Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Should the one game "playoff" be changed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Look at all the comments from fans swallowing bitter pills..

How many said **** the last few years and now that your team got screwed you want to change it..

I hear the WAAAAAAMBULANCE coming.. :cool:

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Look at all the comments from fans swallowing bitter pills..

How many said **** the last few years and now that your team got screwed you want to change it..

I hear the WAAAAAAMBULANCE coming.. :cool:

Except one person in the thread that's a Yankees fan, who else is complaining that is a Pirates or Yankees fan? I don't see any if that going on.

I don't mind the one game playoff however I would have it as the bottom 2 records regardless of if you win the division. So this year the AL would have stated the same but NL would have been LA vs NY.

Ryan

guzman4cy

Aug 18, 2009
I think rather than add a division, they should go backwards and subtract a division. This way schedules would be more balanced for the regular season. The Dodgers, who won the NL West, finished 22 games over .500, but were +16 vs their own division. Cumulatively, the NL West finished below .500 when facing teams from the NL East/Central. 2 divisions, 2 division winners get home field, next best 2 records get the wild card spots and play on the road. Eliminate the 1 game playoff but keeps the allure of having 2 wild card spots to keep it entertaining in September.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Except one person in the thread that's a Yankees fan, who else is complaining that is a Pirates or Yankees fan? I don't see any if that going on.

I don't mind the one game playoff however I would have it as the bottom 2 records regardless of if you win the division. So this year the AL would have stated the same but NL would have been LA vs NY.

Ryan

I've rethought that. I'd keep as is with the wild cards but 3 game playoff.

Ryan

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
The one game "playoff" shouldn't be referred to as a playoff but rather a play in. If they want to continue calling it a playoff then change to 3 game series. I don't like that potential imbalance that a one game play in creates from a matchup perspective. It becomes all about the matchup and not about the success or failure as a team. Since no team owner wants to give up the regular season games, then I'd suggest cutting a day out of the all-star break or trimming down on spring training by a game or two so that the MLB playoffs don't go too late.

Super Mario

Mar 1, 2009
Mushroom Kingdom
The one game play-in shouldn't even exist.

I hate it.

I hate that the losing team is still considered a playoff team.

It's a terrible concept.

Stop ****ing with Major League Baseball.

The game doesn't need a time clock, it doesn't need challenges, it doesn't need extra playoff games.

Members online

Latest posts