Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So I hate all the eBay threads-but this I have to share

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
200lbhockeyplayer said:
So you were "hoping to get somewhere around $200-$300," and countered a $222 offer with $300...so you want $300, right?

Also, I'm a firm believer that anytime you have to write or utter the phrase "false accusations" in anything other than a court of law...you should shoot yourself in the face. Mini Johnny Cochranes running around eBay are entertaining...but that wasn't what you were shooting for.

Neither party is right.

I'm not a mini Johnny Cochrane, but thanks.

Can you read? I said I was looking for $200-$300 when I listed it. I got a $222.22 offer, and thought hard about it-and decided I wanted to try for $300, so I countered with that. What don't you understand? Perhaps next time, I will break it down much more so that you can follow along.

I don't appreciate being called a liar. It is that simple. So, you do you, I will do me.

Thanks.

The point of this was to show how dillusion this guy is. If you think I added to it after the guys 2nd message, well you have some common sense! Congrata-freaking-lations!! Obviously I added to it, after his 2nd message acting like a 6 year old.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
RL24 said:
I think it's all pretty hilarious, but mostly the way you flew off the handle when he called you a liar. You have some terribly thin skin to be hanging out on the internet. It's a rough hood dawg. :lol:

Ahh, yes-I have terribly thin skin. Just something I was born with, you know.

I do fine on the internet, if I need help I will be sure to call you ok.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Russ S. said:
hail2thevictors said:
cstmleather said:
Is his Ebay robo-something? Sounds very similar to some messages I got when I had some best offers on a lot.

Guys name is "fredosp"

Quite obviously has too much time on his hands, and is quite delusional.
Apparently so do you to play along.
You should of just countered, then blocked him.
Thanks for posting his ID so I can block him.

jeffv96masters said:
Was it really necessary to engage in conversation??

Set auto accept/decline limits ,,, if $200 is what you wanted then thats your lower limit for auto decline purposes,,,,,, auto accept apparently $300 was yours,,,

Jeff

p.s. Could I have that users name also?? I need to update my blocked bidder list now,,,,

^^^^ You should start doing this ^^^^^

I set my auto decline lower, because if I want $300 and have auto decline at $200, and someone offers $175-I want to be able to counter it.

I sold something not too long ago that someone offered $275. It was a personal autograph item of mine, and I didn't want to sell unless I got over $400-otherwise, it had too much value to me. I countered with $425, and he accepted.

Had I set my auto decline at $300, who knows if I sell it. I like to be able to counter most offers, just the way I do it.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
I hope that scumbag is on FCB

(his feedback looks good and he has been buying on eBay for 10 years)

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
hail2thevictors said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
So you were "hoping to get somewhere around $200-$300," and countered a $222 offer with $300...so you want $300, right?

Also, I'm a firm believer that anytime you have to write or utter the phrase "false accusations" in anything other than a court of law...you should shoot yourself in the face. Mini Johnny Cochranes running around eBay are entertaining...but that wasn't what you were shooting for.

Neither party is right.

Can you read? I said I was looking for $200-$300 when I listed it. I got a $222.22 offer, and thought hard about it-and decided I wanted to try for $300, so I countered with that. What don't you understand? Perhaps next time, I will break it down much more so that you can follow along.

I don't appreciate being called a liar. It is that simple. So, you do you, I will do me.

Thanks.

The point of this was to show how dillusion this guy is. If you think I added to it after the guys 2nd message, well you have some common sense! Congrata-freaking-lations!! Obviously I added to it, after his 2nd message acting like a 6 year old.
Do you "not appreciate being called a liar" or act "like a 6 year old" when you are called a liar?

I'm not dillusion enough but I don't appreciate being told I don't reading good.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
200lbhockeyplayer said:
hail2thevictors said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

Neither party is right.

Thanks.

Do you "not appreciate being called a liar" or act "like a 6 year old" when you are called a liar?

I'm not dillusion enough but I don't appreciate being told I don't reading good.

