Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

set builders. lets see your best insert set

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
ok i did the main set so lets see your favorite insert set. Not most expensive but the most fun doing.. This would be mine:
2001 upper deck decades bat set
A-B-WEB SITE.JPG
C-F-WEB SITE.JPG
G-J-WEB SITE.JPG
J-R-WEB SITE.JPG
R-T-WEB SITE.JPG
T-W-WEB SITE.JPG

Attachments

• A-B-WEB SITE.JPG
    A-B-WEB SITE.JPG
    193.3 KB · Views: 6
  • J-R.JPG
    J-R.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 6

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I used to do a lot of insert sets in the 90s, but it got harder and harder to complete random sets, especially since the coolest looking ones were usually the harder odds to pull. Not as fun, I don't have anything scanned or easily accessible to scan, but one of my favorites was the 1993 Fleer master set. I was getting all of them (AS, Team Leaders, Pro Visions, Glavine set, etc) and actually don't think I ever finished it. Those provisions were hard to find at one time. I'd have to dig it out. There were no hard cards, so if I didn't finish, maybe it is time to do it.

Probably my favorite set though is the basketball 1994 Flair Hot Numbers & Playmakers. They were the lenticular design with the hot numbers being much more stacked than playmakers. Shaq, Jordan, Rodman, Malone, etc.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
I used to do a lot of insert sets in the 90s, but it got harder and harder to complete random sets, especially since the coolest looking ones were usually the harder odds to pull. Not as fun, I don't have anything scanned or easily accessible to scan, but one of my favorites was the 1993 Fleer master set. I was getting all of them (AS, Team Leaders, Pro Visions, Glavine set, etc) and actually don't think I ever finished it. Those provisions were hard to find at one time. I'd have to dig it out. There were no hard cards, so if I didn't finish, maybe it is time to do it.

Probably my favorite set though is the basketball 1994 Flair Hot Numbers & Playmakers. They were the lenticular design with the hot numbers being much more stacked than playmakers. Shaq, Jordan, Rodman, Malone, etc.
back in the early or even to the late 90's there was no e-bay or internet (atleast for me) I had to do shows to get my cards

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Tough choice. There are lots of awesome sets out there. As far as what I have completed right now? 1995 Zenith Z-Team probably. I do love a lot of those early 90s Fleer and Ultra sets too though...hmmm. 1991 and 1992 Donruss Diamond Kings would be way up there as well.

Set 1-9.jpg Set 10-18.jpg

Once I finish my 1998 Donruss Significant Signatures Master set though it'll be that one without a doubt.
Yogi Berra.jpg Nolan Ryan Refractor.jpg Ozzie Smith Photo Variation Replacment Copy.jpg

Members online

Latest posts