Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Terrible Box, Worse service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
So here it is 2 weeks later from my original contact and I still havent been contacted, yet my PMs have been read. What do I have to get a response from DINANBBS?

As a customer not getting a response can be annoying. However in fairness to our topps rep missing hits and damaged cards have a pretty specific routine. I believe they state the course of action on the website as well. I have had great luck with our rep but I have never asked about hits. Either way you should receive at least an acknowlegement. good luck with the situation.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
notjomommasclint said:
As a customer not getting a response can be annoying. However in fairness to our topps rep missing hits and damaged cards have a pretty specific routine. I believe they state the course of action on the website as well. I have had great luck with our rep but I have never asked about hits. Either way you should receive at least an acknowlegement. good luck with the situation.

Between the 3 emails I sent to topps that went without a response and the call I made where I was put on hold for 20 minutes before I finally hung up, its not just our rep here that has me feeling disregarded as a customer.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
bouwob said:
Could be worse. We busted 6 boxes of 06 draft at the national and 5 boxes were missing autos, and 40% of the parallels were missing.

from a reputable source non the less.

but the real question is....would you have done anything about it if the one box had the auto was the Longoria super :lol:

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
TomMurry said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Sucks Bro. i had when i lose at gambling

You had what?
What does your gambling have to do with my box break?

I think what he means is busting wax is always a gamble.Sometimes you win, but most of the time the house wins.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
SINFULONE said:
TomMurry said:
ThoseBackPages said:

You had what?

I think what he means is busting wax is always a gamble.Sometimes you win, but most of the time the house wins.

Except in this case, he was downright cheated. Forget about the hits, he didn't even get the correct amount of minis (which are guaranteed one per pack as per the wrapper)!

i would think a lot of the lack of response... (while not very customer friendly) has to do with the topic. short boxes happen and when they do they piss us all off because we feel cheated. but from the companies side if they dont follow their own protocol then the system becomes easy to manipulate. (not implying you would do that tom) but as we all know some in our hobby would exploit any loophole! i have always been told to mail my wrappers, upc code, and receipt to topps along with damaged cards. that said its still no excuse for the customer service department to ignore your calls or emails... the beauty of the situation is you can voice your displeasure by withholding your money from them! ;)

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
SINFULONE said:
TomMurry said:
ThoseBackPages said:

You had what?

Its not a gamble if there are guarantees on the box. If it was that I wasnt pleased with my hits, THAT is the gamble. When there are stated inclusions of a product it is not. Im sure you were trying to be cute and whatnot, but it made you sound like a pompous ******.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
notjomommasclint said:
i would think a lot of the lack of response... (while not very customer friendly) has to do with the topic. short boxes happen and when they do they piss us all off because we feel cheated. but from the companies side if they dont follow their own protocol then the system becomes easy to manipulate. (not implying you would do that tom) but as we all know some in our hobby would exploit any loophole! i have always been told to mail my wrappers, upc code, and receipt to topps along with damaged cards. that said its still no excuse for the customer service department to ignore your calls or emails... the beauty of the situation is you can voice your displeasure by withholding your money from them! ;)

I followed the protocol about sending pictures of the wrapper/upc and receipt, etc, which I did a shade over 2 weeks ago. I havent even gotten a notice that it was being processed. Mailing damaged cards wont replace the amount of items that were missing from this product.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
What a mess. No wonder fans of Topps would like you to keep it between you and the company. I think it's best that prospective buyers know what to expect before they spend their money...

The gambling analogy was a little lame. It's like putting a dollar in a slot machine, pulling the handle, and nothing happens. Or you sit down for black jack, put your 5 out there, and the dealer just snatches it up and says "next!"

He didn't even get to gamble. Topps ripped him off.

Must have done something really bad in the past to deserve this treatment from the baseball card karma gods...... :twisted:

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
two weeks is way to early to start thinking all is lost. Topps doesn't send out info on your stuff, they won't even
tell you when it ships. just wait and something will come.

Keivn

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
cmnkb8 said:
SINFULONE said:
TomMurry said:
ThoseBackPages said:

You had what?

Except in this case, he was downright cheated. Forget about the hits, he didn't even get the correct amount of minis (which are guaranteed one per pack as per the wrapper)!

Very true.I had an issue with Topps months ago, and once I finally got an initial response from Topps they were fairly reasonable with a timely response through e-mail.I guess keep e-mailing/calling them back enough and eventually they'll respond.I dunno, it's never taken me this long to resolve a customer service issue with them.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
TomMurry said:
SINFULONE said:
TomMurry said:
ThoseBackPages said:

You had what?

Its not a gamble if there are guarantees on the box. If it was that I wasnt pleased with my hits, THAT is the gamble. When there are stated inclusions of a product it is not. Im sure you were trying to be cute and whatnot, but it made you sound like a pompous ******.

Wasn't trying to be an ass at all, but how conveniant of you to blindly race to conclusions about me.Thanks for instantly lumping me with all the other trolls on here.Safe to say if I was really trying to set this place ablaze I wouldn't have nearly 1000 posts since my arrival here back in '08.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
RL24 said:
What a mess. No wonder fans of Topps would like you to keep it between you and the company. I think it's best that prospective buyers know what to expect before they spend their money...

The gambling analogy was a little lame. It's like putting a dollar in a slot machine, pulling the handle, and nothing happens. Or you sit down for black jack, put your 5 out there, and the dealer just snatches it up and says "next!"

He didn't even get to gamble. Topps ripped him off.

Must have done something really bad in the past to deserve this treatment from the baseball card karma gods...... :twisted:

Fine, I suppose the term "risk" would have been more appropriate.FYI, I can't tell you how many times I've seen someone write on here "busting wax is always a gamble", and no one ever says anything about it.Whatever.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
SINFULONE said:
TomMurry said:
SINFULONE said:
TomMurry said:
ThoseBackPages said:

You had what?

Wasn't trying to be an ass at all, but how conveniant of you to blindly race to conclusions about me.Thanks for instantly lumping me with all the other trolls on here.Safe to say if I was really trying to set this place ablaze I wouldn't have nearly 1000 posts since my arrival here back in '08.

I wasnt talking to you. NOW you've made yourself sound like an ass.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
TomMurry said:
SINFULONE said:
TomMurry said:
SINFULONE said:
TomMurry said:
[quote="ThoseBackPages":2lpxsrb7]Sucks Bro. i had when i lose at gambling

You had what?

I wasnt talking to you. NOW you've made yourself sound like an ass.[/quote:2lpxsrb7]

Of course you were talking to me, that's why my name appears at the top of the quote.But feel free to continue playing if off as if you weren't.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
SINFULONE said:
TomMurry said:
SINFULONE said:
TomMurry said:
SINFULONE said:
[quote="TomMurry":1guo94ea][quote="ThoseBackPages":1guo94ea]Sucks Bro. i had when i lose at gambling

You had what?

I wasnt talking to you. NOW you've made yourself sound like an ass.[/quote:1guo94ea]

Of course you were talking to me, that's why my name appears at the top of the quote.But feel free to continue playing if off as if you weren't.[/quote:1guo94ea]

I was speaking to those back pages for his snide remark in an attempt to be cute.
You have to look at the CENTER of the quote as that was the earliest post. It goes from the inside out. Outside is the most recent.
Again, stop making an ass of yourself. Youre 2/2 so far.

Members online