Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Show Off Your Display Setup! Here's Mine ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
Over the past couple of years, I found that I enjoy displaying pieces of my collection in my office nearly as much as the pieces themselves! For the first time, I thought I'd show you my office in 360. This was inspired by the 11/07/21 podcast episode I just did last night at www.tanmanbaseballfan.com/podcast

If you love baseball cards, transformers, comics, and voltron, I think you'll click with me ... otherwise, you will probably think I'm weird :)

This wall shows my game used / autographed bat of Canseco who hit home run #12 in 1997 with it. On top of this bat is the custom player worn & signed letter set that I created, using a jersey from each team he played on. Above this are 9 framed pieces, most of which are taken from when I was on the cover of Beckett Magazine with Jose back in Aug. 2015. (I think it was Aug?)

cribs1.jpg

Here are the vast majority of my favorite Canseco cards. It is filled with many of my absolute favorites that have ever been created of him! These simply couldn't be placed in a box. I'm happy they are out to breathe, and I love looking at them everyday! Above the shelf are some Gigapower Chrome Dinobots, and beneath are the #1 issues of X-Men, Fantastic Four, and The Avengers!

cribs3.jpg

Perhaps my favorite view is this: I love the vintage corner, and frequently look at them.

cribs2.jpg

Here is a more chaotic ... errr ... zoomed out view of this corner. This will no doubt drive some people crazy, but for me, I LOVE it! It's my own personal museum of my weird tastes :)

cribs4.jpg

Here is a video of my office - pardon the dust & mess ... it is definitely lived in!

Please do feel free to show your display setups as well - I LOVE seeing what others do - it inspires me, as well as others.

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
Might have shared already here, but why not?

Here's the "Main House" first, then the "recent addition" on the adjacent wall for my Clemens PC.

Then I have the "vacation cottage" bartop in the gameroom which is an eclectic mix of funny cards, nostalgic (often "worthless" cards of my childhood, damn you Kevin Maas and Mike Greenwell!!!!!!!!!!), and cards of players i think were important like 56 Mantle, 56 Williams, 61 Yaz, Bob Gibson RC reissue auto, Nolan Ryan punching Robin Ventura, 89 UD griffey jr, 68 Seaver, 73 OPC Willie Mays, Big Papi Auto, All Red Sox pitchers who threw the final out in the 04/07/13/18 WS wins, "Peanuts" Lowery, "Spook" Jacobs, Rusty Kuntz, Dick Pole, etc etc .

To me, I need to be able to see my cards for enjoyment so the display is the most important part of collecting, even though I still have to keep 3 huge binders which I try and scan thorugh regularly. Lucky to have an awesome supportive wife who likes them too. :)

Attachments

• 20210712_211331.jpg
    20210712_211331.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 20211109_092447.jpg
    20211109_092447.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 20211026_131709.jpg
    20211026_131709.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 39

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
Forgive the crappy iPhone pics, here's what I have on display in the card room/office/man cave.

display11092021-2.jpgdisplay11092021-5.jpg
Trent Dilfer Fresno State GU jersey, Todd Van Poppel GU A's jersey, GU bats of Miguel Tejada, Terry Steinbach, Xavier Nady, Tom Goodwin, Alex Cole, and a Nady GU batting glove.

display11092021-1.jpg
On my Dilfer shelf I've got some favorites such as 1997 Green Precious Metal Gems, 1997 Totally Certified Gold, 1999 Leaf Gridiron Gear NFL Shield 1/1, 1998 Brilliants 24K Gold 01/24, and an SP triple jersey Dilfer/Ray Lewis/Jamal Lewis from the Super Bowl winning team. Then for baseball there's PSA8 copies of a McGwire Topps Tiffany RC and Griffey UD RC, 2011 Topps Diamond 1/1 Brett Anderson, 2011 Bowman Chrome Superfractor Trevor Cahill, 2002 Bowman Chrome Draft Gold Refractor Nick Swisher RC, and 1999 Bowman Chrome Gold Refractor Mark Mulder RC BGS9.

