Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Super Serious Thread: What do you not like about FCB?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I really haven't read any posts I'm sure people have said pretty much what I'm gonna say but I'll give my input for the hell of it..

The baseball section needs to somehow be divided between prospectors and HOF collectors. There's already a vintage section so I'm not counting that as a category. These two things are SO different it almost doesn't make sense to put them in the same forum. Along with that, there should obviously also be one for general baseball discussion of course but for cards I'd personally like to see the prospectors and HOF collectors broken up a bit. I have absolutely nothing against prospectors but sometimes it's a little hard to weave through to get to the stuff I'm most interested in.

One last thing I'd like to comment on is the mailday threads. I love seeing maildays and huge hauls, maybe there can be a sticky or even a separate sub-forum for baseball pickups. Probably unrealistic but that's personally one of my favorite things to see. I know there is usually a weekly recent pickups thread but maybe something a little more legit than just one thread.

Just my 2 cents this board has an incredible amount of awesome members so I enjoy it regardless

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
When I get a notificaton of a "post quote" I click on "Notifications" and it take me to my user profile and not the thread with the post quote. Do I have a setting that should be changed or is that really how that notification should work? If the later than I do not like it ;)

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
When I get a notificaton of a "post quote" I click on "Notifications" and it take me to my user profile and not the thread with the post quote. Do I have a setting that should be changed or is that really how that notification should work? If the later than I do not like it ;)

No, it worked for me for a couple of weeks. Now mine does the same thing yours does. I hope someone answers about this because it's annoying as fook.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
As a matter of fact since it's almost a surety that nothing will be done about it, consider this my last post on this site (not that ya'll will miss me much but just know you'll have one less person)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD MAXX

I my best Willie Wonka voice
"No wait stop, don't"

Sent from my Desire HD using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Chris you and I have talked about celebrating individuals and I know you don't like it buuuut giving members mental ownership to the site builds pride.. If Joeybuttsfucco is named new member of the month for feb he is going to be excited and share within his circle. If jojothecircusmonkey is in FCB HOF he is going to spout that everywhere and his circle will be well aware. There doesnt have to be actual awards maybe a banner or a sig but just a hood ornament if you will. Let the community build on the community. Board growth..

The only compliant I really have is the fb board traffic and well there's nothing that can fix that but time and effort.

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
HOF things are dumb.
No offense, but what makes a person a HOF member of a sports card message board? Maybe do referral contests or do things like BO does with best pulls of the month or birthday giveaway type things. Please do not do a HOF thing, it is so annoying.

HOF things are dumb.
No offense, but what makes a person a HOF member of a sports card message board? Maybe do referral contests or do things like BO does with best pulls of the month or birthday giveaway type things. Please do not do a HOF thing, it is so annoying.

No offense taken but we've tried lots of stuff and traffic is down. Places where members or their cards are celebrated are iffy sure.. But How many people had their bmb HOF or Beckett supercollector in their sig? Showcasing the community's members and collections is a good way to build some personal equity in my opinion.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
HOF things are dumb.

Agreed. SCF does that crap and that site, to my knowledge, is dead and lame.

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
I don't have any problems with this site and still check it a few times a day. Every forum has it's own reason for why I visit.

FCB - Andrews group breaks. Prospect news, though JP usually posts the same thing on BO
SCF - B/S/T (rarely visit these days now that they have Adsense all over the damn place)
BO - B/S/T By far the best B/S/T board for cards
NET54 - Autographs
SCN - Autographs
GUU - Game used
PSA - B/S/T and graded card discussions. Board has gone down hill, but I keep in touch with a few people there.
CBT - Shoot the XXXX with the rebels from the PSA board.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
SUPER CEREAL?

I wish the transactions boards were hoppin' again.

I also don't know if this can be fixed (and it's not a major issue) but when I have a "quote" notification, it sends me to "My Profile" instead of "Quotes." Again, not that big of a deal or anything, but it does become a nuisance, especially on the phone.

csmtampa

Aug 25, 2009
I don't see how. Anytime I go there the threads are still the same ones that were there days ago. It's almost at a dead standstill sometimes and the majority of threads have like 1 to 5 responses.

Are you talking about Sports Card Forum or Sports Card Freaks?

tikitomoka

Jul 27, 2009
It's honestly exhausting reading threads on here for an extended amount of time. Between the crappy new site design, the amount of petty bickering that goes on amongst a handful of members in what seems like every single thread, and the general negativity just doesn't make it enjoyable to be here

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI

This happens to me as well. When the Quotes first came around, it worked fine, but now it does this and it's a pain in the ass.

Why not have a separate Prospects Transactions board? It's nearly impossible to sell anything here unless it's prospect-related, so give that a separate section. I suspect some people may stay away from the Trans board entirely since it is so prospect-oriented.

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
What about a "collections" section where a member can post pics and info on their collection and then update it as they get maildays and stuff? And then divide the card talk into vintage and prospecting.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
My main gripes are

1) Seems like lately, less people can have a discussion that doesnt turn into an arguement. Disagreements happen but alot of people here take it way too seriously

2) A lot of snarky people on the boards lately who seem to always put others down

3) It takes forever to get someone booted who is not good for the site. I get that we dont want to be BMBv2, but there have been a couple times in the past few months where many members asked to get someone removed were given the line that a member basically needs to be deemed a problem by the mods. Okay, so a large group of people asking isnt enough but a mod is?

4) TBP has 31,270 posts and i'd say 75% of em are one worded like "NIIIIIICCCCEEEE". The last one I read of his: "*****!!!" (In this thread.) I have no personal beef with him but most of his posts I read dont contribute much of anything. Lack of quality content is what im trying to say here. Not just from him but others, myself included, as well. I could do more to try and help and so could others.

A change I'd like to see which I believe will benefit the community: raise the age limit to 16 or 18 and require members to provide a valid drivers license upon request. This should help stop younger teens from getting on and trolling, scamming or posting crappy content.

Last edited:

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
My main gripes are

1) Seems like lately, less people can have a discussion that doesnt turn into an arguement. Disagreements happen but alot of people here take it way too seriously

2) A lot of snarky people on the boards lately who seem to always put others down

3) It takes forever to get someone booted who is not good for the site. I get that we dont want to be BMBv2, but there have been a couple times in the past few months where many members asked to get someone removed were given the line that a member basically needs to be deemed a problem by the mods. Okay, so a large group of people asking isnt enough but a mod is?

4) TBP has 31,270 posts and i'd say 75% of em are one worded like "NIIIIIICCCCEEEE". The last one I read of his: "*****!!!" (In this thread.) I have no personal beef with him but most of his posts I read dont contribute much of anything. Lack of quality content is what im trying to say here. Not just from him but others, myself included, as well. I could do more to try and help and so could others.

A change I'd like to see which I believe will benefit the community: raise the age limit to 16 or 18 and require members to provide a valid drivers license upon request. This should help stop younger teens from getting on and trolling, scamming or posting crappy content.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts