Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ===========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
JackLondon said:
Morning all.

George, important negotiating tip:

Don't ask to be paid in fireworks and beer. Tends to lessen your value.
Or in this George
[youtube:35jmllrx]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tviPLpD8VG8[/youtube:35jmllrx]

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Good almost afternoon guys

slept in big time but have the day off anyway so no big deal. knew I was going to need a day to recoup from the weekend.

Art and George good luck today!

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
JackLondon said:
darrend505 said:
JackLondon said:
Morning all.

Thanked! and Good Morning!

Hey Darren. How go things?

Good, enjoying my day off! Yesterday got most of the rest of my grandma's dining room put back together, and we are nearly finished packing up the kitchen and pantry so those walls can be redone as well. Then its just the rest of the house.....but that is not near as important as the main level!

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
darrend505 said:
JackLondon said:
darrend505 said:
JackLondon said:
Morning all.

Good, enjoying my day off! Yesterday got most of the rest of my grandma's dining room put back together, and we are nearly finished packing up the kitchen and pantry so those walls can be redone as well. Then its just the rest of the house.....but that is not near as important as the main level!

Hope it goes well. Finished the cleanup of Hedge-zilla yesterday. Going to trim Tree-sauras today and tomorrow.

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
JackLondon said:
darrend505 said:
JackLondon said:
darrend505 said:
JackLondon said:
Morning all.

Hope it goes well. Finished the cleanup of Hedge-zilla yesterday. Going to trim Tree-sauras today and tomorrow.

Sounds like you have been busy! How do the Christmas lights look? You'll be down with the G.O.D. and the S.O.D. soon, but you will still have the T.O.D. for awhile I feel...

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
If T.O.D. is Tree of Doom, then, no, it will remain. I am just trimming it.

S.O.D. (Shed of Doom, Storage Unit of Doom?) not a problem. Got rid of Storage Unit several months ago. Shed only has a few things in it.

I yanked down the Christmas lights at end of May. Waiting for the ET to do it was futile. I did drop the entire tangle of lights on his bed and he had to untangle them (ala "Christmas Vacation" movie).

When he "forgets" to take out the trash and recycling from the kitchen, we now take the cans and place them on his bed. He gets the message that way.

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
JackLondon said:
If T.O.D. is Tree of Doom, then, no, it will remain. I am just trimming it.

S.O.D. (Shed of Doom, Storage Unit of Doom?) not a problem. Got rid of Storage Unit several months ago. Shed only has a few things in it.

I yanked down the Christmas lights at end of May. Waiting for the ET to do it was futile. I did drop the entire tangle of lights on his bed and he had to untangle them (ala "Christmas Vacation" movie).

When he "forgets" to take out the trash and recycling from the kitchen, we now take the cans and place them on his bed. He gets the message that way.

Lol! T.O.D. is Teenager of Doom. Congrats on emptying the storage unit! We have to do that for my grandmother as well. 2 bedrooms, the basement and attic, could all fill another storage unit by themselves, we are slowly working on them as well....

poppudaimadochi

Jul 28, 2010
Long Island, NY
Dang, why do people insist of being ambiguous when writing Readme/FAQ's ???? Just found out I had another step in my install process, guess that explains me fighting for the entire morning for that thing to finally run :evil:

Sorry, end of rant. Back to baseball: anyone want to join me in trying to break the Ginter code this year? :mrgreen:

Also started working on a huge project in parallel to the PC (that has not seen a lot of action lately, apart from the prospect stash), the codename is P710D :lol: Might be a good reason to finally start a webpage/blog.

How's everyone doing dealing with the heat?

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
JackLondon said:
Morning all.

Huh, by my calculations being paid in Beer is my best option.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Good morning guys. Slept in this morning due to have a few to many brandy/water cocktails. Still a bit upset about receiving an empty envelope that should have had my PSA submission inside. Now I looking for some advice on how to proceed from this point.

Has anyone experienced receiving packages in which the content was missing? I hope not but it does happen apparently. This is the second time for me, the first was a shipment from Australia in an International Express Envelope. Now this one in a flat rate envelope. Similarities? I don't want to call Damian out on this, but why would anyone ship 12 slabs with this method of shipping? I did contact him before he shipped and asked him to insure the package and sent him funds to cover the insurance. Now I think that maybe I should have paid for more than $500 worth of coverage. I only wanted coverage just in case. Now with the grades of the cards, I should have increased the coverage by $250-$500.

When I went to the post office Monday afternoon to drop off some ebay sales that ended Sunday evening and where paid for, I asked how to go forward with a claim. She said talk to the Postmaster on Tuesday. So I will be off in a while to speak with him. I have not contacted Damian as of yet, this is my next assignment. I also am going to start a thread on the main board to list the missing cards. I just need some advise to how to proceed.

Here's the packing slip I sent out with the cards involved. Please keep a look-out for these items, most are serial #'d, and I do have the registry #'s as well.
Image-37.jpg

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Ralph,

he sent you 12 slabs in a Priority envelope?? I would more than call him out for that.. at the very least they should have been packed in a small flat rate box and properly insured. Sounds like it was an irresponsible deal right from the start by the person who subbed them for you. Hope it all works out for you.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
i still cant get over the empty envelope. you are right to ask why anyone would use that method to ship TWELVE slabs?

when shipping more then 2 or MAYBE three Slabs, they NEED to be BOXED, plain and simple.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Here's a scan of my receipt for shipping the cards out. I know I shipped in a box, I only have "000" & "0" bubblers to ship with. I don't think I would have put 12 cards in a "0" envelope. I also paid for insurance to ship to Damian.
Image-38.jpg

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Going to the Post Office, had 2 more items paid for. Will talk to the Postmaster also. A friend just called, I have to meet him at a house he put in a bid to buy, it was accepted so he needs to have some electrical work done. Then at 3:30pm I have to meet another wireman to finish roughing in the electrical on the Habitat for Humanity house this evening. I just sent Damian PM, so I'll wait for a reply and will post a new thread later this evening on this situation.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
That would be great if you didnt have to move right George? You've never expressed a desire to leave that I recall. You seem to like it there.

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
Has anyone ever bought from California Sportscards?

also, don't you hate it when you know you bought a card, but you cannot find said card, and even went and made sure you bought it. happening to me today...

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
darrend505 said:
Has anyone ever bought from California Sportscards?

also, don't you hate it when you know you bought a card, but you cannot find said card, and even went and made sure you bought it. happening to me today...

d I totally hear you! I'm going through that right now with a couple of OPC PSAs I KNOW I bought this spring, but cannot find

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
I think it would be a good idea to get a cellphone MT list going for the purposes of text messaging.

I for one am not a huge fan of talking on the phone, but don't mind texting.

Reason I was thinking about it is with the show three weeks away,, not all MTers are going to be able to make it. I they want something, and it is seen there by a MTer, they can simply text that MTer and ask em if they want it, and how much it is,etc.

Of course, this list would be private as to not flood anyone with texts. Also, if one is a slow to respond texter, this might not be for them as it is a time sensitive thing with buying cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts