Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 2014 Topps (High) Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
attachment.php

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Looking to pick up (buy or trade) Stripes, Shatter Stripes, Red Storm and Blue Dots non-autos.

Here's what I have so far:

Stripes:
Edgar Martinez
Robinson Cano
Sonny Gray

Shatter Stripe:
Yadier Molina
Paul Goldschmidt
Mark McGwire
Yasiel Puig
Julio Teheran
Michael Wacha

Red Storm:
Jose Fernandez
Wil Myers
Randy Johnson
Yoenis Cespedes
Johnny Cueto
Miguel Cabrera
Robinson Cano
Julio Teheran
Sonny Gray

Blue Dots:
Jose Fernandez
Giancarlo Stanton
Hank Aaron
Taijuan Walker
Yordano Ventura
Johnny Cueto
Robinson Cano
Julio Teheran
Sonny Gray

Last edited:

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
My bad - I thought your earlier scan of Giancarlo was the Galactic - upon further review I'm gonna guess it's a blue dots. Your scanner scans them dark - thought the Abreu was a Galactic as well lol.

Yeah, the best way to make them pop on a scanner is to leave the lid up. Just like with 1998 Tek, you're looking at the "white" part of the background, not the clear. Blue Dots are actually far more attractive than the Galactic Charcoal because they pop so easily. You really have to tilt the Galactics into the light to even see the starburst pattern.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Yeah, the best way to make them pop on a scanner is to leave the lid up. Just like with 1998 Tek, you're looking at the "white" part of the background, not the clear. Blue Dots are actually far more attractive than the Galactic Charcoal because they pop so easily. You really have to tilt the Galactics into the light to even see the starburst pattern.

I like the Charcoal Galactics better than the blue dots - I own the Cargo non-auto galactic and the Tulo non-auto and auto Galactics. But, I'm a huge fan of the black galactic, blue dots, and red storms! I truly loved this set - it definitely did Tek justice after all the years between releases!

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I like the Charcoal Galactics better than the blue dots - I own the Cargo non-auto galactic and the Tulo non-auto and auto Galactics. But, I'm a huge fan of the black galactic, blue dots, and red storms! I truly loved this set - it definitely did Tek justice after all the years between releases!

Nice! Feel free to post any 2014 Tek scans!

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
So fun to see what is happening with base and how people are valuing them.

Check this Abreu out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Yopps-High-Tek-Circuit-Board-Pattern-Jose-Abreu-RC-1B-White-Sox-Rare-/221632435872?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item339a5296a0&nma=true&si=SxtlBM3DkVvdhpFQZji38vkXmdA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

That's over $100 more than a Blue Dots and the rarer Cracked Ice can sell for under $20. The "rarest" Stripes version is anywhere from under $100 to just over $200 and it appears at least five have hit the market.

Ha! Remember this? Man, 2015 Tek sure blew it :(

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
It's a long shot but I was going to see if anyone on this board has a Chipper Jones Diffractor they would be willing to part with. It's the last one I need for my diffractor set. I would prefer the ice diffractor but would be fine with the disco or bubbles or whatever it is called. It's the last card I need for a diffractor set so any help would be appreciated. Thanks

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Ha! Remember this? Man, 2015 Tek sure blew it :(

I still think the 2015 Tek Grid patterns are out of 5 (maybe 10 total) - I haven't seen any evidence otherwise that there are more than that out there. I've been tracking Vinny Castilla since release and only 4 have hit the market. Same with his buyback autograph 1/1 - 4 of those as well.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I still think the 2015 Tek Grid patterns are out of 5 (maybe 10 total) - I haven't seen any evidence otherwise that there are more than that out there. I've been tracking Vinny Castilla since release and only 4 have hit the market. Same with his buyback autograph 1/1 - 4 of those as well.

Not sure about that, but I'm certainly no expert on 2015 Tek. Here's a guide: http://www.cardboardconnection.com/2015-topps-high-variations-patterns

Got another Galactic thanks to a non-payer:

attachment.php

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts