Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1998 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

togaman

Oct 27, 2008
Houston
Toga - You have 12 unopened boxes? Whoa

Yes...I bought them for $ 50 each from a collector who was moving to California from Houston and was getting rid of boxes so she wouldnt have to transport them. She was the reason I started TEK in the first place. She had a couple thousand TEKs before she gave up the chase and sold them to a dealer in Florida at a show about 7 or 8 years ago. One day I will either sell them, or as I usually do, open them impulsively. Stored away for now to keep me away from me.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Toga - You have 12 unopened boxes? Whoa

Yes...I bought them for $ 50 each from a collector who was moving to California from Houston and was getting rid of boxes so she wouldnt have to transport them. She was the reason I started TEK in the first place. She had a couple thousand TEKs before she gave up the chase and sold them to a dealer in Florida at a show about 7 or 8 years ago. One day I will either sell them, or as I usually do, open them impulsively. Stored away for now to keep me away from me.

That's awesome.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
He may be waiting a very long time if he wants $1200 for $540 worth of High Beckett Big Head Barry cards.
You never know though

He's already listed them several times, and no one has taken the bait yet.He must really want to keep them.

togaman

Oct 27, 2008
Houston
On a surprising note when buying a couple Turkey Red White borders last night for a set I am close to completing (10 to go for 2005 set) I checked 1998 TEK and ther was a Lankford pattern # 1 diffractor I bought for $ 1.50. Oddly coincidental in that the Pattern # 1s are about the only diffractors I ever bid on and that 90 pattern # 1 was a card I can use so that was a nice surprise. I know Richard R already has it so I will keep for my collection for Diffractor Set# 3 (half completed)

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
On a surprising note when buying a couple Turkey Red White borders last night for a set I am working on completing I checked 1998 TEK ad ther wa a Lankford pattern# 1 diffractor I bought for $ 1.50. Oddly coincidental in that the Pattern # 1s are about the only diffractors I ever bid on and that 90 pattern # 1 was a card I can use for Diffractor set # 3 so that was a nice surprise.
Congrats Toga! I know how sensitive you are to value and price, so glad to see you nailed one in your wheelhouse.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I'm tempted to open this early. I wonder WTF it could be? Hope it's not some dumb ol' Diffractor.

attachment.php

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
For the guys who have completed the master set, what was the last card/pattern you needed? How'd that go? Just fun question.

---

togaman

Oct 27, 2008
Houston
My final card to complete 8100 card Master set was a Paul O'neill card 37 pattern# 56... Took about 3 months when I got down to final 10 cards.

For the guys who have completed the master set, what was the last card/pattern you needed? How'd that go? Just fun question.

---

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Down to 40 to go for a third diffractor set
Completed on 90 card Diffractor set and have 14 to go for Set# 2

Doubt I will ever finish Set# 3 (or maybe even set# 2) but will keep trying from time to time.

You have a slight lead over me

I think I own 3 Lankford Driffractors total.

Members online

Latest posts