Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

===========The Morning Thread===========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
George_Calfas said:
Marro said:
[quote="George_Calfas":16x3spza]
Marro said:
[quote="George_Calfas":16x3spza]Rob, love the sig!

Thanks, I forgot that it was scanned and in my bucket. Needed too add some flair to my sig. In May a night of total bordeom turned me into bidding on it and a rube Marquard 8x10 auto, Month later I got an email stating they were mine. 1000 with buyers premium for the Cobb and 220 for the Marquard with premium also. Would love to flip some of my high end stuff into another Cobb auto or high end hof auto.

I have been thinking about picking up a Ruth but Cobb is harder to find and cheaper.

Cobb checks are the easiest to come buy and sometimes can be had for under a grand. An LCS near me has three Ruth's and he bought them at auction houses and doubled the final price as his asking price. Doubt he will sell them anytime soon, Collectors know ebay and shops is not the place to get a good deal on a ruth. I would love a Ruth and Urban Shocker for my PC, Shocker is the toughest of Murders Row as he passed away in 1928.[/quote:16x3spza]

I guess I need to find other places to buy. All I know of anymore is ebay.[/quote:16x3spza]

A lot of auction houses have monthly memrobilia auctions and all usually have Cobb and Ruth autos in them. I missed out Ruth balls by 20 bucks, Set my highest and included the premium in my max. Most were inscribed balls and signed on the side panel. Some team balls can be had 1500-2500 with Ruth on them. Ruth is my next goal along with my 61 Yankees team autos on 61 Topps.

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
chashawk said:
I would want a Gehrig. Ruth & Cobb were d-bags. :lol: :lol:

The green ink was Cobb's favorite type of pen.

I jumped on a Gehrig super cheap and made the guy meet me at the bank, Incase he had sellers remorse and wanted to back out of the deal. Paid him and had it in my safety deposit box within 5 minutes. Gehrig signed a lot of his autos in pencil also.

schillingfan

Jul 9, 2010
York, PA
Certainly no Gehrig, Ruth, or Cobb but pretty sweet in my book. ;)

Check.jpg

Envelope.jpg

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
gvsu96 said:
Next time I'm at my parents I need to take a picture of the Ruth.

Please do, Would love to see it. Another member on here has a scorecard signed by Gehrig and Ruth, Grandfather was a caddy for Ruth and both signed Ruths card and gave him it. That is a a dual auto that can get huge numbers because of the air tight provenance in getting the autos. Does the one from your parents carry a similar story?

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
It's a photograph taken by a friend of my grandfather or great grandfather. It has a nice type written letter on the back saying when and where the photo was taken.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
ok, so ive decided (like a fool!) to chart the sales of the slabs that i would like to own in 2011 that are in my sig.

i've done the last week, and will keep it going forward. Just tracking the ones that have sold, not all listed.

In the last 7 days, there have been 20 Jordan RC Slabs sold! incredible

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
IndyMann said:
Only signed check I have. Don't know much about it, but $11,449.00 was a lotta dimp back in 1878.

1878Check.jpg

"that's a lotta dimp" :lol: :lol: :lol:

1:29 mark

[youtube:2g7qo9dw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MIQ8No2WZs&feature=related[/youtube:2g7qo9dw]

Mr.Whipple

Banned
Apr 19, 2009
Joisey
My son is testing the paitence of a saint tonight, He is fighting the sleep and for some reason thinks. I am going to fill up a water gun for him to shoot us with.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
today's mail...

2005 Upper Deck MVP Signatures
2005UpperDeckMVPSignatures.jpg

2006 SP Authentic Chirography /75 (my 1st Casey auto in a Tigers uni)
2006SPAuthenticChirography.jpg

and this amazing card I am purchasing from Josh. he sent it to me and I haven't even paid for it yet :eek: :shock: thanks Josh!!!

2009-10 UD Black Rivals 6 on 6 Jerseys /25
2009UDBlackRivals6on6Jerseys.jpg

Josh also added this card...

2010-11 Upper Deck 20th Anniversary
2010UpperDeck20thAnniversary.jpg

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Great check Jeff

Dave - I would say congrats on the booklet but something tells me that you are going to lose sleep knowing that it wont be in a traditional holder. :lol: Wife is going to know exactly why you're in a foul mood when you leave your card locker/sports room. :lol:

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
thanks guys and thanks to Josh for the deal.

Dan :lol: you're correct I am going a little crazy not having a proper holder but I will figure something out.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Good evening guys.

Dave - nice pickups, that 6 on 6 card rocks.

I just bought myself a combined Christmas/birthday gift today...[ebay:2kue1qzl]160510067821[/ebay:2kue1qzl]

It was an impulse buy, and is by far my most expensive purchase to date. Price-wise it seems okay, but I am always nervous when it comes to redemptions. This is the 5x GU one, the rarest of the bunch. Hopefully these on-card autos won't have a zillion variations like the remainder of the product and this card will remain rare.

Members online