Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

========== The Morning Thread ==========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Resident Piazza Fan said:
Here's a sneak preview.

Finishedwindow.jpg

Would be great to put a desk right in front of that window! Or maybe a nice reading chair. :)

shepsspot

Oct 27, 2008
Resident Piazza Fan said:
muskiesfan said:
Good morning guys. I hope everyone has a great day.

I want to say thank you to Ant. He sent me a 2009 Bowman Chrome Adam Dunn refractor. It is very much appreciated. Thank you Ant!

I saw Tony picked up another nice Adam Dunn 1/1. I'm going to have to try and work some kind of deal with him for his Dunn stuff one day. His Dunn collection is nicer than mine and he doesn't neccessarily collect him. ::facepalm:: :lol:

If this is like high school, what does that say about the rest of the board? The MT is very welcoming and any time a new person posts, they are always welcomed and encouraged to come back. I may not always personally respond to everyone, but I read all of the posts and try to keep up on what's going on with everybody. There just seems to be a lot of people who like to stir pots.

Morning Joe. Congrats on the Dunn refrctor and wtg Ant.

I'm the same way Joe. I don't ignore anyone (in the MT, not even Miggy), but sometimes you just have to walk past some of the yohoo's out there. I think Shep posted once or twice, but since he wasn't instantly popular, and top dog, I guess he didn't feel wlecome. Oh well, to each his own I guess.

Just like the other thread where I said I was over it and going to let go, I cant let that go!

I really dont think I have EVER stirred the pot here or anywhere before, and if someone can show me where I have please do so I can apologize for it. But I really dont post that much other than the trade section, and I am pretty sure I have dealt with some of you there before and we didnt have a problem then or even when I know that I have dealt with others from this site on the old BMB.

Now as for the High School comment, it seems like it hit a nerve with some of you because you are still going on about it. Sure I may have only tried a couple times to be part of you "community" but when you do try and get ignored because its only your first or second time posting in your thread, why bother another time?

Also why has no one answered my question on why people get PM on how they should act here, or "how things get done in the MT", or who can start a MT and when it someone that normally doesnt post in the MT a whole new thread gets started. I know I have seen two different threads going on more than one occasion.

Again sorry if I ruffled any of your feathers, but other than right now show me where I have "stirred the pot" or I have "looked for attention on being the Big Dog".

Shep

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Shep, welcome to the MT and if you posted here and were passed by a response sorry. We try to welcome everyone here, even miggy post here.

As for the PMs that is me. We have a few un-written rules of protocol dating back to BMB and problems there. These are set forth in attempts to make this a drama free-zone. The nerve you hit was simply some of our humor, we talk about all random stuff and today partly is your post.

I have never had a problem with you either and so I will again say welcome and we hope you post here more.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Morning Joe, Andrew, Dave(pgh), jyles, and Shep :mrgreen:

Art - SWEET look on the trim dude!!! Can't wait to see how the room compliments the cards ;)

Andrew - How was your weekend...I hope it was math free...

Dave(pgh) - Enjoy the game yesterday??

jyles - Welcome!!! Cool sig by the way :)

Shep - Sorry the MT seems the way it does to you...if you can give it a little of a chance to see that it is not everything that it may seem at times. What I can add to your question is that it really doesn't matter who STARTS the MT...just the fact that who starts it should participate in the beginning of the thread so it starts "lively". Not just a start of the thread, hello, goodbye, won't see you for another 3 days or so kind of thing...has NOTHING to do with who the person is at all. Other than that...good to see you here anyways and I hope you have a great start to your week :cool:

jlyles

Jan 28, 2010
muskiesfan - I've tried to drink coffee a few times, but it wasn't my cup of tea (see what I did there?). I did have a Brisk this morning though and that woke me right up.

phgbuccos - Thank you, I recently changed my collecting focus about 6 times, so I really have no idea what I am doing anymore. I'm just having fun picking up cheap refractors, but I don't think I collect them?

gvsu96 - Thank you.

