Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Show a tough card another player collector would covet, as they share space with your player.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
What I mean by this is a multiplayer card that has 1 or more players on it. Presumably you have it because it checks a box in your player collection, but who are you potentially holding hostage, so to speak?

I will have to do some digging, but to get things started, I'll share a base card that is holding me hostage from getting my Ken McMullen RC! s-l500.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
02fleerfallrivalbakerruth.jpg 07triplecomboich.jpg

05refdualsigredjeter.jpg 05refdualsigblueripken.jpg

04sweetthread4.jpg
This one isn't a big card or anything but it's got a funny story. When I won it on eBay a couple years ago the seller was nice and sent me a message asking what player I bought it for so he could toss in some freebies. I said Mark Mulder, and his response was basically, "Well, I wasn't prepared for that answer but I'll find something." haha

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
Obviously the Roger Clemens in spot #1 on this 92 uncut sheet is the most important lol, but some crazy Jeter collectors might care more about the Jeter RC peeking out in the bottom row.

Attachments

• 20221123_060353.jpg
    20221123_060353.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 38

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Great replies all, exactly what I was talking about. I have a few Garvey themed cards like this, thinking a Gil Hodges Auto is one of the best from my collection. Of course, I am equally enthused about the Gil, so maybe it's not the best example.

EtherealSOC

Dec 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
dave s.png
Dave Stenhouse played for a local adult baseball league in my small town in the 1950s, then went on to be the first rookie to start an All-Star Game. I volunteer for the team and I interviewed him for our program two years ago. I'd love to get his rookie but he shares it with Jim Bouton making a decent copy worth more than a common card.

In the same note, I pity anyone who collect Jerry Koosman.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
View attachment 343844
Dave Stenhouse played for a local adult baseball league in my small town in the 1950s, then went on to be the first rookie to start an All-Star Game. I volunteer for the team and I interviewed him for our program two years ago. I'd love to get his rookie but he shares it with Jim Bouton making a decent copy worth more than a common card.

In the same note, I pity anyone who collect Jerry Koosman.
Bo Belinsky has a part in that, as does the fact that those Rookie Parades are all hi numbers, some are Sps too I believe. Any other year and it's probably no problem, as Bouton was certainly not a high dollar guy himself otherwise.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
Not sure who the Kazmir/Young/Upton/Crawford/Huff collectors of the world are, but this one is tough---six players, on a card numbered to 10.

f-6758.jpgb-6758.jpg

And then this 1/1 includes Jorge Cantu, whom @r2d2 collects:

f-7033.jpg

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Multi-player cards are one of the soft lines I've drawn around my Sizemore collection, but I always wanted one because I love the 2010 Exquisite set. Despite being numbered to 25, there are probably only 2 or 3 copies out there, as the patch cards were not supposed to be released in 2010 Upper Deck base brand but a couple copies of each did get out. Hopefully I will be able to snag a copy someday.
2010-Exq-Triple-Patch.jpg

Twelve years later, it shows 3 guys who had much different roads to and through the Majors and life in general, before, during, and after ball.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
That Jeter/Greene is just shameful. Greene probably doesn't even collect his own cards, so you got Jeter collectors buying those up for sure. In a rare instance where a Greene collector (do they exist?) has one, congrats to ya!

Members online

Latest posts