Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

-----Saturday Morning Thread-----

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
I really wanted a Frank/Griffey auto card. They were my favorite 2 players. Then 07 Exquisite came out late year with the dual auto, so the triple became expendable. I wanted to hold it until at least Bags got in, but I'd gladly trade for the logo

(Dave, remember owning this card for what? 10 seconds?)

heres the logo
th_thomas1.jpg

Someone is talking deal in the thread :( Ah well...I had to think about it today

He wants to talk first, no demands.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Alright...so here are the results of the show. The following is a HUGE THANKS to Kevin...I am still speechless and in awe :shock: First of all it was a beautiful day...sunny skies and just about t shirt temps. It was a fun time walking around the show and chit chatting with all the dealers and non price budgers :lol: In a nutshell Kev...you are more than a great guy. Thanks for the friendship as well and all the mushy stuff :oops: :cool:

In order of "coolness"...

2005 Bowman Chrome Felix hernandez Xfractor161/225 and 2004 Donruss Timelines Darryl Strawberry auto
nbv1.jpgnbv5.jpg

2008 UD Masterpieces Felix Hernandez black border auto and 2008 Razor Monte Irvin 28/36 :shock:
nbv6.jpg
nbv2.jpg

Also included was a book in the shape and feel of a large baseball called "Memorable Moments In Baseball" that I will have to take pics of. TONS of great information and amazing photos of the past and present :D

Only thing I picked up at the show was from my favorite dealer...gave me a great deal and took a little trade in to keep the price under $50 :cool:

2007 Ultimate Felix Hernandez/Nolan Ryan dual auto 5/34 :mrgreen: I'll add its brother next to the scan to bring it out to its fullest greatness :lol:
nbv7.jpg
FelixHernandezAuto2xHernandezRyan.jpg

Oh yeah...and I "almost" forgot...

Kevin offered this amazing card for my HOF PC which makes it easy on the wallet...I still don't know what to say Pin :oops:

2004 Donruss Elite Back 2 Back Jacks Lou Gehrig/Ty Cobb dual bat 16/50 :shock:
nbv3.jpg
nbv4.jpg

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
WOW - CONGRATS TO ALEX AND HATS OFF TO KEVIN!!!!

:grouphug:

I'll say it again. When it comes to generosity on this board, Kevin belongs among the top names mentioned. :D

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Pine Tar said:
so these are size 33 and I currently where a 36
I think I buy this so I have something to shoot for, on my weight lose trail.
1255306049956_014.JPG

Wow. Talk about a difference from the idea you had a few days ago...

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Richard...don't be a Dick ;) :lol: You know wearing shorts like that will take about 40 years off right??

Jesse - Thanks :D I'm loving the dual Felix/Ryan autos...I need to see how many dual autos they are paired with together and go for that little set. That Griffey triple is AMAZING :shock:

Dan - :mrgreen: I easily second the name at the top of the list...you know you are up there yourself to say the least :cool:

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
I think you might want to just leave the other outfit to the model it was on... :)

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
metallicalex777 said:
Jesse - Thanks :D I'm loving the dual Felix/Ryan autos...I need to see how many dual autos they are paired with together and go for that little set. That Griffey triple is AMAZING :shock:
Thanks, but you know it's a Frank triple, right?

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
thefatguy said:
metallicalex777 said:
Thanks, but you know it's a Frank triple, right?

Oh goody, an argument on semantics :D

...not to be confused with SEMantics, which only pertains to George

Members online

Latest posts