Since I am new to posting in here and forsee myself posting in here every morning before class, I think I should tell a little about myself. I am a sophomore at the University of North Texas and my current major is Computer Science, but I honestly have no idea what I want to do (and Calculus 2 is giving me some problems, so I may be switching majors soon). I have been collecting since I was maybe 11 years old and was on the bmb from Easter 2002 to mid-2006. I used to collect only basketball, but this year I have really gotten into baseball again and have watched too many Spring Training games and I'm very excited for the season to start. I am agoraphobic and have major anxiety issues, so I may come off as a little strange or unresponsive if you meet me at a card show (I'll be at the Houston TriStar this summer), but that's just because internally I am freaking out. It's nice to see this group of guys posting in this thread every morning, seems like a little family (I've been peaking through the window for a while).

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
metallicalex777 said:
Morning Joe, Andrew, Dave(pgh), jyles, and Shep :mrgreen:

Art - SWEET look on the trim dude!!! Can't wait to see how the room compliments the cards ;)

Andrew - How was your weekend...I hope it was math free...

Dave(pgh) - Enjoy the game yesterday??

jyles - Welcome!!! Cool sig by the way :)

Shep - Sorry the MT seems the way it does to you...if you can give it a little of a chance to see that it is not everything that it may seem at times. What I can add to your question is that it really doesn't matter who STARTS the MT...just the fact that who starts it should participate in the beginning of the thread so it starts "lively". Not just a start of the thread, hello, goodbye, won't see you for another 3 days or so kind of thing...has NOTHING to do with who the person is at all. Other than that...good to see you here anyways and I hope you have a great start to your week :cool:

Hey Alexei, how goes it?

Today is the official first day of Spring Break. I am going to be getting wild and crazy with yardwork, further excavation of the Garage of Doom, and prep for surgery on Wednesday! I am a party animal.

So, no math until maybe next weekend. I am caught up on the course work (even have all the work done through April 8!

What is happening up in the NW?

Chris and I are hoping to take our delayed honeymoon to San Francisco in the summer. Depends on money, accomodations for the ET, etc. We would like to stay for at least a week (allowing for another visit to Jack London State Historic Park, if I can talk Chris into it.) :)

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
jlyles said:
muskiesfan - I've tried to drink coffee a few times, but it wasn't my cup of tea (see what I did there?). I did have a Brisk this morning though and that woke me right up.

phgbuccos - Thank you, I recently changed my collecting focus about 6 times, so I really have no idea what I am doing anymore. I'm just having fun picking up cheap refractors, but I don't think I collect them?

gvsu96 - Thank you.

Since I am new to posting in here and forsee myself posting in here every morning before class, I think I should tell a little about myself. I am a sophomore at the University of North Texas and my current major is Computer Science, but I honestly have no idea what I want to do (and Calculus 2 is giving me some problems, so I may be switching majors soon). I have been collecting since I was maybe 11 years old and was on the bmb from Easter 2002 to mid-2006. I used to collect only basketball, but this year I have really gotten into baseball again and have watched too many Spring Training games and I'm very excited for the season to start. I am agoraphobic and have major anxiety issues, so I may come off as a little strange or unresponsive if you meet me at a card show (I'll be at the Houston TriStar this summer), but that's just because internally I am freaking out. It's nice to see this group of guys posting in this thread every morning, seems like a little family (I've been peaking through the window for a while).

We are quite the informal group there, could I get your first name so not to always refer to you by you screen name? Fav team?

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
jlyles said:

gvsu96 - Thank you.

Good to meet you! Hope college continues to go well. I work at a small community college and 90% of the students I "track" with tend to change their majors at least twice. What are you thinking of changing your major to? (I meant to end a sentence with a preposition there!)

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Morning jlyles!- Good to have ya. GL in your studies and figuring out what you want to major in. That's a tough decision but you'll know eventually. And sometimes, even though I know what I collect, I really have no idea either :lol: ::facepalm:: I live in Oklahoma so you might be the closest in proximity to me.

