Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Supercollector Websites

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Maybe someday....for me.

I enjoy these types of sites myself. Set building is one thing, expected, but team/player collections takes it to a new level in my eyes.

shuedini

Aug 7, 2008
Indiana
Your site is outstanding, looks great on mobile too.
Thank you!

It is a Wix based website. They've got good mobile integration to their platform that allows you to build the website and then see what it looks like on mobile. You can then tweak the mobile layout to optimize your site for that platform as well.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Thank you!

It is a Wix based website. They've got good mobile integration to their platform that allows you to build the website and then see what it looks like on mobile. You can then tweak the mobile layout to optimize your site for that platform as well.

I used weebly for mine, but turned off mobile because it really struggled to handle the html tables that I use on most of my pages.

I am surprised how few collectors have websites. I know it is a lot of work, but it is a great way to share the collection.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Mine is nowhere close to the level of some like shuedini's but Jeff Frye Collection is where my Jeff Frye collection resides on the web.

Added your site to the list. That's a pretty cool idea to try and get autographs on all of his base cards, so I linked to that page on your site. Let me know if you'd like it to go somewhere else or if you want me to use a different image from your site.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Added your site to the list. That's a pretty cool idea to try and get autographs on all of his base cards, so I linked to that page on your site. Let me know if you'd like it to go somewhere else or if you want me to use a different image from your site.

Works for me. Thanks.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I did the basic Topps run autographed and have most of the Fleer/Donruss issued during his playing career, but don't think I would like chasing a ton more. Thankfully Garvey retired before the storm of issues and has not always been a favorite for retro issues. Fewer overall cards to chase, but better on my wallet.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I did the basic Topps run autographed and have most of the Fleer/Donruss issued during his playing career, but don't think I would like chasing a ton more. Thankfully Garvey retired before the storm of issues and has not always been a favorite for retro issues. Fewer overall cards to chase, but better on my wallet.

You need to start a Garvey site. Just don’t get caught up on being comprehensive. Just do it in chunks.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I need to get a Ryno web site started. Is there a big learning curve on the web software? (I guess it depends how complex you want to make it?)

A lot of it is drag and drop and fairly intuitive. Once you get a page design the way you want it, then you can copy the page and modify the content. Most of my pages are:

1) Image Box and Text Box side by side at the top
2) HTML Box next with all the content: Player, Year, Description, Image (link to embedded code to image hosting site, I use Flikr)
3) Contact Form at the bottom

Images are the really time consuming part. Publishing a checklist or text is fairly simple if you have everything in a spreadsheet or other document. Including thousands of images, especially if you want to do front and back, is much tougher.

Many sites are free, so you can play around with it a little bit at and build something at no cost. I can give some guidance if you use weebly and their are probably others that could help with other sites.

Has anyone else tried multiple sites and have a recommendation?

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
If you want to add me, cool... I have a page for supercollectors on MarkGrace.com and will be glad to link to the sites in this thread as well.

grace_header.jpg

Link to: http://markgrace.com/maingallery.html

With more than 3,000 unique cards - all of which are pictured on the site - the MarkGrace.com collection is the most complete collection assembled featuring the 4 time All-Star and 1990's hits leader Mark Grace. Brad, a life-long Cubs fan, has collected Mark Grace since 1989 and has maintained the website bearing his name since 2002. The website is an excellent resource for 90's collectors to identify many of the era's rarest issues.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
I'd like to start a free site...but don't you have to pay someone for the domain name? Or is there a way to claim one that doesn't exist? I'm kinda www. illiterate. LOL

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
If you want to add me, cool... I have a page for supercollectors on MarkGrace.com and will be glad to link to the sites in this thread as well.

View attachment 112913

Link to: http://markgrace.com/maingallery.html

With more than 3,000 unique cards - all of which are pictured on the site - the MarkGrace.com collection is the most complete collection assembled featuring the 4 time All-Star and 1990's hits leader Mark Grace. Brad, a life-long Cubs fan, has collected Mark Grace since 1989 and has maintained the website bearing his name since 2002. The website is an excellent resource for 90's collectors to identify many of the era's rarest issues.

You were one of the first people I thought of when I decided to add that supercollector page to my site. You should appear out there now.

Do you have any advice for anyone thinking about creating a site?

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
I'd like to start a free site...but don't you have to pay someone for the domain name? Or is there a way to claim one that doesn't exist? I'm kinda www. illiterate. LOL

My site would be free if I let weebly brand it so the URL would be supercollectorcatalog.weebly.com rather than supercollectorcatalog.com. I pay $40 per year for the domain so I don't have the weebly branding, but I don't think it would a big deal to have the weebly in the URL.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma

Wordpress offers free domains too as long as they can brand the link. That's why my Jeff Frye page is .wordpress.com. I'm quickly reaching the limit of their free storage though so I'll likely be upgrading soon to a non-branded doman.

I'm not an expert but if you have questions about the Wordpress platform I'd be glad to try to answer them. I hadn't touched a website, or coding for that matter, in about 10 years when I made mine so any knowledge I had was grossly out of date and I built the framework for my page in a couple of hours. Most of it is point and click, drag and drop, unless you really want to dive into the code which you don't have to do at all.

Members online

Latest posts