Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
Not really a final goodbye yet, I will stalk the boards and read the posts and even use the chat...

But I am all done trading/busting wax. A few times in the past I have tried to walk away from this vampire of a hobby, but I never got far.

Just recently I hit the wall, so to speak, with collecting cards. I have lost the love for it and 99% interest in the hobby. I am close to finishing one last set and then thats it. I have already liquidated all other cards in my possession, but I still have some (PC now consists of 11 cards; and a small box at my mother's house). I always thought if I had to get rid of them I would feel sad, but I dont and thats how I know I am making the right choice for myself.

I would like to thank EVERYBODY that I have traded with/bought or sold with. With the exception of a few( and there will always be a few) you people are the best board members and hobbyists I could have hoped to find in the sea of internet. I wish you all good health and great luck for future pulls.

I cant really remember what is in the box at my mother's, but I am hoping its something decent, that way I can have a contest of some sort.

On that note, so long and thanks for all the fish!

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
Thumbs up on the Douglas Adams reference!

I'm losing love for the hobby myself, but my love of baseball keeps me in it.
From all the fakes/backdoors/scams/and a general lack of what I consider interesting in the hobby, it's easy for me to pick my other hobby as #1 (aquarist).

There's not a single card I currently have that I wouldn't part with, and there aren't any upcoming releases that I really care to get into, so I'm sort of lost in a land of limbo on my collection and what it means to me. Not that I ever had an actual focus on sets/players/pc items to begin with however.

but hey,
panic.jpg

brokenliz1

Aug 7, 2008
I had to take a break for a while too.Sorry to see you go but hopefully will see you around in the future.Thanks to you for the trades!

Members online

Latest posts