Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Show off your favorite Multi Player Card!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
If I had to pick my favorite dual card, I'd say it is this one. I lost out on it a couple years ago, then bought out the guy who beat me. I had never seen one before or since.

Background.png

Canseco and Clark were front and center for the Battle of the Bay (the 1989 Earthquake World Series) - it was a clash of the titans. If you were a California kid in the late 80s, this was likely your life for a while.

In 2005, the Battle of the Bay rivals were finally given their due when a card was created featuring them together. This card came in three flavors: dual swatches #/25, dual signatures #/15, and my favorite: This patch card #/10. It is the rarest card featuring them together, and brings to life so many memories I have from my childhood!

What are some of your favorite cards featuring more than one player?

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Keeping it old school here since there are massive amounts of newer cards and GU/Autographed cards to choose from, making it very difficult to select.

These are by far the coolest multi-player cards for me as a kid. Combining great players with a Dodger theme.

51XnB0-C0PL._AC_SX466_.jpgimages.jpg

For modern I recall a quad bat barrel from UD that was 1/1. There was a Dodger version with Garvey and a First base version, with Garvey, but also Al Oliver. I wanted that one really bad, but it sold for close to a grand and it had a crimp on it. Those were pretty sweet. I don't own either though. I have pictures saved somewhere of the other, but a fellow Garvey collector snagged the all-Dodger card, the lucky dog!.

2006_udepic_garvey-mota-sax-yeager_fourbarrel_relic.jpg2006_udepic_garvey-mota-sax-yeager_fourbarrel_relic_back.jpg

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
As another A's fan from the same time period this is my "love to hate" card:

eck05ultsiggibson.jpg

It's also my most valuable multi-player card, one sold on eBay last month for $800. Suffice it to say I didn't pay anywhere remotely near that for mine years ago...I can't remember exactly but it was probably in the $75-150 range.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
This one is probably my favorite just because it's so unique. A postcard from Albergue Olimpico with the whole Alomar family, including Robbie, Sandy Jr, and Sandy Sr. Not sure when it was printed, but estimating the kids ages and looking at when Sandy Sr was with the Yankees, I guessed 1976. Probably the earliest rookie card for any MLB'er...if you count postcards :)
1976 Albergue Olimpico #NNO.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
This one is probably my favorite just because it's so unique. A postcard from Albergue Olimpico with the whole Alomar family, including Robbie, Sandy Jr, and Sandy Sr. Not sure when it was printed, but estimating the kids ages and looking at when Sandy Sr was with the Yankees, I guessed 1976. Probably the earliest rookie card for any MLB'er...if you count postcards :)
View attachment 312619
I want one of these after seeing yours!

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I actually have an ebay search set for "Los Alomar". if one gets listed with that term, hopefully I'll at least see it!

delsant2

May 29, 2010
I'm going to play this game too!!

"Front"
Resized_20210930_183940.jpeg
"Back"
Resized_20210930_183908.jpeg

Reason I have the "front" and "back" in quotes is that I actually bought this card for my Howie Kendrick collection 🤣 so the real front of the card, for me, is the side with Kendrick on it. I feel silly owning this card, considering pretty much everyone else on it is more collectible than my guy! But, like the above, a fun way to add a Jeter auto to your collection.

Attachments

• Resized_20210930_183908.jpeg
    Resized_20210930_183908.jpeg
    65.2 KB · Views: 9

delsant2

May 29, 2010
That's probably the choice from my Howie Kendrick collection.

Of what I have left of my McGwire collection, there are a few, but I think these two are kinda a toss up for my favorites....
Resized_20210930_185113.jpeg
Resized_20210930_185212.jpeg

And the Wright collection has a lot of pretty cool multi player cards, but I always wanted a dual card with Tom Seaver, which surprisingly there aren't too many of, so this one wins out....
Resized_20210930_185738.jpeg

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
As they say, there are two sides to every story.

91crash.jpg

I know, not the intent of the OP, but I came across it while looking for cards to contribute!

How about this?

molitor coomer.jpg

This is an oversize 4x6 that I sent in wrappers for back in the day. I had Molitor sign it first, then got Coomer. Coomer was like, "Are you SURE you want me to sign this too?"

Here's another Twins classic.

Flair Dynasty 1.jpgFlair Dynasty 2.jpgFlair Dynasty 3.jpg

I'll find some Cardinals or other ones soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts