Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Should I sit on this unopened product or open now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
I have some blasters and mega boxes of 2021 Topps Heritage, 3 hanger boxes of 2021 Topps Series 1, 8 unopened 2021 Donruss value packs and 5 2021 Donruss blasters. I don't really need the money right now so I've been holding but do you see that unopened product appreciating a lot in the future or would you just open now?

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I don't see Retail stuff appreciating as much as the Hobby and I don't see any "Must have" Rookies coming out of 2020 now.

But you could "flip" it for sale now and make a pretty penny. At least until the monster prices die off...

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
That stuff will never be worth much more than you paid for it. Plus, the default answer when you ask this question on the internet is to rip so you can show us what you pulled.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
These are the exact products that a bunch of people who have only been in the hobby for a year or two (or less) bought trying to make a quick buck, and I suspect there is a LOT of it out there unopened. You probably already missed your best window to sell, which was right away when nobody could find it because certain people (ahem) gobbled it all up at Target/Wal Mart/etc. I would only see these increasing again if a RC becomes super hot.

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
These are the exact products that a bunch of people who have only been in the hobby for a year or two (or less) bought trying to make a quick buck, and I suspect there is a LOT of it out there unopened. You probably already missed your best window to sell, which was right away when nobody could find it because certain people (ahem) gobbled it all up at Target/Wal Mart/etc. I would only see these increasing again if a RC becomes super hot.
Exactly my thought. Thanks for responding so I don't have the figure out what to type!

Benbabs

Oct 29, 2020
Open All the heritage and s1. Open a couple of the donruss and stash the rest. Really enjoyed the couple donruss baseball packs I was able to get my hands on. Good luck with the rip.

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
I just bought a blaster of Heritage on EBAY including shipping for $24 and made me wonder why the seller even bought it in the first place. I can't imagine him making any profit on this. So yeah, rip away and I'm hoping that was your original intent. I don't even know who the main rookies from 2020 and 2021 are. I think it was Luis Robert but then he got hurt.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
After getting burned with some 90s stuff a few times (cards turned into bricks and all stuck to each other), as well as older stuff with gum (sugar seepage/staining and sticking together, I am not inclined to leave anything sealed, unless it is better sealed forever. That would be things like those Pinnacle cans, superstar players on top of cellos/racks, etc. If the goal is to make a profit, sell it before too much time passes where something could go wrong with it physically.

Then, there is the whole point of card packs...to OPEN them and enjoy the chase! I understand the appeal to sealed stuff, but it is sad anyway to think that the stuff may never be opened, strictly due to value.

Members online

Latest posts