Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

======= The Black Friday Morning Thread =======

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
69MetsFan said:
This thread about garage fridges got me thinking.

Hope this doesn't jinx me, but listen to this:

My mom bought an upright, massive freezer in 1968. Plugged it in to the outlet in our garage (I live in the same house today).

It has never stopped working, 24/7, 365 to this day!! :shock:

Yeah, try to tell me that things weren't made to last back then!!

Same thing only different, my mother ordered me in 1960 and I'm still working! :D I wouldn't say that in front of the freezer, it might hear you. ;)[/quote]

I talk to the freezer from time to time, letting him (or her?) know what a fine job he/she is doing. It gets back at us by sucking the energy down, but come on, 41 years without quittin? I am only one year older than it is, but my work ethic is nowhere near as strong!

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
I feel like calling up whatever company made it and asking if they want to do a commercial with me (and the freezer)! Kinda like the Married with Children episode where Al Bundy has the ancient Dodge that still runs.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
JackLondon said:
69MetsFan said:
This thread about garage fridges got me thinking.

Hope this doesn't jinx me, but listen to this:

My mom bought an upright, massive freezer in 1968. Plugged it in to the outlet in our garage (I live in the same house today).

It has never stopped working, 24/7, 365 to this day!! :shock:

Yeah, try to tell me that things weren't made to last back then!!

Same thing only different, my mother ordered me in 1960 and I'm still working! :D I wouldn't say that in front of the freezer, it might hear you. ;)

I talk to the freezer from time to time, letting him (or her?) know what a fine job he/she is doing. It gets back at us by sucking the energy down, but come on, 41 years without quittin? I am only one year older than it is, but my work ethic is nowhere near as strong![/quote]

I'll bet if you were plugged in for 41 years straight it would be.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Happy Birthday my friend. Continue resting in piece.

[youtube:1xusw5el]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLJhJGnpovo[/youtube:1xusw5el]

Also, today marks the 5th Anniversary of my first date with the wife. ::facepalm:: That's where it went all wrong. :lol:

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
IndyMann said:

[youtube:3pma77q1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLJhJGnpovo[/youtube:3pma77q1]

Also, today marks the 5th Anniversary of my first date with the wife. ::facepalm:: That's where it went all wrong. :lol:
Yeah I bet she is regretting that decision of hers :D

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
IndyMann said:

[youtube:3sa4an8d]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLJhJGnpovo[/youtube:3sa4an8d]

Let me guess, she's NOT standing directly behind you! :D

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
Afternoon guys! Was up til 3am with friends and the neighbors playing trivial pursuit and talking. Went to lunch with the GF and her family. We are getting the Chrsitmas stuff together! I am excited to put the tree up!

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
darrend505 said:
Afternoon guys! Was up til 3am with friends and the neighbors playing trivial pursuit and talking. Went to lunch with the GF and her family. We are getting the Chrsitmas stuff together! I am excited to put the tree up!
Yea a man with simple needs :D

Members online

Latest posts