Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Super Bowl discussion thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Horrible play calling... I wanted NE , but as a FB fan I don't get it. Run , TO if needed , time for 2 pass plays still . Very weird , only thing I see is they expected the Pats to think run only.

Brady , he's been written off a few times. He's got 4 rings and 2 other appearances that he def coulda won. Props...

Ryan

byronscott4ever

Dec 3, 2009
Best SB in a while, don't like either team, but that Kearse catch on his back was huge then the pick so soon later. I read this somewhere about how Dallas won with a play that was iffy, then Green Bay beat Dallas on an iffy play, then Seattle won on an iffy play and then New England was going to win on some quirky play. And by iffy , I mean something strange, questionable or that could have gone another way easily.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
Guess God did not help Wilson on their last play

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Freedom Card Board mobile app

God did that on purpose to make next year that much more rewarding...

In serious, I can't stop laughing. I hate the Pats, but hate the Seahawks more. So glad to see their luck finally run out. While I hate the Seahawks I am a petty big Lynch fan. I cannot believe he didn't get the rock there. Great game, glad I decided to watch the whole thing.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
About five mintues ago, someone paid $50 for one of Chris Matthews only Auto RC that I could find listed, 2011 Gridiron Gear, when he was with Browns...

I just realized the card wasn't even autographed, just base or parallels.

3 or 4 of 'em sold on the auction site for about $50ish or so. They were $1-3 two weeks ago...

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
totally a game of chokes - Patriots choked away the first half, Seahawks choked away the second half, and the NFL choked on the SB ads and the SB MVP.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Awesome Super Bowl! Congrats Pats fans. As great as that catch by Kearse was, that other pass he dropped in the 4th quarter might have cost the Seahawks the game. As great as the pass play called by the Seahawks at the end of the 1st half was, the one that was called at the end of the game did cost the Seahawks the game.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
OK Seattle, so you're down by 4 points on the two yard line with 26 seconds left in the Super Bowl and you've got the best running back in the game ready to go, and you opt to throw the ball.

Thank you, Pete Carroll. Thank you very much.

And, thank you, Malcolm Butler! Wow. I'd have given that kid the MVP trophy.

What an awesome finish for New England. :p

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I hate the Pats but you can't hate on Brady. If it wasn't for my favorite team and player he'd no doubt be the greatest ever if he already isn't. Good game and of course with football over, baseball is even closer! :D

Nate Colbert 17

Aug 10, 2008
Texas
OK Seattle, so you're down by 4 points on the two yard line with 26 seconds left in the Super Bowl and you've got the best running back in the game ready to go, and you opt to throw the ball.

Thank you, Pete Carroll. Thank you very much.

This is the same Pete Carroll who, while at USC, left Reggie Bush on the sidelines on a 4th and two against Texas in the National Championship game.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
This is the same Pete Carroll who, while at USC, left Reggie Bush on the sidelines on a 4th and two against Texas in the National Championship game.

The most idiotic play call in history not only Super Bowl history, probably ever. He said his thought process was that NE lined up in goal line and he called a shotgun pass to waste a play so that he can run it on 3rd and 4th down. That logic is arguably worse than the play call itself considering you still have one timeout left too. Unbelievable

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
That was a good Super Bowl that was utterly pathetic for the last minute. After that amazing catch, it was terrible football from there.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Couple things...

It was a genius call. It just wasn't executed well by the WR who was suppose to drive through Brandon Browner. Below I illustrate that the middle of the field is MONEY OPEN! The WR (Kearse?) does not drive through Browner and create the rub needed for the play to work. Butler makes a hell of a play but Browner is the KEY. He never gave up enough ground to allow Butler to get picked.

The middle LB is vacating the middle of the field to cover Lynch (Pic2), who is wide open because NE literally is in a terrible look.

16401792256_a568944a94_c.jpg

Here Browner is winning his battle while the middle of the field is not occupied at all. The Pats were out-schemed and likely would have called a timeout if they had more than one to burn. The 7-1 look stressed the corners to the max BUT Butler and Browner won the game for them on sheer effort and study.

Lastly, Wilson has to throw that ball in a better location. That is the ONLY place where Butler could have picked the ball.
16401771066_aed1779c86_c.jpg

What Seattle could have ran but didn't. They had Wilfork away from the POA and virtually no LBs to worry about.
16240435098_d6a184698f_c.jpg

The play they called wasn't the problem, it was the by the WRs and QB that killed them.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
Couple things...

It was a genius call. It just wasn't executed well by the WR who was suppose to drive through Brandon Browner. Below I illustrate that the middle of the field is MONEY OPEN! The WR (Kearse?) does not drive through Browner and create the rub needed for the play to work. Butler makes a hell of a play but Browner is the KEY. He never gave up enough ground to allow Butler to get picked.

The middle LB is vacating the middle of the field to cover Lynch (Pic2), who is wide open because NE literally is in a terrible look.

16401792256_a568944a94_c.jpg

Here Browner is winning his battle while the middle of the field is not occupied at all. The Pats were out-schemed and likely would have called a timeout if they had more than one to burn. The 7-1 look stressed the corners to the max BUT Butler and Browner won the game for them on sheer effort and study.

Lastly, Wilson has to throw that ball in a better location. That is the ONLY place where Butler could have picked the ball.
16401771066_aed1779c86_c.jpg

What Seattle could have ran but didn't. They had Wilfork away from the POA and virtually no LBs to worry about.
16240435098_d6a184698f_c.jpg

The play they called wasn't the problem, it was the by the WRs and QB that killed them.

Agreed, but with all the people who are blaming Wilson solely for the loss, please remember that your WR also needed to fight for that ball.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Couple things...

It was a genius call. QUOTE]

It wasn't genius. It was idiotic. How can you not see that? Leaving any potential for an interception in that situation is pure idiocy. Give Lynch the ball 4x if you have to, and surely he gets in on one of the carries. I love it though. "Genius" in theory is not genius.

Members online