Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Hello everyone, just watched the UMass game.....they played well but it was not meant to be. They have a good team though and will definitely make a run at it next season.

Quick question....when is the MT fantasy baseball draft at??

muskiesfan said:
Good morning guys. I hope everyone has a great day.

Yesterday was shat. I had a follow up with my regular doctor to go over my blood work. Everything is fine. Diet and exercise have my numbers solid. The only thing she said that I could improve was my good cholesterol. So it looks like more fish in the diet.

Get done and get in the car. It won't start. 20 miles from home and it won't start. Since it's a used car, we only got a 6 month/6,000 mile warranty when we bought it. Gave them a call, we're a month and a little under 2,000 miles over our warranty, so they told us we were SOL. Called our insurance company and evidently we did not include roadside assistance. ::facepalm:: I do have AT&T roadside assistance, so I call them. They tell me the tow truck will be there in 45 minutes. They also inform me that they only pay the first $50 of the tow. ::facepalm::

Tow truck shows up an hour and 45 minutes later. Crystal is sweating because she has to go to work. We get our car work done at Tires Plus, so we had the car towed there. My dad picked us up and my mom let Crystal borrow her car so she could go to work. Get back up to Tires Plus just before the tow truck gets there. Cost of the tow $102.50, so $52.50 out of pocket for me. Tires Plus said from the sound of it, it was probably the fuel filter or the fuel pump. The fuel filter would be much cheaper, but both are located inside the gas tank. So it was going to cost a bit in labor.

It's the fuel pump. $450 to replace. The part will be in today and we should have the car back this afternoon/evening.

Sorry for the long story, but yesterday was horrible. Hopefully today is better.
If you can wait a few days Joe I can get you a new fuel pump for quite a bit less. From the sounds of it you already got the pump installed so it may be a tad late for that. Sorry to hear about the car troubles though....last year I had a used fuel tank/pump/filler neck put in as well as a new converter....not cheap! My cost on the converter was about $180 :shock:

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
IndyManning18 said:
ChasHawk said:
As World War II began, Geisel turned to political cartoons, drawing over 400 in two years as editorial cartoonist for the left-leaning New York City daily newspaper, PM.[19] Geisel's political cartoons, later published in Dr. Seuss Goes to War, denounced ****** and Mussolini and were highly critical of non-interventionists ("isolationists"), most notably Charles Lindbergh, who opposed US entry into the war.[20] One cartoon[21] depicted all Japanese Americans as latent traitors or fifth-columnists, while at the same time other cartoons deplored the racism at home against Jews and blacks that harmed the war effort. His cartoons were strongly supportive of President Roosevelt's handling of the war, combining the usual exhortations to ration and contribute to the war effort with frequent attacks on Congress[22] (especially the Republican Party[23]), parts of the press (such as the New York Daily News, Chicago Tribune and Washington Times-Herald),[24] and others for criticism of Roosevelt, criticism of aid to the Soviet Union,[25][26] investigation of suspected Communists,[27] and other offenses that he depicted as leading to disunity and helping the Nazis, intentionally or inadvertently.

In 1942, Geisel turned his energies to direct support of the U.S. war effort. First, he worked drawing posters for the Treasury Department and the War Production Board. Then, in 1943, he joined the Army as a Captain (OF-2) and was commander of the Animation Departmant of the First Motion Picture Unit of the United States Army Air Forces, where he wrote films that included Your Job in Germany, a 1945 propaganda film about peace in Europe after World War II; Our Job in Japan, and the Private Snafu series of adult army training films. While in the Army, he was awarded the Legion of Merit.[28] Our Job in Japan became the basis for the commercially released film, Design for Death (1947), a study of Japanese culture that won the Academy Award for Documentary Feature

Geisel was a liberal Democrat and a supporter of President Franklin D. Roosevelt and the New Deal. His early political cartoons show a passionate opposition to fascism, and he urged to oppose it, both before and after the entry of the United States into World War II. His cartoons tended to regard the fear of communism as overstated, finding the greater threat in the Dies Committee and those who threatened to cut the US's "life line"[41] to Stalin and the USSR, the ones carrying "our war load".[42]

Geisel's cartoons also called attention to the early stages of the Holocaust and denounced discrimination in the USA against African Americans and Jews. Geisel himself experienced anti-Semitism: in his college days, he was mistaken for a Jew and denied entry into conservative social circles, although he was actually of German ancestry and a practising Christian.[citation needed]

Geisel supported the Japanese American internment during World War II. His treatment of the Japanese and of Japanese Americans, between whom he often failed to differentiate, has struck many readers as a moral blind spot

After the war, though, Geisel overcame his feelings of animosity, using his book Horton Hears a Who! (1954) as an allegory for the Hiroshima bombing and the American post-war occupation of Japan, as well as dedicating the book to a Japanese friend.
His feelings on the Japanese were basically status quo at the time, since as you may recall, they had just bombed us... ::facepalm::

And if he was a Communist, then so is Jesse.
Is Jesse a Lorax?
Its not Communism, it's just Canada! :lol:

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Speaking of government assistance/social welfare (I dont get why an american would not want health care, but thats just a ***** talking)...

...this is my last week of unemployment!!!

Next week is a full week at the rink taking the ice out, and I start back with parks (while I look for a refrigeration gig) on the 9th.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
wow, this picture is horrid. but my new room is about ready to move into

1d0b233e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts