Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sports Art Appreciation Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Now that you mention it, I actually have a calendar with some awesome art as well from my days at MLBN that was put together by Bill Goff. Has a great assortment of vintage classic ballparks and a nice centerfold:

yep, that's the one. His annual Hallowed Ground calendar. Some of the artists he commissions do great work! Just ordered my 2014 calendar today.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
The art has gotten a lot better over the past few years, no question about that! I run the business. Lots of pro athletes currently own artwork and that will continue to rise as Christmas season comes closer with many of the player's wives commissioning artwork for their husbands. Price points are very reasonable, most likely will rise within the next 6 months.

I remember when you were trying to sell customs for $75 :). Those days are long gone for good reason. It's been really cool to see his development as an artist and I'm glad to have gotten a painting early. It's a really nice piece even if its not quite the caliber of his newer work.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Is this the same guy that everyone was blasting over that family portrait?

It almost looked like a made up Internet meme.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
Resurrecting an older thread rather than creating a new one, but wanted to show off some recent art pieces that were either commissioned or created by myself (unfortunately, I do not think the photos do many of these pieces justice, love how they turned out in person!):

iYsHDBC.jpg

Size: 48" x 32"
Medium: Denim Jeans

This piece is something my girlfriend and I decided to create with some of my older jeans. Gives a new meaning to the Broadway Blueshirts!

e7pIOo3.jpg

Size: 16" x 20"
Medium: Rolled up colored paper

This piece took an incredible amount of time to finish. The grueling task of rolling 100's of small pieces of paper to create this logo paid off in the end, I was happy with the result. One of those pieces that is easier to appreciate in person when you can see all the detail up close!

u8VllAp.jpg

Size: 12" x 12"
Medium: Tile and Spray Paint

This piece is a work in progress to commemorate Mariano's final game, I will be adding a few accent touches to it and I was impressed with how it came out. Better than I anticipated so far. Sorry for the poor lit, angled photo!

09pgECn.jpg
nMPkqwP.jpg

Size: 2.5" x 3.5"
Artists: Jim Kyle, Jim Kyle, Jason Adams

These are a few Jeter pieces that I recently received from commissioned projects. Happy with the results and fine additions to my Jeter collection.

Hope to see some other art or sketch pick-ups from the board!

jrosales

Mar 23, 2013
Hey guys, thought I'd pop in. Here are a few pieces I recently finished on Leaf AP stock for some customers. Very proud of these.

Apologies for some being non-baseball.

Pen & ink pointillism/stippling:

jerry_rice_by_machinehead11-d783gsk.jpg joe_montana_by_machinehead11-d76nqow.jpg michael_jordan_by_machinehead11-d6t8wk6.jpg ronda_rousey_by_machinehead11-d74v1mv.jpg ken_griffey__jr__by_machinehead11-d7769zi.jpg

Graphite:
roberto_clemente_by_machinehead11-d71c8nq.jpg

I love creating sports art; it's something I'm truly passionate about.

Attachments

• Montana, Joe3.JPG
    Montana, Joe3.JPG
    160.1 KB · Views: 6

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Resurrecting an older thread rather than creating a new one, but wanted to show off some recent art pieces that were either commissioned or created by myself (unfortunately, I do not think the photos do many of these pieces justice, love how they turned out in person!):

iYsHDBC.jpg

Size: 48" x 32"
Medium: Denim Jeans

This piece is something my girlfriend and I decided to create with some of my older jeans. Gives a new meaning to the Broadway Blueshirts!

e7pIOo3.jpg

Size: 16" x 20"
Medium: Rolled up colored paper

This piece took an incredible amount of time to finish. The grueling task of rolling 100's of small pieces of paper to create this logo paid off in the end, I was happy with the result. One of those pieces that is easier to appreciate in person when you can see all the detail up close!

u8VllAp.jpg

Size: 12" x 12"
Medium: Tile and Spray Paint

This piece is a work in progress to commemorate Mariano's final game, I will be adding a few accent touches to it and I was impressed with how it came out. Better than I anticipated so far. Sorry for the poor lit, angled photo!

09pgECn.jpg
nMPkqwP.jpg

Size: 2.5" x 3.5"
Artists: Jim Kyle, Jim Kyle, Jason Adams

These are a few Jeter pieces that I recently received from commissioned projects. Happy with the results and fine additions to my Jeter collection.

Hope to see some other art or sketch pick-ups from the board!

Good stuff, that Mets logo looks cool, and I do think you can make out the detail, but I bet it would be cool in person too

Naughtonart

May 8, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
Hello everyone! Here are a few of my larger pieces as well as a sheet of my 1/1 sketch cards created with color pencils and acrylic paint. If you are interested in my artwork you can contact me here: brentnaughton.com Thanks for taking a look! Commissions always welcome. -Brent naughton 67236761_2227358953985030_3864697334847766528_n.jpgEOkoEB5XsAA1GDm.jpg

Members online

Latest posts