display11092021-4.jpg
1997 Flair Showcase Masterpiece Scott Brosius, one of those Own the Game GU Letter cards for Josh Donaldson, Triple Threads Zito/Mulder/Hudson GU, Ty Cobb UD HOF bat card/15, Matt Olson Bowman Scout's Breakouts Superfractor, and my PSA10 Red Crusade Ben Grieve.

display11092021-3.jpg
Kind of impossible to see but there's bobble-heads, Dilfer painting used in a Topps Gallery set, a Tejada Playoff signed glass plaque, and a bunch of cards: Dan Haren and Barry Zito Superfractors, Babe Ruth/Home Run Baker dual bat card, McGwire 1993 Finest Refractor, Rickey and Reggie RCs, '35 Goudey Foxx, '33 Goudey Grove, T205 Home Run Baker, and T206's of Chief Bender and Eddie Collins.

display11092021-6.jpg
Of course there's some mess in there as well, although the cards are actually very well organized within the boxes. Lots of junk blocking the way as I've got Christmas presents and vacation preparations sitting around.

display11092021-7.jpg
I collected video games a lot 5-15 years ago but put a pause on that when prices jumped quite a bit 5+ years ago. I don't want to sell them but I have no interest in paying the going rate for the games I'd like to pick up.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
@Dilferules I'm the same way. I have a ton of Nes, Snes and other games but prices got crazy so I almost completely stopped. I sold off my resident evil gamecube run and a couple others earlier this year because the money was too much to pass up for something I bought for like 5 or 10 a game. Still have everything else though and I still buy switch stuff.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
@Dilferules I'm the same way. I have a ton of Nes, Snes and other games but prices got crazy so I almost completely stopped. I sold off my resident evil gamecube run and a couple others earlier this year because the money was too much to pass up for something I bought for like 5 or 10 a game. Still have everything else though and I still buy switch stuff.

Yeah I need to get around to selling some of the stuff I don't really care about. I'm just so lazy and hate dealing with buyers. I have a complete Pokemon N64 system with the box that goes for like a thousand bucks, and I don't even like Pokemon, but every time I think about selling it I'm like ugh I'd have to take pictures and list it and ship it and ugh what if the buyer is an a-hole. I'll get around to it one of these days.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Yeah I need to get around to selling some of the stuff I don't really care about. I'm just so lazy and hate dealing with buyers. I have a complete Pokemon N64 system with the box that goes for like a thousand bucks, and I don't even like Pokemon, but every time I think about selling it I'm like ugh I'd have to take pictures and list it and ship it and ugh what if the buyer is an a-hole. I'll get around to it one of these days.
Yeah I took the easy way out and did a deal with Double Jump Video Games. I have been a fan of their YouTube vlogs and had bought stuff off their site. It cost me a bit of profit but like I said I didn't have much into them.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
So what you're telling me is I should go ahead and list the original NES and SNES games + consoles that I have? I've also got a couple years' worth of those Nintendo Power magazines (early issues) from a subscription I had as a kid. I'm the same way, though...listing seems like such a hassle for only a few bucks. (Now a thousand might be a different story)

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
So what you're telling me is I should go ahead and list the original NES and SNES games + consoles that I have? I've also got a couple years' worth of those Nintendo Power magazines (early issues) from a subscription I had as a kid. I'm the same way, though...listing seems like such a hassle for only a few bucks. (Now a thousand might be a different story)
Early nintendo power issues can be solid value. They would be better if they have the poster still inside. Issue 1 is by far the most valuable. Snes and Nes games are very hit or miss. A lot of them are still pretty cheap(under $10 but they used to be a buck or 2). Rarer games can be insane. $100s or even into the $1000s depending on the game.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Some of the early games had a version 1 and then a version 2.. Some version 2's never caught on, so they are rarer and worth more $$$ :cool:

bubble.JPG
bubble-2.JPG

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
300 plus 3200 counts by teams --many in alpha order . 10 /3200 's just of cards of players i met at local minor league team

Attachments

• 15179195_10154752410611913_5663763036706310996_n.jpg
    15179195_10154752410611913_5663763036706310996_n.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 13

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I dont want to show the rest of the room as it is now. Big plans, no time. Got started on a new display case/area, but after having 2 kids, I have no time to work on it. I'll post the pictures of what it was like before just for an idea.

