Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sports Mt. Rushmore

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
List em.

This was running on another board and I really enjoyed reading who people nominated and why. I'll open the picks up to any athlete ever. They could have been the very best or could have been a huge influence outside of their sport as well.

Take all things into account and give us your 4!

Babe Ruth- mythical, not much else needs to be said
Usain Bolt- 9.58 and 19.19 in the 100M/200M may never be broken...we may look back and realize that he pushed the human body to its absolute limits. All this and he never really competed in his "best" event, the 400M.
Tiger Woods- I know about Jack and his 18 majors, but this guy made golf what it is today. The sheer number of guys that are threats every single week on the tour is a direct result of Tiger's influence on the game. His dominance and ability to just embarrass fields was unreal.
Michael Jordan- I'm a Lebron guy. I think Lebron is a better "player". He understands the game better, plays more positions, defends more guys, and went many years without the cast that Michael had. That being said, Jordan is a juggernaut. The legacy that he will leave on athletic footwear alone may be enough to put him on this mountain.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
I'll go with what I consider to be the four major sports:

Babe Ruth
Jim Brown
Michael Jordan
Wayne Gretzky

Pretty boring four, now that I look at it.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Haven't given it too much thought yet, as id like to come back to it later, but surprised no ones mentioned Jackie Robinson yet

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
My four would be (in no particular order):

Jim Thorpe
Babe Didrikson (perhaps Usain Bolt)
Babe Ruth
Aleksandr Karelin

kryslarry

May 19, 2010
Nor-Cal
Ruth
Jordan
Gretzkky
Ali (I took the easy path with him, couldn't pick a definitive football player)

A's Mt. Rushmore
Henderson
McGwire
Canseco
Martin

zlpeterson

Sep 23, 2015
San Francisco
Michael Jordan
Jim Brown
Jackie Robinson
Muhammad Ali

These are guys that transcended sports. I could understand switching Babe Ruth for Jim Brown, but Jim Brown did win 10 varsity letters in 4 different sports at Syracuse. The athletic GOAT.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Michael Jordan
Jim Brown
Jackie Robinson
Muhammad Ali

These are guys that transcended sports. I could understand switching Babe Ruth for Jim Brown, but Jim Brown did win 10 varsity letters in 4 different sports at Syracuse. The athletic GOAT.

Some believe he was the greatest lacrosse player of all time.

Members online

Latest posts