Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Target sign limiting cards is awesome

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
Our local Target has a sign that states only 1 box per person.

However, using the self checkout bypasses that “rule” and so I doubt it’s even working.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Like it was with TP and canned goods, now card boxes. Deep down, it bothers me that cards are apparently so hard to find now that people will literally fight over them. I don't buy wax any more, so I am not affected personally, but it saddens me. Now the craziness of people way overspending on common autographs. That affects me and that is another thing making me grumpy.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
My wife is a basketball card fanatic and she's losing her mind over the market for new wax. Prizm is $2000+ for a hobby box. The bkb card groups on Facebook are posting pictures of people camping out in front of Target for days (plural) waiting for Prizm blasters to arrive just so they can buy 3 of them. We've seen that for things like Black Friday or Xbox or whatever, but for boxes of cards is kind of in the upside-down until you find out that those $20 boxes are selling for $200.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Was that English??
People are insane...hopefully that guy was arrested and spends the night in jail.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Somehow people fighting in stores reminds me of the old WWF Hardcore championship where goofyass brawls would break out anywhere. Good times!

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
My local Targets have those signs, but they don't matter; none of them have even stocked baseball cards in any quantity for around a year. My guess is that Excell guy got sick of people hunting him down and said screw it. Retail shouldn't be hard to find, considering how Topps has really been cranking the presses (production was doubled for S1 and I bet something similar for Heritage). At least I frequent a shop that is actually getting retail product from Topps and Panini; there's another shop in my area that's buying the retail from the people who are getting it from Walmart, and charging $40-$50 per S1 blaster.

chippernate

There’s a group of about 15-20 people here, they have a couple people at every target and as soon as they spot the vendor everyone floods that store, while others stay behind at the store to wait and see if the vendor goes there next. Overheard some of them talking one day, didn’t hear how much but they said they’ve got multiple people paying them to stand in line and buy it all up

sjm76

Feb 27, 2020
I'm glad that I was able to score my share of unopened retail product before the madness started. It really is out of control now. I was off of work on Good Friday so I was able to swing by my local Target to try to score some cards but wasn't too thrilled to find out that I was 26th in line. I only ended up getting 1- 2021 Donruss basketball value pack.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
That's actually pretty good considering how little stock actually makes it to our stores. From what I've seen the Walmarts get one blaster display and one jumbo pack display, so to be 26th in line and still get something is very generous product management. I can't guess what my Target gets because it's always like carpet beetles have gone over it, leaving behind only a Hoops gravity feed pack holder full of Minimates.

I actually had great luck at the Walgreens. They moved the cards behind the counter, and I got a S1 Topps hangerbox when I was in there last week. It contained a 1986 Pache auto. My luckiest pull, really my only decent rando pull, in forever.

dxoldman

May 27, 2010
All of the UPC codes on card are now limited to 3 per purchase. My wife saw packs at Target and grabbed me 5 Donruss Basketball, the first three rang up fine in self checkout, the next one created a popup on the terminal that stated the maximum number had been reached.

Members online