The 3 current pictures are the wall with the bats and baseballs, Major League movie poster, and the one I'm currently working on with all of my signed CDs. Have some vinyl LPs that need displayed too, but no room.

All of the bats are game used. Top to bottom-
Kent Hrbek
Denard Span
Joe Mauer
Brian Dozier
Michael Cuddyer

All of the baseballs are signed, except for the ones in the cases with Mauer and Dozier. The Mauer is a game used ball he hit for a single, and the Dozier ball is the very first pitch of the game, which was a ball in the dirt to Dozier, from Doziers first career multi HR game. The ball in the case with the Span bat is a double hit by Span during the 2010, inaugural season of Target Field, signed under the Target Field logo. The rest of the signed baseballs are all Twins player, managers, broadcasters.

The signed CDs going top down, left to right, still have more to frame and hang up-
Tom Morello
Steve Perry
Royal Blood
Slash
Roger Daltrey
Bon Jovi
Diamante
Duff Mckagan (Guns N Roses bass player)
Styx
Three Days Grace
Starset
Chris Shiflett (Foo Fighters guitarist)
From Ashes to New
30 Seconds to Mars (Jared Leto)
Kalin Krohe (local buddy)
Saliva
Bad Wolves
Alter Bridge

Won't let me upload the 8x10 wall from my phone, says the file is too big. But imagine 57 8x10s hung up meticulously and alternating from portrait to landscape. Talk about a pain in the a**20211110_182500.jpeg20211110_182541.jpeg20211110_182611.jpeg20170801_210121.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Roger Daltrey? Whoa. If you want to talk about OG's, well, he's in the conversation. I dig it.

The baddest musician I ever met was Dave Brubeck. He signed a CD cover for me, and I treasure it to this day.

I dont want to show the rest of the room as it is now. Big plans, no time. Got started on a new display case/area, but after having 2 kids, I have no time to work on it. I'll post the pictures of what it was like before just for an idea.

The 3 current pictures are the wall with the bats and baseballs, Major League movie poster, and the one I'm currently working on with all of my signed CDs. Have some vinyl LPs that need displayed too, but no room.

All of the bats are game used. Top to bottom-
Kent Hrbek
Denard Span
Joe Mauer
Brian Dozier
Michael Cuddyer

All of the baseballs are signed, except for the ones in the cases with Mauer and Dozier. The Mauer is a game used ball he hit for a single, and the Dozier ball is the very first pitch of the game, which was a ball in the dirt to Dozier, from Doziers first career multi HR game. The ball in the case with the Span bat is a double hit by Span during the 2010, inaugural season of Target Field, signed under the Target Field logo. The rest of the signed baseballs are all Twins player, managers, broadcasters.

The signed CDs going top down, left to right, still have more to frame and hang up-
Tom Morello
Steve Perry
Royal Blood
Slash
Roger Daltrey
Bon Jovi
Diamante
Duff Mckagan (Guns N Roses bass player)
Styx
Three Days Grace
Starset
Chris Shiflett (Foo Fighters guitarist)
From Ashes to New
30 Seconds to Mars (Jared Leto)
Kalin Krohe (local buddy)
Saliva
Bad Wolves
Alter Bridge

Won't let me upload the 8x10 wall from my phone, says the file is too big. But imagine 57 8x10s hung up meticulously and alternating from portrait to landscape. Talk about a pain in the a**View attachment 315293View attachment 315294View attachment 315295View attachment 315296

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Roger Daltrey? Whoa. If you want to talk about OG's, well, he's in the conversation. I dig it.

The baddest musician I ever met was Dave Brubeck. He signed a CD cover for me, and I treasure it to this day.
The Who is top 3 favorite bands. My dad played them all the time growing up and I was hooked.

Members online

Latest posts