Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So I got to meet the Red Sox greatest pitcher ever yesterday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
tramers said:
best thing that i saw in this thread ; "FAN Friendly - stayed and signed ".

Yeah, much like Grady Little they kept him in there longer than he should have been.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Mozzie22 said:
beefycheddar said:
Mozzie22 said:
Sweet autographs! Greatest Red Sox pitcher ever... not so much.

Who was better? I'd take his 1999 through 2001 stretch over anyone by far. He was better at that point than Clemens at any point when you consider Steroid era.

Cy Young won 192 games for Boston in an eight year stretch while maintainig a 2.00 ERA, 275 complete games, and 38 shut outs.

I figured you'd be the ****** who rained on his parade

Congrats, Rob

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
JoshHamilton said:
Mozzie22 said:
beefycheddar said:
Mozzie22 said:

Who was better? I'd take his 1999 through 2001 stretch over anyone by far. He was better at that point than Clemens at any point when you consider Steroid era.

Cy Young won 192 games for Boston in an eight year stretch while maintainig a 2.00 ERA, 275 complete games, and 38 shut outs.

Congrats, Rob

Cy Young played more of his career for the Boston Americans not the Red Sox too. He only played for the Red Sox in 1907 and 1908. He was 42-26 in that time.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
JoshHamilton said:
Mozzie22 said:
beefycheddar said:
Mozzie22 said:

Congrats, Rob

Not raining on his parade I was simply pointing out that I believe most would not consider him the greatest Red Sox pitcher of all time. If not Young then Clemens. Still a nice auto as I pointed out. Now, being called a ****** by something like you means less than zero. You need to find a new hobby and stop annoying those of us on this board.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Mozzie22 said:
JoshHamilton said:
Mozzie22 said:
beefycheddar said:
Mozzie22 said:

Congrats, Rob

Not raining on his parade I was simply pointing out that I believe most would not consider him the greatest Red Sox pitcher of all time. If not Young then Clemens. Still a nice auto as I pointed out. Now, being called a ****** by something like you means less than zero. You need to find a new hobby and stop annoying those of us on this board.

Rich Garces is clearly the best pitcher in Red Sox history

You are both wrong!

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
beefycheddar said:
JoshHamilton said:
Mozzie22 said:
beefycheddar said:
Mozzie22 said:

Congrats, Rob

Cy Young played more of his career for the Boston Americans not the Red Sox too. He only played for the Red Sox in 1907 and 1908. He was 42-26 in that time.

Enjoy your Pedro autographs.

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
just wondering, how were you able to get a photo done? I was going to go but after I read that he wasnt signing photos...that plus the 2 hr drive..i decided to not bother.
Great autos!!

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Bosox3 said:
just wondering, how were you able to get a photo done? I was going to go but after I read that he wasnt signing photos...that plus the 2 hr drive..i decided to not bother.
Great autos!!

They actually were handing out that photo. He was signing anything that you had, one per person. I had my friends wife with me and kid so one of them got the second autograph for me.

Members online

Latest posts