Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 2014 Topps (High) Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I find the Zig Zag (NL) sells for higher than the Cracked Ice (AL) equivalent. Anyone else see this?

Absolutely, although Zig Zag has had the craziest market of them all. At first, people were recognizing it as the rarest of the rare and valuing them higher than either Stripe or Shatter Stripe. Then once Shatter Stripe was recognized as rarest Zig Zag steadily declined as everyone who wanted one seemed to be getting theirs. It's hard to track as now some listings have started to age out on eBay's ended listings. Now Circuit Board seems to have a stronger market similar to Zig Zag, although Pipes lags behind. If you search (circuit, pipes) you can see that Circuit Board dominates page one when sorted by highest price... or is this an AL vs NL talent issue? Of course this is based on my very limited observations, but it's fun to try to track.

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
My O'neill 1/1 charcoal auto just popped on the Bay, start $399 or make offer. I'm not even going to entertain.

sbjcards14

Dec 3, 2014
Absolutely, although Zig Zag has had the craziest market of them all. At first, people were recognizing it as the rarest of the rare and valuing them higher than either Stripe or Shatter Stripe. Then once Shatter Stripe was recognized as rarest Zig Zag steadily declined as everyone who wanted one seemed to be getting theirs. It's hard to track as now some listings have started to age out on eBay's ended listings. Now Circuit Board seems to have a stronger market similar to Zig Zag, although Pipes lags behind. If you search (circuit, pipes) you can see that Circuit Board dominates page one when sorted by highest price... or is this an AL vs NL talent issue? Of course this is based on my very limited observations, but it's fun to try to track.
thanks,

would you hold onto the cracked ice or move them??

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I'm not familiar with the industry today. Is it possible this product gets virtually all sold and all opened? Is that pretty common?

thats a good question, no idea. guess it comes down to how many cases were produced. Wax seems to be holding steady right now.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
I'm not familiar with the industry today. Is it possible this product gets virtually all sold and all opened? Is that pretty common?

I've been tracking the 1/1 charcoals and 1/1 charcoal autographs and many of them have been pulled. I'd be interested to know how much of this gets cracked. I'd assume it's going to be most of it since it's such a great product. Unopened cases / boxes may end up being like unopened 1998 tek boxes in the far future.

Bane50

Feb 14, 2010
Picked up one box from BO. Could have saved $10 by using eBay, but I trust BO a lot more. I must have gotten a 'Mike' box. Two Trouts. Base and the Circle Swirl one. Piazza base. Napoli base auto. Also got a Palmiero Teknician /50. Then the mind blower: I flip over this card with a starry diffractor design. 1/1!!! Probably my best pull ever. Bryce Harper Galactic Diffractor!!!!

Last edited:

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Picked up one box from BO. Could have saved $10 by using eBay, but I trust BO a lot more. I must have gotten a 'Mike' box. Two Trouts. Base and the Circle Swirl one. Piazza base. Napoli base auto. Also got a Palmiero Teknician /50. Then the mind blower: I flip over this card with a starry diffractor design. 1/1!!! Probably my best pull ever. Bryce Harper Galactic Diffractor!!!!

Whoa! Congrats buddy that's fantastic! Think of all the McGwires you can get for that haha!

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana

Nice!

Members online