Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

----------The Morning Thread----------

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
JackLondon said:
69MetsFan said:
JackLondon said:
69MetsFan said:
thefatguy said:
All my items have bids now, and my Frank has 6 watchers, so I'm happy. I've never done anything but 7 day auctions, so the 3 day stuff is more intense.

Calgary has a 3-1 lead going into the 3rd.
Glencross has a pair and Stajan has 1. Iggy has 1 A.
0809UltimateCollectionJaromeIgin-2.jpg

Hey Jesse, I met my wife at a hockey game in Fairbanks, AK. I refer to my ticket as the best $5.00 I ever spent! :D

Reminds me of a funny story (of course, everything reminds me of a funny story):

I first met Chris at the college where I now work. She was working behind the counter of the Tutoring Dept. and when I was asking her questions about some paperwork, she got REALLY annoyed with me and told me in a snotty voice, to "take the papers over to Personnel. I don't need or want them!"

I remember as I walked over to Personnel thinking, "Man, what a b----! Hope I never have to deal with her again!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

100% TRUE story!!

Alright, my wife wants me to ask how in the world did you two ever get together after that initial meeting?

Would she believe, my incredible charm and devilish good looks?

No?

Well, proximity must have had something to do with it. We worked together a lot (forced to), were close in age (everyone else was much younger), and each had a smarta$$ sense of humor. She, though she denies it, asked ME out first. She made me go see a terrible, terrible theater production for a class she was in at the time. We were laughing at the wrong times in the play (honest to god, thought it was a satire).

The rest is history, as they say. :)

Okay, Dave. Now your turn. How did a $5 ticket turn into a love match??

A co-worker of mine and I had decided to go to the hockey game that night. My sister had made a new friend at work and had asked if she wanted to go to the game with her. Mind you, I had no idea my sister was going until I saw her in the stands. She was down the row from my friend and I and I remember constantly leaning forward to try to get a look at my sisters friend. I think I looked left more than forward down on the ice. I was introduced when the game was over, thought about her most of that night and the next day too. Arranged to meet her and it's been an incredible ride ever since.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
69MetsFan said:
JackLondon said:
69MetsFan said:
JackLondon said:
69MetsFan said:
[quote="thefatguy":25xa5p5x]All my items have bids now, and my Frank has 6 watchers, so I'm happy. I've never done anything but 7 day auctions, so the 3 day stuff is more intense.

Calgary has a 3-1 lead going into the 3rd.
Glencross has a pair and Stajan has 1. Iggy has 1 A.
0809UltimateCollectionJaromeIgin-2.jpg

Hey Jesse, I met my wife at a hockey game in Fairbanks, AK. I refer to my ticket as the best $5.00 I ever spent! :D

Reminds me of a funny story (of course, everything reminds me of a funny story):

I first met Chris at the college where I now work. She was working behind the counter of the Tutoring Dept. and when I was asking her questions about some paperwork, she got REALLY annoyed with me and told me in a snotty voice, to "take the papers over to Personnel. I don't need or want them!"

I remember as I walked over to Personnel thinking, "Man, what a b----! Hope I never have to deal with her again!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

100% TRUE story!!

Alright, my wife wants me to ask how in the world did you two ever get together after that initial meeting?

Would she believe, my incredible charm and devilish good looks?

No?

Well, proximity must have had something to do with it. We worked together a lot (forced to), were close in age (everyone else was much younger), and each had a smarta$$ sense of humor. She, though she denies it, asked ME out first. She made me go see a terrible, terrible theater production for a class she was in at the time. We were laughing at the wrong times in the play (honest to god, thought it was a satire).

The rest is history, as they say. :)

Okay, Dave. Now your turn. How did a $5 ticket turn into a love match??

A co-worker of mine and I had decided to go to the hockey game that night. My sister had made a new friend at work and had asked if she wanted to go to the game with her. Mind you, I had no idea my sister was going until I saw her in the stands. She was down the row from my friend and I and I remember constantly leaning forward to try to get a look at my sisters friend. I think I looked left more than forward down on the ice. I was introduced when the game was over, thought about most of that night and the next day too. Arranged to meet her and it's been an incredible ride ever since.[/quote:25xa5p5x]

That is a nice story, right there! All romantic and all...

I guess not every relationship starts out as a "hate at first sight" kinda thing, huh? :lol:

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Okay, better get some reading done.

Hope the whole real/not real patch discussion gets hashed out soon; Chas and Jeff may whip out the straight razors soon!! :? :cool:

Have a good night, Dave, and anyone else still around. Chat with you all later!