Well, the fact is I explained what I was looking for. Originally, between $200-$300. I got the $222.22 offer, and thought hard about it, and decided $300 was the price I wanted.

You then attempt to poke fun of me not knowing what I wanted-well, if you read it, you wouldn't have been saying that.

And apparently you can come on here like a wannabe comedian, but I can't react. Gotcha.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I don't really have an opinion either way, but I can tell you that looking for sympathy (i.e., someone feeling like you given a similar situation) or even empathy on the board is going to be tough.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
hail2thevictors said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
hail2thevictors said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

Neither party is right.

Thanks.

Well, the fact is I explained what I was looking for. Originally, between $200-$300. I got the $222.22 offer, and thought hard about it, and decided $300 was the price I wanted.

You then attempt to poke fun of me not knowing what I wanted-well, if you read it, you wouldn't have been saying that.

And apparently you can come on here like a wannabe comedian, but I can't react. Gotcha.
I quoted exactly what you wrote, nothing more. If anything it was to highlight how unimportant that aspect of your eBay situation was. You initially wanted $200-300, you got an offer of $222 and wanted more. Ok. I'm with you. Another buyer comes in offering under $200, and you counter with $300 stating someone else offered you $222. Ok. He calls you a liar in a 'nanny nanny boo boo' way and you get bent. You then throw on your instant attack costume and hammer these "false accusations."

Dude, it's an eBay private message, "false accusations"? Really?

I'd say a majority of the "I got a larger offer" lines are utter crap anyway, so the potential buyer is simply going with the odds and the odds were that you were misleading him. Were you? No, but who cares really.

This is a complete non-issue, move on eBay story. Am I comedian? No, but the comedy is that you supposedly "hate all the eBay threads" yet 90% of them deal with actual problems, not a silly little lover's spat like this.

Good grief, if this eBay nobody would have called you a lair to your face, I can't even fathom your reaction. Chop up his family with an axe and eat their remains ceremoniously?

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
200lbhockeyplayer said:
hail2thevictors said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
hail2thevictors said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

Neither party is right.

Thanks.

I quoted exactly what you wrote, nothing more. If anything it was to highlight how unimportant that aspect of your eBay situation was. You initially wanted $200-300, you got an offer of $222 and wanted more. Ok. I'm with you. Another buyer comes in offering under $200, and you counter with $300 stating someone else offered you $222. Ok. He calls you a liar in a 'nanny nanny boo boo' way and you get bent. You then throw on your instant attack costume and hammer these "false accusations."

Dude, it's an eBay private message, "false accusations"? Really?

I'd say a majority of the "I got a larger offer" lines are utter crap anyway, so the potential buyer is simply going with the odds and the odds were that you were misleading him. Were you? No, but who cares really.

This is a complete non-issue, move on eBay story. Am I comedian? No, but the comedy is that you supposedly "hate all the eBay threads" yet 90% of them deal with actual problems, not a silly little lover's spat like this.

Good grief, if this eBay nobody would have called you a lair to your face, I can't even fathom your reaction. Chop up his family with an axe and eat their remains ceremoniously?

Again, please read. I don't like that eBay threads are in the "Baseball" section. An "eBay" section would be best-but it's not the end of the world. That is why I don't like the eBay threads.

As for "doing this to my face"-I have never been in a fight, started a fight, etc. Violence is not the answer. However, telling someone they are wrong is certainly ok in my book. So no, an axe would have nothing to do with it.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
The only comedy in this thread are the absolute clowns saying "give me his name so I can block him". I have never blocked anyone and never will. Buyers are a dying breed and need to keep the pool open to as many people as possible to maximize profits.

Trust me, you never know who will buy what and at what price.

From experience:

1) Counter offers are almost NEVER accepted.
2) Another thing you will notice is that you have a much better chance dropping the BIN price without a best offer to 299.95 instead of 499.95 best offer espeically if it is baseball. You are bound to get lowballers in the offseason in droves.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
hive17 said:
I don't really have an opinion either way, but I can tell you that looking for sympathy (i.e., someone feeling like you given a similar situation) or even empathy on the board is going to be tough.