Shep- good to have you post in here. Believe me, the door is always flashing welcome to anyone. I hope your opinion of the MT changes from what you've heard. If you were ignored or overlooked on the days you posted, believe me when I say it was not intentional. I think George explained the "starting threads" PM thing pretty well. Hope that helps put a better spin on things.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Shep- I felt your comment was stirring the pot. I didn't say you do it all the time or anything like that, but you lumped a group of us together and likened us to a petty, high school clique. I took exception because the MT is a great group of guys. I know that first hand. If you posted in here and was ignored, I apologize. Like in my post that was quoted, I don't always respond to everyone personally. I'm not trying to ignore anyone, but I am on FCB while I am working. So I don't always get to post to everyone like I want to. I have no problems with you and would like for you to give the MT a shot if you want. The MT is open to all and the more the merrier.

Alex- What's up brother? A few weeks ago you said you finally picked up a box, did it ever make it to the PO? :lol: :lol: Just teasing you man. One of these days our schedules won't conflict and we'll be able to make that phone call.

jlyles- :lol: I see what you did there. I'm not much of a tea person. My wife loves tea, me, not so much. Good luck with your studies. Look forward to seeing you around.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
Alex I did enjoy the Pens game yesterday especially since they won 5-4 in a shootout. having fun with the PS3?

jlyles there's nothing wrong with not knowing what to collect. I have had that problem several times.

jlyles

Jan 28, 2010
George_Calfas said:
We are quite the informal group there, could I get your first name so not to always refer to you by you screen name? Fav team?

Yes, my name is Jonathan, but some people call me J and some people call me Nate. I'll respond to any of the three. My favorite team is the Texas Rangers.

JackLondon said:
Good to meet you! Hope college continues to go well. I work at a small community college and 90% of the students I "track" with tend to change their majors at least twice. What are you thinking of changing your major to? (I meant to end a sentence with a preposition there!)

Thank you very much. I am thinking of switching to some form of business. My Dad seems to think that I would do well in business because I've been dealing cards at shows and on eBay since I was 12 years old. I am not too sure about the whole "having to talk to people" part of business though. Oh well, we'll see how it goes. Maybe I can be a writer or a jewel thief or assassin ;) .

wideright - Thank you! I've been worrying about the whole what-do-I-want-to-do-after-college thing for a while now and honestly I have no idea. I have quite a few friends who live in Oklahoma, and I think I inherited a small farm up there when my great uncle died.

muskiesfan - Thank you much, I look forward to posting here.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
jlyles said:
George_Calfas said:

Yes, my name is Jonathan, but some people call me J and some people call me Nate. I'll respond to any of the three.

JackLondon said:

Thank you very much. I am thinking of switching to some form of business. My Dad seems to think that I would do well in business because I've been dealing cards at shows and on eBay since I was 12 years old. I am not too sure about the whole "having to talk to people" part of business though. Oh well, we'll see how it goes. Maybe I can be a writer or a jewel thief or assassin ;) .

Writer or assassin: fine. But jewel thieves often get caught and have to talk to lawyers, cops, judges... :)

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
welcome aboard jlyles. If you dont know what you collect, how will you know when you find it? :D

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
JackLondon said:
Writer or assassin: fine. But jewel thieves often get caught and have to talk to lawyers, cops, judges... :)

Andrew the greatest jewel thieves never get caught. so I say go for it Jonathan but make sure you're the best.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
pghbuccos said:
JackLondon said:

Andrew the greatest jewel thieves never get caught. so I say go for it Jonathan but make sure you're the best.

True. Thought I covered that with the assumption about assassins, but you make a good point.

So, Jonathan, you have the official sanction of the MT to turn to a life of crime! :lol:

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
jlyles said:
George_Calfas said:

Yes, my name is Jonathan, but some people call me J and some people call me Nate. I'll respond to any of the three. My favorite team is the Texas Rangers.

JackLondon said:

wideright - Thank you! I've been worrying about the whole what-do-I-want-to-do-after-college thing for a while now and honestly I have no idea. I have quite a few friends who live in Oklahoma, and I think I inherited a small farm up there when my great uncle died.

muskiesfan - Thank you much, I look forward to posting here.
So a couple hundred acres then? I think that's considered "small" in these here parts :lol: I don't know a farm in Oklahoma that isn't several hundred acres. Better check into that. Could be sitting on a real estate gold mine ;)

Members online

Latest posts