Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Starting new and you can save 3 guys from your team who/why?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
My answer is pretty simple:

Nick Markakis
Adam Jones
Brian Roberts

If Wieters was up, he'd be on the list and I'm afraid I'd have to bump BRob :(

kharmon

Mar 24, 2009
West Texas
For the Rangers the first two are a lock for me.

Michael Young
Ian Kinsler
The third I'm torn between Hamilton and Chris Davis at first. Hamilton is a proven power hitter, or at least he was last year, Davis is a young power hitting first baseman with good range and no end to potential.

The rest of the league can have the pitching staff!!!!!

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Well, being an Astros fan, this is kind of tough.

Four of the big five for the Astros are over the age of 30, so the start of the team would be kind of old.

1. Hunter Pence- Easy pick, obviously, for me. He is a young, decent power bat with a little spring in his step. Great defense and only getting better.
2. Roy Oswalt- Ace of the staff for many, MANY years running and has never had a full season losing record. One of the most reliable arms in the game. Dare I say, top 5?
3. Carlos Lee- I hate not taking the Big Puma here, but he is too inconsistent. Carlos is one of the most consistent OF in the game production wise, as you can almost always pencil him in for .290-80-30-100. Before he got hurt last year, he lead the NL in RBI's and still finished pretty high, injury and all.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Albert Pujols. Obviously. The best player in the game.

Adam Wainwright. 27-year old starter, who's the ace of the staff.

Yadier Molina. Fan favorite, best friends with Pujols, calls tremendous games, .300 BA, and handles the pitchers very well.

The 3 cornerstones. Sorry Colby + Ludwick.

timryan111

Aug 12, 2008
thenumberonemetfan said:
Carlos Beltran-Best center fielder in the N.L.
Johan Santana-Best Pitcher in baseball
Carlos Delgado-Its fun watching this guy play

I would take Santana, Wright and Reyes, I can understand Beltran..but Delgado over wright and reyes? it is a matter of opinion, just kind of surprises me.

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
timryan111 said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
Carlos Beltran-Best center fielder in the N.L.
Johan Santana-Best Pitcher in baseball
Carlos Delgado-Its fun watching this guy play

I would take Santana, Wright and Reyes, I can understand Beltran..but Delgado over wright and reyes? it is a matter of opinion, just kind of surprises me.

Wright is the most overrated sack of crap in baseball...well not really but I rather have a third baseman that doesnt strike out with runners on base.It was very close with Delgado and Reyes so I went with the guy whos having the bigger year so far.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Halladay- Sure, he's 31 but there's nobody better in the game.

Snider- Potential to be a franchise type player.

Hill- Premium defense at a premium position and has pop to boot.

rookierolodex

Sep 17, 2008
Rangers:

Ian Kinsler-Pure Hitter/Steal Bases
Josh Hamilton-Enough Said
Elvis Andrus-Speed/Gold Glove Pot./So Young

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
thenumberonemetfan said:
JoshHamilton said:
Josh Johnson, Chris Volstad, Hanley Ramirez

Marlins have some great young arms

They have four legitimate 15 win guys....and Andrew Miller. I won't even watch them when that ********* pitches. I'm so glad he's on the DL.

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
JoshHamilton said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
JoshHamilton said:
Josh Johnson, Chris Volstad, Hanley Ramirez

Marlins have some great young arms

They have four legitimate 15 win guys....and Andrew Miller. I won't even watch them when that ********* pitches. I'm so glad he's on the DL.

Seems like a d-bag,do you regret the trade or do you have high hopes for Maybin?

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Tigers

Cabrera
Granderson
Porcello

The choice between Porcello and Verlander is soooo hard. Verlander has shown greatness, but also a lot of crap last year too. Basically, it came down to who walks batter less. And so far Porcello has shown he's walking no one basically, while Verlander still likes to pick around the plate. Not as bad as last year, but he still tends to do it some. Porcello so far at least has shown that he can keep his pitch count down and go deep into games. That's huge.

If it were 4 guys this question would be super easy.

kruzie3

Sep 25, 2008
Cincinnati, OH
Cincinnati Reds:

Jay Bruce - Best up-and-coming outfielder with a ton of potential
Joey Votto - He can carry the Reds with his bat and is turning his defensive game around.. still young
Edinson Volquez or Johnny Cueto - can't go wrong wwith either one of these young pitchers

Members online

Latest posts