Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Shipping high-end item on eBay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
So I recently sold an item on eBay for much more than I have sold a card before, I just need help on making sure I am shipping it the best and safest way. From looking around it looks like on items $250+ in order to be protected you have to get both insurance and signature confirmation, is this correct? The cards I sold are not above the $250 mark, but close to it. I will likely get both insurance and signature confirmation which looks like it will cost me around $10, but just wanted to see what other sellers do in this situation. Thanks for any help!

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
If it is over $250 you must have Sig Con to be protected through Paypal. Get the insurance for your own piece of mind, if you use Paypal shipping make sure you change the insurance to USPS insurance from the standard Ship Cover. It is cheaper.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
If it is over $250 you must have Sig Con to be protected through Paypal. Get the insurance for your own piece of mind, if you use Paypal shipping make sure you change the insurance to USPS insurance from the standard Ship Cover. It is cheaper.

Actually, whether one is cheaper than the other depends on how much the insurance is for. I usually select both to compare prices before deciding, but if it's really close I usually use Ship Cover because filing a claim with them is less hassle than with the post office. Rounding down sometimes also helps. For instance, if you want to insure an item that sells for $107, I would insure it for $100, because it will cost another $1-2 just to insure it for the last $7.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
Actually, whether one is cheaper than the other depends on how much the insurance is for. I usually select both to compare prices before deciding, but if it's really close I usually use Ship Cover because filing a claim with them is less hassle than with the post office. Rounding down sometimes also helps. For instance, if you want to insure an item that sells for $107, I would insure it for $100, because it will cost another $1-2 just to insure it for the last $7.

I do all these things except use Ship Cover. The wording in their "terms" scares me.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Looks like I ended up doing the right thing then. Item was over $200 but when I changed the insurance to an even $200 instead of the actual price it took the cost down about $2. Thanks for the help!

Members online

Latest posts