Sorry if I misled you, but I am not looking for empathy. There is no reason I would need empathy.

My point was that I thought this was funny-and that people on eBay would seriously send a complaint to eBay, when they are basically trying to start crap that is not necessary. Some people have way too much time on their hands. He is obviously bitter that I didn't take his offer, and thinks I lied about the $222.22 offer. I think it's funny. Some others have, some haven't. If you don't like the thread, that is fine.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
EricInCT said:
The only comedy in this thread are the absolute clowns saying "give me his name so I can block him". I have never blocked anyone and never will. Buyers are a dying breed and need to keep the pool open to as many people as possible to maximize profits.

From experience:

2) Another thing you will notice is that you have a much better chance dropping the BIN price without a best offer to 299.95 instead of 499.95 best offer espeically if it is baseball. You are bound to get lowballers in the offseason in droves.

1) I do pretty well with counter offers. This is a 1/1 card, so I am fine sitting on it if I have to. I don't always use counters, but I have done pretty well when I've used them. I don't have many cards that I turned down a nice offer, and months later still have.

2) Having a high BIN price actually works pretty well, at least for me. Especially with a 1/1 card-I would be willing to bet others think it works well, too.

As for lowballers, I really couldn't care less. As long as people are making offers, I am fine with it. The auto decline is set at like $150, so true lowball offers won't make it through to me. I go the route of having a higher BIN price, especially with a 1/1. There is no concrete value, why put a $300 price tag on a card when someone could offer $400+ if the BIN is $499.99?

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
This thread can be exhibit A - when another thread pops up and people complain that sellers never bother with a counter-offer or simply deny offers with no further explanation.

I know the response you got is still the minority - but it's sad that selling on Ebay has become an exasperating exercise of finding every possible way to protect yourself and avoid situations like this.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Lost in the shuffle is the fact that the OP is looking to get $200-$300 for a card, but lists it at $499. This is why people hate BINs. If you really want $300, then list it at $350 or something, not $500.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
hail2thevictors said:
EricInCT said:

From experience:

1) I do pretty well with counter offers. This is a 1/1 card, so I am fine sitting on it if I have to. I don't always use counters, but I have done pretty well when I've used them. I don't have many cards that I turned down a nice offer, and months later still have.

2) Having a high BIN price actually works pretty well, at least for me. Especially with a 1/1 card-I would be willing to bet others think it works well, too.

As for lowballers, I really couldn't care less. As long as people are making offers, I am fine with it. The auto decline is set at like $150, so true lowball offers won't make it through to me. I go the route of having a higher BIN price, especially with a 1/1. There is no concrete value, why put a $300 price tag on a card when someone could offer $400+ if the BIN is $499.99?[/quote]

Says the person who just wants 300 for the card and to move on ::facepalm::

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
hail2thevictors said:
RL24 said:
I think it's all pretty hilarious, but mostly the way you flew off the handle when he called you a liar. You have some terribly thin skin to be hanging out on the internet. It's a rough hood dawg. :lol:

Ahh, yes-I have terribly thin skin. Just something I was born with, you know.

I do fine on the internet, if I need help I will be sure to call you ok.

Liar!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Next time just shoot me a PM. I'll remind you that they are just words on the internet, they can't hurt you, and there's no need to call anybody a scumbag. You don't actually have to call...

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
EricInCT said:
hail2thevictors said:
EricInCT said:

From experience:

As for lowballers, I really couldn't care less. As long as people are making offers, I am fine with it. The auto decline is set at like $150, so true lowball offers won't make it through to me. I go the route of having a higher BIN price, especially with a 1/1. There is no concrete value, why put a $300 price tag on a card when someone could offer $400+ if the BIN is $499.99?[/quote]

Says the person who just wants 300 for the card and to move on ::facepalm::

When I am selling a card, I normally want to get as much as possible for what I am selling.

I don't think that is wrong.

Members online