Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

***************Sunday Morning Thread ***********

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
I learned something interesting yesterday at work. One of my customers has a son that plays for the Citadel and they recently played in the SoCon tournament in Greenville, SC. One of his teammates is Joe Jackson, the great, great, great grandson of Shoeless Joe. Greenville is the home of Shoeless and has many attractions bearing his name. While in Greenville, the players got the VIP tour of all the Shoeless sites and the museum. The teammate's Dad was of course on hand and was allowing the players to hold and take pics with Shoeless Joe Jackson's World Series ring:eek:! I thought that was prety amazing and wish I could have been there for that, but I thought I would share.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Jesse- :lol: :lol: I laughed out loud at the kidney stone super hero comment.

Jimmy- :lol:

The entire story and pics are up in my Brandon Phillips thread. If everyone wants, I can post pics in here as well, but I don't want to write the whole story again. :lol:

I'll just copy the post from there and put it in here.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
As posted, I won one of Brandon Phillips’ Mother’s Day pink bats from the contest he had on Twitter. I was not sure if it was a gamer or not and it is not. He actually got a total of 4 bats. The one he used went to MLB Auctions and the other 3 he gave away. Doesn’t matter to me at all, it is still the centerpiece of my Reds collection.

We set up to meet yesterday, so my wife and I went down to Cincinnati. We were very excited because be are both big fans of BP. We got their early and saw the new exhibits at the Reds Hall of Fame and Museum and then went over to the Reds Team Shop because my wife wanted a Reds purse.

In the Team Shop, Brandon calls and tells me has a stop to make, but he’ll meet us out in front of the Shop in 15 minutes. He also said that he didn’t have much time and that he didn’t want to get caught up in a big crowd. He loves his fans, but this was our moment and he was trying to keep it that way. We thought this was going to be a very brief encounter. We went outside to wait. BP is a big fan of Little Debbie snack cakes, so we took an Avengers gift bag and put some boxes of snack cakes in there for him.

He pulled up and came over to us. He was very excited about the Little Debbies. :lol: We talked for a couple of minutes and then got the bat. I asked him to sign it to both my wife and I. Then he wanted to take pictures. I look mad in mine, but I am not. The sun was in my eyes and I had no idea my wife was taking the picture already. :lol:

He took a picture with my wife as well. When I went to snap the picture, I accidentally hit the power button instead of the picture button. Brandon got a big laugh out of that. He pointed and said, “He closed it!” We all had a good laugh at my expense.

We talked for a few more minutes about the Reds, the game the night before, wished him luck for last night’s game, and then just general small talk. He asked about us and we had general chit chat.

I asked him if he would mind signing a baseball for me as well and he said that it was not a problem and sweet spotted a baseball for me as well.

It was a phenomenal experience that my wife and I will never forget. He never stopped smiling the whole time we were together. A group of people started to gather in the background, but he only focused on my wife and I. The personal attention was just incredible. We thought it was going to be a much shorter encounter and that’s why we didn’t take even more pictures of him.

I know that was a long read and people just want to see pics, so here they are!

Me and BP
attachment.php

My wife and BP
attachment.php

Here’s the front of the bat
attachment.php

The back of the bat
attachment.php

He signed, “To: Crystal & Joe Elder, Thank You 4 All The Support!! Congrats Again 4 Winning My BP Giveaway & Hope You Enjoy My Mama Lue Pink Bat!! Nice Meeting You!” Then he signed his name, #4 and DatDude

Close up of auto
attachment.php

Close up of the rest of the auto
attachment.php

On the bat knob, he put Phil 4:13, a cross, 4, and Dude
attachment.php

On the top of the barrel he put a cross
attachment.php

The baseball he signed
attachment.php

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Thanks guys!

Richard- Yes, that is his car. An Audi R8. Crystal absolutely loved it. She said he could've signed the car and gave it to her. :lol: I appreciate you noticing. Definitely smaller than at the National. :D

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Good Morning!!

Joe congratulations once again!! after reading your story and seeing the pics BP seems like an even cooler person than I already thought he was. it's awesome that he spent so much time with you and Crystal. also I agree with Richard you are looking good buddy.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Joe - Incredible! Glad he was such a gracious guy. He isn't huge, so I'm shocked he swings a 34.

And the wife says you are looking incredible! Way to go and keep up the hard work!

RE: Kidney stones, anyone that can pass them and survive that pain is a superhero!

Last edited:

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Joe - Incredible! Glad he was such a gracious guy. He isn't huge, so I'm shocked he swings a 34.

And the wife says you are looking incredible! Way to go and keep up the hard work! (Shes down 10 and I'm down 5ish, but I didn't put that on here)

RE: Kidney stones, anyone that can pass them and survive that pain is a superhero!
Someone with photo shop skills needs to cut and paste Joe look on his face in the Phillips photo and make a super hero costume and maybe a kidney with a stone on his chest
Here is a start :lol:
hello_kidney_mockup_girls_pink.png

kidney-stones.jpg

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
No joke, but that actually happened about a mile from my house.

And no, she wasn't leaving here after a night of drunken debauchery. :p

I would have said she was!! LOL

Dodgers pulled off some bottom of the 9th magic last night with an A.J. Ellis Walk Off!! They are the only tream to not lose 3 in a row this year and were at 2 in a row last night before winning.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Thanks for sharing Joe! Glad to see you are feeling better also. Keep that lucky streak alive, the Belmont Stakes is coming up in two weeks.

I'll Have Another

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
the Pirates beat the Cubs last night with a walkoff HBP!! hopefully Eric Bedard and the Bucs can complete the sweep today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts