Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ===========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
markakis8 said:
markakis8 said:
Fellow MTers:

Was wondering if you could help me out with something. A fellow member JBel4331 has been making custom banners, sigs, avatars, A&G cards, etc for many FCB members for a long time. I'm sure he's something for some of you already. He did the two banners in my sig.

He has never asked for anything EVER. I guarantee he's made at least a couple hundred banners and A&G cards over the past year or so.

Anyway, I happen to make a post (without knowing) in his last thread to the effect of "I hope some members are compensating this guys work as he does an excellent job" and I got a PM from him that basically said this (I know posting PM's are not allowed but I thought this could be an exception since we are doing so to help out another member):

"Thanks for making this post. Out of all of the custom cards / banners that I have made, I have had exactly 2 people to offer to send any cards (You were one of them) and probably about 5 offer to send some PayPal. Even the PayPal though, people ask me how much to make something for them and I just tell them "Whatever you want to send", which usually turns out to be $1 or $2. I have made 4-5 custom cards for a few users alone, and they don't even offer anything in return."

I know not everyone can contribute, but do you think we could rally the troops and send this guy some care packages? He has never asked for anything and does some great work for the community.

He collects the Boston Red Sox.

Anybody else want to hop on this train? We got 2 packages so far.

I believe he made my banner that I use on Neshek's. I can maybe send a couple things.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
markakis8 said:
markakis8 said:
Fellow MTers:

Was wondering if you could help me out with something. A fellow member JBel4331 has been making custom banners, sigs, avatars, A&G cards, etc for many FCB members for a long time. I'm sure he's something for some of you already. He did the two banners in my sig.

He has never asked for anything EVER. I guarantee he's made at least a couple hundred banners and A&G cards over the past year or so.

Anyway, I happen to make a post (without knowing) in his last thread to the effect of "I hope some members are compensating this guys work as he does an excellent job" and I got a PM from him that basically said this (I know posting PM's are not allowed but I thought this could be an exception since we are doing so to help out another member):

"Thanks for making this post. Out of all of the custom cards / banners that I have made, I have had exactly 2 people to offer to send any cards (You were one of them) and probably about 5 offer to send some PayPal. Even the PayPal though, people ask me how much to make something for them and I just tell them "Whatever you want to send", which usually turns out to be $1 or $2. I have made 4-5 custom cards for a few users alone, and they don't even offer anything in return."

I know not everyone can contribute, but do you think we could rally the troops and send this guy some care packages? He has never asked for anything and does some great work for the community.

He collects the Boston Red Sox.

Anybody else want to hop on this train? We got 2 packages so far.

Let me rustle up some cards...Do I send the package to you? PM me details please. Thanks!

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
7534a_lg.jpeg

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
George_Calfas said:
ThoseBackPages said:
http://www.spatial.redlands.edu/sdsworkshop/about.aspx[/url]

WINNER!!!!

^^This^^ It means that I am firmly wedging me name into the DoD[/quote:3a6u2smv]

That is awesome news man! Good for you!!

I have some cool work related news as well, today is my Phone Meet and Greet with my Mentor! I am excited about this as you all know from my last posts about it.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
George_Calfas said:
^^This^^ It means that I am firmly wedging me name into the DoD

Sorry to be a pervert but you use the word "wedge" and then....DoD.....that just looks like a head between two boobs.

EDIT: I mean...nice work!!!

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
:shock: :shock: :shock:

iPhone 4S. Outside the same, inside all different. A5 chip inside, dual-core graphics up to 7x faster than iPhone 4.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
ThoseBackPages said:

iPhone 4S. Outside the same, inside all different. A5 chip inside, dual-core graphics up to 7x faster than iPhone 4.

....and iPhone 5 to Sprint?

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Congrats GC.

I'd be really happy to see a DET/TEX showdown. I love postseason baseball with or without my favorite team.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Congrats George, I'm sure your efforts have been recognized.

Happy Anniversary to Charlie and your bride.

Just got finished working on the boat. I'm going out fishing the next two weeks while the weather is great. Then it's going into storage.

I would love to see a Milw/StL series.

I have less than $20 in Ebucks, haven't bought alot of items last quarter. Used what I had to help purchase this item:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/110749645347?ss ... 1439.l2649

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
alexs64 said:
George_Calfas said:
ThoseBackPages said:

No mention of 5.

Yeah, just read that after my post.....I guess iPhone 4S. Question is do I get a new BB or iPhone?

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
George_Calfas said:
alexs64 said:
[quote="George_Calfas":324zwu85]
ThoseBackPages said:

No mention of 5.

Yeah, just read that after my post.....I guess iPhone 4S. Question is do I get a new BB or iPhone?[/quote:324zwu85]

That depends, do you view the 4S as Windows ME or Vista? Or do you view it as Windows 7? That should help make your decision.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts