stephen King book. Just a wonderful book.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
I have a question for my MT brethren. I have an opportunity to pick up some incredible stuff for my personal collection. Problem is, I do not have the money to do so. There is 1 specific card I have been dying to have in my collection since I saw it.

Here's the question. Should I sell my book signed by Mantle, Mays, Aaron, Musial, Branca, and Thomson? If I sell it, I should be able to pick up that card and maybe more. I'm torn. I love the book, but I want the card too. :lol:

Depends 100% on what the card is. I would think very hard before selling that book, though...

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida

This is definitely more than a coin flip decision. I guess, bottom line, which fits in your collection more? Do you have a few shelves worth of signed books and this one is the corner stone or would you have a larger appreciation for the card(s) if you were to get them? Best of luck on what ever you decide!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.