Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
Safeco Field is adjusting their outfield wall.

So many pitchers parks looking for that fine line. Chi White Sox did it shortly after moving in.

Here is a simple breakdown of the changes:
In the left field corner:
- The distance down the left field foul line remains the same at 331-feet.
- Instead of jutting out quickly to 341-feet, the wall will jut out to 337-feet.
- The hand-operated scoreboard will be moved, and as a result, the height of the outfield wall will be eight-feet from foul pole to foul pole.

- From the left field corner to the left field power alley, the wall will be moved in four-feet.
- The distance at the left field power alley will decrease from 390-feet to 378-feet.
- From left center to straightaway center field, the distance the wall will be moved in will vary from four-feet to a maximum of 17-feet. At straightaway center field, the distance will decrease from 405-feet to 401-feet.
- From straightaway center to the right center power alley, the wall will move in four-feet. The distance at the power alley will decrease from 385-feet to 381-feet.
- From the right field power alley to the right field line, the dimensions remain the same.

630x420_SafecoWallMod-300x200.jpg

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
easy!!!!!!! Easy now. She is the only one working right now. I'm temporarily retired and I haven't hit the lottery either, :cool:

Haha, well if you weren't so old you wouldn't have to be temporary retired ;) just kidding of course. I had to do it since I'm one of the younger members here :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts